Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2020 3:10:16 PM EDT
I’ve been thinking a lot lately on a Roland Special. I was stalking the KKM site and saw they had comped Glock 29 barrels for sale. This immediately sparked some interest. Has anyone comped a Glock 29 or 20 to see how it performs comped? I think with the additional energy, it would really tame the 10mm down.

According to Wikipedia, there isn’t much of a pressure difference between the 9mm and 10mm. 35ksi vs 37.5ksi respectively. I don’t know if it’s the pressure that makes comps work or if it’s energy. Either way, a 10mm Roland Special intrigues me.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The KKM comp makes a noticeable difference even in 10mm in my experience. Without the comp it's pretty soft shooting already from a Glock, but the comp takes some of the bite out for sure. Only got to shoot this thing once with and without the comp after getting all the parts (just before the quarantine went down) but it was a lot of fun. Got some Underwood hard cast ammo on the way which I'm excited to try from this setup.

My G20L with the KKM barrel and comp:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top