Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2021 10:48:18 AM EDT
So I decided to split this topic off from my other thread.
I'll start with a quote from that thread:

Originally Posted By MrBlackCat:

This is where things get murky... I believe there are some Israeli one piece barrels in 10"... but as far as I know, there are no two piece US made barrels in either length.  
Logically,  two piece =  Israeli made.  One piece 6" = US made.  One Piece 10" = US and a some Israeli made.
Slots can be anything... I do have US and Israeli made two slot and multi-slot.
I even have an IWI (not IMI) 6" 357 Magnum... two slot, made in 2006.

I hope this helps keep the confusion going... it just looks like there are few absolutes. :D

MrBlackCat
View Quote

I have been looking around a lot and seeing a couple variations in the 10 inch barrels. There seems to be not much info out there on them and I thought maybe we might discuss them a little.

It seems one thing we figured out was all of the two piece 10 inch barrels are Israel made. However there also appears to be Israel made 1 piece barrels, but no real way to identify them.
I recently had a person reply to a old want to buy ad I had, stating they had a 10 inch 44 mag barrel. Long story short, they turned out to be a scammer/phisher. However he did send me a picture (most likely they found online) of a 10 inch 44 mag barrel. What made it stand out to me was that it was a one piece barrel, with two scope mounting slots, but it has the flutes down the side of the barrel.
The 10 inch two slot, one piece 44 mag barrel I have, does not have the flutes down the side.
The two piece Israel made barrels I have in 357 and 44 (6 and 10 inch) have the flutes.
So that got me thinking, could that be a possible identifiable variation for figuring out US Vs Israel made one piece barrels?

Here is the picture he sent me.

When comparing my one piece 10 inch barrel to my recently acquired two piece Israel made barrel, I can see a noticeable difference in the contour of the barrel, with the Israel made barrel being "heavier" in profile.

Of course that could be simply a design change. Maybe they started out with the flutes, but then decided to drop the flutes and make the contour a little lighter instead. So that one could be a early US made and not Israel at all. Also note that while it has the flutes, it also appears to be the "lighter" profile as well.
So basically there seems to be no definitive proof and there is nothing but speculation in what I have posted. I just thought it might make a interesting discussion.

If you have a 10 inch barrel post up what it is. One piece or two piece, 2 slots or 8 slots, flutes or no flutes, etc..
Also, we are discussing Mk XIX barrels and not Mk I or VII.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Note sure if it's 1 or 2 piece. My 8 slot .50 10" is fluted all the way to the end like your grayish barrel.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fuzzy03cls:
Note sure if it's 1 or 2 piece. My 8 slot .50 10" is fluted all the way to the end like your grayish barrel.
View Quote

Never seen a fluted 50 cal barrel. Is there any way you can post a picture?
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m not contributing to your research.  But I’ve had a bucket list desire to cut and thread a .50 DE barrel for a big old suppressor.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
my 10 is just like the bottom black one, same cal
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:44:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RiverSwine45] [#5]
I really can't help but to maybe add to the confusion.

All 3 of my 10" barrels seem profiled to a combination of both your 50 and 44 barrels.

The top rails end short like your 44 does but the sides have wide flats to the end like your 50.

ETA: Looking at it more, my 44 top rail ends abruptly like the pic you posted from the scammer while my 357 and 50 top rail ends with slight contour like your 44. And all of mine are 1 piece.

Attachment Attached File

All 3 were bought new from kahr last year. How long they had em stashed away in the back I have no idea.

Am now kinda curious as to what the 10" 429DE's we are patiently wait for may look like.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting none of them have the flutes either.
So far, the picture the scammer sent me is the only 1 piece 10 inch barrel with flutes I have seen.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like there is a little variation in the Israel productions two piece barrels.

I just picked up this 10 inch two piece Israel barrel and noticed a slight variance between it and the other one I have.

The new barrel I just got (the blued barrel), the flat on the top extends almost to the front sight. The barrel also has a slight step (it gets a little larger in diameter) where the front sight is (very hard to tell in the picture, hard to catch in a picture as well). But pretty much it has a slightly larger profile under the front sight tower. The sandblasted barrel is smooth from the underside of the barrel to the muzzle.
The font and size of the 50 AE marking is also noticeably different between the two.

Could just be different years of production, or changes in tooling or setup and machining.
Just seems interesting that there seems to be so many variations in the barrels on these guns.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:49:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:

While it’s still quite the experience, I’ll warn you the Desert Eagle isn’t the quietest suppressor host out there, due to how the gas system works.

If you’re ever in Michigan, you’re welcome to try out my suppressed .44 Mag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:
Originally Posted By NoDakWolfPack:
I’m not contributing to your research.  But I’ve had a bucket list desire to cut and thread a .50 DE barrel for a big old suppressor.

While it’s still quite the experience, I’ll warn you the Desert Eagle isn’t the quietest suppressor host out there, due to how the gas system works.

If you’re ever in Michigan, you’re welcome to try out my suppressed .44 Mag.

With as difficult as the 10 in barrels have been to find, I almost cringe at this.
However if it is one of the newer one piece 8 slot barrels it might not be so bad and I would allow it. But doing it to a two slot two piece barrel I think I might shed a tear.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:02:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GarrettJ] [#10]
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 8:09:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RiverSwine45] [#11]
I don't know if the caliber roll mark is anything but it certainly looks like they just kinda wing it on Israel barrels with what is handy when they lay down free hand. All 6 of my barrels are centered and standard looking. Also doesn't look like they apply 357 and 44 with the magnum designation in Israel.

Attachment Attached File

Mine also have a number on the lower block in the rear where the 2 piece pins are. My 3 10" are the same 35390-x-x and the 3 6" are all different but with the same pattern xxxxx-x-x. Maybe just build tracking lot #'s though. They don't correlate with the #'s on the box label they came in.

ETA
There is a 6" 2 piece 429DE polished chrome with the grooves in it for sale right now, it's an 8 slot top rail. Is the 429DE common with grooves?

And just because I can't stop looking around at this stuff. E bay has a bunch of barrels with what looks like MR knock off barrel extendos mounted on them that are like 4" long. They want way more than I'm willing to pay for the entertainment of owning one but they look kinda cool. I'd be more into it if it was a true 10" rifled barrel that carried the shape all the way out.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 8:09:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RiverSwine45:

And just because I can't stop looking around at this stuff. E bay has a bunch of barrels with what looks like MR knock off barrel extendos mounted on them that are like 4" long. They want way more than I'm willing to pay for the entertainment of owning one but they look kinda cool. I'd be more into it if it was a true 10" rifled barrel that carried the shape all the way out.
View Quote

Same here, I am constantly looking all over the internet.
I saw those barrels with the extensions on ebay. I am pretty sure these are just extensions someone makes themselves and puts onto new barrels and then sells. I am not sure how I feel about them.
Like you, if they were a full length rifled barrel, that might be different.
Have a 10 inch with the full profile to the end, then add some angled slots the the underside of it just like the H&K USP Match. I would think that would actually look pretty cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top