Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2018 1:10:57 AM EDT
Greetings all!

I have a suppressor in "jail" and am starting the process of buying a threaded barrel for my Polymer80 build and OEM Glock 19. I of course will be running subsonic ammo.

Aftermarket barrels seem to come in two flavors of twist rate: 1:10, which I believe is closer to factory and 1:16.

QUESTION: is it ok to shoot subsonic in the 1:16 twist rate barrel? Is 1:10 ideal for subsonic?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
For my Glock 34.4 I have a Zev (1 in 10) and a Lone wolf, Alpha Wolf (1 in 16) threaded barrels. Before I had the suppressor I noticed no difference in accuracy between the two barrels at 10 to 25 yds nor any difference in reliability.

After getting my suppressor (Rugged Obsidian 45) I still am not noticing any difference between the two of them. I know this doesn't help you very much, but for just blasting away at relatively close range I don't think it matters much.

I've shot 115, 124, 147 and 158 grain through both barrels without any problems, it is a .45 can though, so it is overbore. Again not very helpful.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For my Glock 34.4 I have a Zev (1 in 10) and a Lone wolf, Alpha Wolf (1 in 16) threaded barrels. Before I had the suppressor I noticed no difference in accuracy between the two barrels at 10 to 25 yds nor any difference in reliability.

After getting my suppressor (Rugged Obsidian 45) I still am not noticing any difference between the two of them. I know this doesn't help you very much, but for just blasting away at relatively close range I don't think it matters much.

I've shot 115, 124, 147 and 158 grain through both barrels without any problems, it is a .45 can though, so it is overbore. Again not very helpful.
View Quote
No, it is very helpful. I've not gotten a comparison like this from anyone. No one has owned both and compared both like this. Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve had an opposite experience with 147s ( factory and hand loads) both with and without a can. Glock and zev are fine 2” or so groups from a rest at 20-25 yards.  Lone wolf, aac and silenerco barrels were awful for accuracy like 6”.  But they all shot fine with 115s.

Edit, forgot I had a kkm on a race gun years ago which was accurate with 115, 124 and 147.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top