Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/8/2020 11:52:39 AM EDT
*UPDATE 5/26*
Spoke with LWG via email.  They advised contacting HKparts and they would send me out a new trigger safety and spring.  Contacted HKparts and the parts arrived in a few days.  Installed the parts and everything is good to go.

Guys,  I picked up a used VP9 several months ago.  It has had the trigger replaced.  I do not know who made the replacement trigger.  Can anyone tell by the pics?  The trigger safety bar(? correct term?) broke.  I can take a pick and move the little bar back and forth easily.  Thoughts?

ETA:  The safety bar in the trigger seems to be very loose.  Using my fingers on the outsides of the trigger, not touching the safety bar, I can get it to fire.  The safety bar is loose and wants to stay back in the trigger itself.  I had to take a small pick to pull the lever out in the bottom picture.

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Lazy Wolf Guns
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rdot:
Lazy Wolf Guns
View Quote

How are they to work with?  Any chance they would replace it?  HKParts.net has it listed for $129 and it's OOS.

Is there supposed to be a spring behind the trigger safety bar?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know anything about them. I am just well versed in Google-Fu. I have n idea how they will handle it but I would shoot them an email and see what they say. The safety bar should be spring loaded.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#4]
No personal experience but they seem to have a good reputation in the VP9 world. Certainly worth reaching out to them seeing as how that trigger is unsafe as-is.

OP, is there any spring tension in the trigger safety? Or does it just flop around as if the spring was broken or missing?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
No personal experience but they seem to have a good reputation in the VP9 world. Certainly worth reaching out to them seeing as how that trigger is unsafe as-is.

OP, is there any spring tension in the trigger safety? Or does it just flop around as if the spring was broken or missing?
View Quote

It just flops around.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I sent LWG an email.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Update in OP
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Update in OP
View Quote
Glad it worked out.

How do you like the trigger? I'm hesitant to mess with my stock-ish VP9SK seeing as its my carry pistol...but I strongly prefer flat triggers.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I looks like someone tried to break off the safety.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I looks like someone tried to break off the safety.
View Quote

When I spoke with Rick via email at LWG he informed me that they had a bad batch of trigger safetys a couple of years ago.  The problem was caught fairly early but some of them made it out the door.  I'm guessing this was the issue with this one.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Glad to hear they took care of you.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top