Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#1]
<––––––––––  Raises Hand.  "Shoot them first.  They deserve it."  

I have trouble imagining a believable scenario in which the perpetrator's attention would be focused on the anti-gunners, they would know that he knew they were anti-gunners, they would realize I was going to save myself while deliberately not lifting a finger to save them and all that could occur in such a way I would be confident in taking measured action instead of immediate action.

Most rabid anti-gunners would have no compunction seeing gun owners killed to fulfill their anti-gun fantasies so I have no problem with a thought exercise in the other direction.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#2]
No unless she's really hot with huge boobs then yes...
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Most rabid anti-gunners would have no compunction seeing gun owners killed to fulfill their anti-gun fantasies.

And you believe that?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most rabid anti-gunners would have no compunction seeing gun owners killed to fulfill their anti-gun fantasies.

And you believe that?
I've had more than one tell me that to my face.  Nevertheless, I will gladly retract "most" in favor of "many" or even "some" for the noble cause of hyperbole reduction.  

The fact they aren't shooting at you doesn't mean we are not at war with the rabid anti-gunners.  Don't doubt they see gun owners as collateral damage on the way to achieving their goals.    Government monopoly on the use of force leads invariably to government abuse of force.

I'll make this real simple: "Give up your guns or we will take your freedom, your property, or even your life."  That's gun control, that's all it is.

"That's football guys, that's all it is. Now what are you gonna do?"  

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yet another hypothetical:

One of your loved ones carries a weapon (non-LE) and intervenes in the situation to save someone. A bystander is wounded in the exchange. Your loved one goes through grand jury indictment and then a criminal trial because the city is political motivated to make the case as an example to others. Your loved one is vilified by the media and a civil lawsuit is brought against him. The original victim doesn't raise one dollar for the defense fund nor gives any thanks. How would you feel?

Not sure what that has to do with this:
Even if I knew about the shooting in advance, I wouldn't do a single goddamn thing to help them.

Jay

It means in your original assertion that you only perceived that the CHL was disinterested. I'm just pointing out the other side of the coin where society at-large impose disincentives to intervene. And to answer your following reply, yes, you will go before a grand jury even for a good shoot which will set you back on average 10k for legal presentation. If it goes to trial, then it's 100k. And then you have to worry about the civil lawsuit. That's a lot of lost opportunity for yourself and your immediate family for strangers who actually hate you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I would not stick my neck out to protect anyone I do not know from a "crazed gunman" who just barges in a place prepared to "spray" the place. Obviously if myself, or loved one's are in potential harm I wouldn't hesitate. Since I have no way of knowing who the gunman intends to shoot, I'd have to take him down. If I did find myself in this situation I'd be damned sure to contact every media outlet I could along with all pro-gun groups to get this spun the proper way with national coverage.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]
You would probably have a convert if you saved them:) And they might go convert 10 other folks. If you didnt save them and the media found out....there might be a backlash
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:39:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No unless she's really hot with huge boobs then yes...

+1 x 100

Would I do anything... depends on the situation.  I would like to say yes, but depends on how it affects me and the people that i am with.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Two words.....

Human shields
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You would probably have a convert if you saved them:) And they might go convert 10 other folks. If you didnt save them and the media found out....there might be a backlash

Or they might just as easily say that more odious gun laws would have prevented the entire incident; you are not dealing with rational people.

These are the same folks that believe "gun free zone" signs prevent criminals from introducing guns into an area and committing evil deeds.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or they might just as easily say that more odious gun laws would have prevented the entire incident; you are not dealing with rational people.

These are the same folks that believe "gun free zone" signs prevent criminals from introducing guns into an area and committing evil deeds.

Sad but true.  

My mindset is that I'm going to save myself so my kids have a dad around as they grow up.  Actually facing that situation though it's tough to say what I'd really do.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#12]
If I had the capacity to save them, then I would do so.  This is a very murky question since the situation leaves a lot of variables.  Am I dining with family?  Am I aware of the events before they unfold?  At any rate, to save a human life is always paramount.  However- given the choice to save a family/friend/random observer I would do that first.  I doubt anyone would be in the right state of mind to make such choices.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I had the capacity to save them, then I would do so.  This is a very murky question since the situation leaves a lot of variables.  Am I dining with family?  Am I aware of the events before they unfold?  At any rate, to save a human life is always paramount.  However- given the choice to save a family/friend/random observer I would do that first.  I doubt anyone would be in the right state of mind to make such choices.

This.  Watching a person die when you have the means to save them is tantamount to manslaughter...I couldn't look at myself in the mirror every morning if I did that.

Some of you have a terribly one-dimensional view of humanity.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Stack them up like cord wood for a barrier, then defend the fort!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top