User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Personally, i'd really like to see how well a Les Baer works after 30,000 rounds through, as opposed to a Glock, which i KNOW will still run as well as the day i bought it, and won't require new parts, tuning, etc.

I will not troll, I will not troll, I will not troll........

If you think 30K will wear out a 1911 you're nuts.  Maybe a RIA but not a quality pistol.  

As to the Les Baer, sure the groups will open up a bit over 30K and a match trigger might need tuning but you're not even being realistic there.   Different critters completely.   After 30K the trigger will still be better than a new glock and it will still shoot far better than the glock did new.  

You're trying to compare a hand fitted pistol to something that's turned out on cookie cutters.      

I think that's the most ridiculous comparison I've ever seen.  

sorry i should have specified, a glock will run exactly the same after 30K through, a match grade, handfitted 1911, will not. of course it'll still be hot shit at the IPSC matches, but it will not be 100% like it used to be.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I think most of you guys are missing a mojor point here in this hijacked thread (which has magically become a glock vs 1911 pissing match).  

Does your department provide you with free ammo for the 40?  

If so, I say go for it.  I'm all about the PD paying for my training and duty ammo.

I like Glocks, and more police departments in the US use the Glock 40 than probably anything else.  If they were grenades, I betcha it would be front-page news and everyone would be using sigs.  

Yes, some Glocks have Kb'd with factory ammo.  So has everything else.  It happens.  Either bad guns or bad ammo.  Gun makers blame the ammo, ammo makers blame the gun.  Noone will ever know why it really happens.  You sure ain't gonna find the answer here on the internet.  But it sure is fun to watch people argue.

BTW - the 19/23/32 size gun is perfect for concealed carry IMHO.  Small nuff to conceal well, big nuff to shoot well and hold lots of bullets (please don't anyone tell me all you'll ever need is X amount of ammo unless you've been in dozens of gunfights and have never missed and everything went perfect - and even then I'll still think you're full of shit).

I think the long and short of it is I'd feel fine with the 23, and see no real glaring reason why you shouldn't.  As long as you get free ammo.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Use factory ammo, shoot as much as you can and don't worry about it. They are not a myth (just as they are not an unheard of occurance in other guns) but you are more likely to be struck by lightning on the range than a KB.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top