Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
1st 2=.40 IQ Aguila 95g 1500 fps

I've never seen those tested.  Would they penetrate so much as a heavy sweater?

Only pastel sweaters.  Green, dark blue, and black are especially resistant to these bullets.

-Troy

I can say from experience that a SuperVel 90gr, jhp from a BHP at about 20ft. will not completely penetrate a chihuahua dog.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#3]
OKay.  First, to answer the original question, I have Golden Sabre in my g23.

Next, I have heard that some people use the Ranger T's. Where do you get those at as I'd love to try some?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I can say from experience that a SuperVel 90gr, jhp from a BHP at about 20ft. will not completely penetrate a chihuahua dog.

Pics?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
180grain Winchester Ranger T....because the Leos use them. They have to be good.hug.gif

Just because the LEOs use them, does not mean that they are good.  I am a LEO and several of the guys I work with, along with me, have been trying to get our department to switch loads.  I am not impressed with the Ranger XT.  The only reason that I carry them in my personal .40 cal guns is because I get plenty free.  (I know this is a poor excuse.)  I have convinced my dad to change his .45 defense load to Hydrashoks.  I wish our department would change, but change is a bad word.

There are some stats compiled, that I have seen in the past, on the performance of different bullets in officer-involved shootings.  I can't find it now, but I will post it if I can locate it.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pics?

Hah! Even if I had any, that was a brand NEW SuperVel cartridge...does that tell you how long ago it was? No such thing as a digital camera then. Part of the job was to get rid of abandoned and nusiance dogs and cats...no dog pound...I was never fond of that part, but I did it plenty of times,,,12ga. buck and slugs worked far better than any handguns.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top