Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#1]
A revolver requires little to no training, goes bang 99.99999% of the time, and come in very potent calibers. So what if you need half moon or full moon clips? Its not like you load a semi without a magazine. If you need more than 6 rounds, you dont need to be staying in the firefight.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the CZ-75 in 9mm. CZ-85 if you hang with any lefties, it's the ambi model.  It really is a honey of a gun for an obscene price.  When it comes time to carry in a few years, get a RAMI and stick with a familiar pattern.  9mm is cheaper than .45 for practice.. About half the price at wallyworld.  15 rounds with cheap hicaps makes for fun at the range.  The problem with cheap 1911's is they are often cheap 1911's  I love my .45 to death, but it wouldn't be cool on a 16 year old budget.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Have you considered an EAA Witness?

+1

Used you can find them around $275.
New they run about $375.

I just picked up a new 10mm not too long ago and bought 2 x 15rd mags for $25 each from
www.eaacorp.com

My buddy has a 9mm Witness and loves it.

I also agree that the Rock Island .45 is worth a look but if you are on a budget .45acp get expensive fast.
$275 www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=24396431
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#4]
EAA witness is a wonderful pistol. I own a full sized wonderfinish 10mm, and its a nut cracker.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top