Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a used G19 from a buddy.  Was running through the mags, and on the 3rd one, it would FTF on the last couple rounds.  Took a look at the mag and it had a big X scratched into it.  

I'll definitely keep the mag so I can practice clearance drills.  

Edited: I ran wwb, S&B, corbon and hydroshoks throught it.  No problems at all with the good mags.  I've probably put 2500 - 3000 rds of WWB through my pistols and rifles.  No problems.  I think it puts holes in paper just fine.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I shoot WWB almost exclusively.  Not one problem so far.

+ 10,000
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:08:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had underpowered lots of WWB in 9mm and .38 SPL

9mm 115 gr from a Beretta 92-F that barely dropped the spent cases at my feet; and just yesterday
I was shooting some WWB 130 gr FMJ .38 SPL through an older model 38 (J-frame Airweight) Bodyguard and found that their POI was a full 6" lower than 158 gr loads from Federal and Remington
at 7 yards.

The report was also noticeably more mild than the 158 grainers.

I've had good and bad from ALL major US commercial ammo manufacturers in all calibers
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:41:20 AM EDT
[#4]
WWB is rather dirty, but I don't really have anything to complain about since its not hard to clean up using just CLP and a brush.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
To those of you who dont ead the whole thing. I recanted and said it was not WWB that was the problem it was the mags I got from CDNN. Which by the way they refuse to replace. Last time I deal with them. I bout 4 extra mags and so far about 3 have gone bad. CAlled htem and they said I woul dhave to deal with SIG. Which is crap since I bought them through CDNN I doubt SIG is going to replace jack.

how about changing the title of the thread then???
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I were you, I'd switch to Blazer Brass.  It's cheaper, more accurate, and has given me no problems through 3 different firearms in 3 different calibers.  I dislike WWB because it's dirtier and less accurate.  I've never had any problems with WWB, it's just not as good as Blazer Brass is for me.  That, plus my Sig shoots it almost as accurately as my handloads.  MJD

most ranges will not let you shoot blazer because they use the empty shells to reload, I shoot wwb, blazer, and umc and have been for many many years, I disagree with you when you say it's more accurate but it is slightly, just slightly clearner

Blazer brass is reloadable, because it is made of brass  On the other hand the grey colored shell casings are aluminum, these are the ones you are thinking of that are not reloadable
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I use WWB in my GLOCKs, only problem is that it's freaking dirty.  

I hope the case of Blazer I bought isn't as dirty.

Gun or ammo problem, it's hard to say.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm on 500+ rounds of WWB in a month and a half, no problems.  I actually switches after CCI blazer aluminum casings were giving me probs.  My break in was probably not met.  So I switched to WWB and not one FTF or FTE.  Maybe clean your gun dude.  If it's clean, then it sucks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I shoot WWB almost exclusively.  Not one problem so far.

me too. 9mm, 40, 45, all work great in my USP9/USP45/P2000 40 and 92FS. I've used WWB in my Glocks too, G17, G22, G21. All work great.

It could be your gun. Just because it's a Sig, doesn't mean it's all that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I had one problem with a box of WWB.  a few decided not to fire.  Found out if I had sent the bullets that didn't work and the box back to Winchester, they would have comp'ed me.  Their customer service is pretty good.

I find that WWB is VERY dirty and if you over oil your gun it could cause your gun to gum up.  I have since switched to similarly inexpensive ammo and have found very little to no soot forming on the end of my gun.  The WWB ammo would coat the end of the barrel/slide/frame in 1+" of residue.

I shoot Magtech, BlackHills, CCI Blazer, pretty much whatever I can get my hands on.   ETA (all those listed are much cleaner than WWB)

On a similar note Federal's American Eagle seems to be almost as dirty as WWB.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:10:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been shopping around online and in catalogs for 45acp ammo. I still can't find anything that comes close to Wally World WWB 45acp 100 packs, especially when you figure in freight.  

I always liked Magtech, seems a little hotter in 45acp compared to WWB, UMC, and Fed. American Eagle. It's getting expensive around here though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
To those of you who dont ead the whole thing. I recanted and said it was not WWB that was the problem it was the mags I got from CDNN. Which by the way they refuse to replace. Last time I deal with them. I bout 4 extra mags and so far about 3 have gone bad. CAlled htem and they said I woul dhave to deal with SIG. Which is crap since I bought them through CDNN I doubt SIG is going to replace jack.

how about changing the title of the thread then???

And edit your first post in this thread too.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top