BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The problem was the AWB from 94-04 the 26 had 10 rounds and a very compact size pistol.  I personally do not like the pistol because a 19 is perfect for carry but the 26/27/33 are not bad pistols and if you look at kind of why\where they came about it makes sense.  I can also see times the G19 of mine is pretty difficult to carry in certain clothing a sub compact would be slightly better but I honestly just switch to my PPS.

I own a G27 and cannot tell you the last time I carried\shot it, can count on 1 hand how many times it has been carried, and it fit perfectly in my cars center console it just sits there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The correct answer is 26, 19, and 34 MOS.

The 26 is stupid. Carrying a 19 isn't hard.

I agree,

The G26 is a solution looking for a problem

The problem was the AWB from 94-04 the 26 had 10 rounds and a very compact size pistol.  I personally do not like the pistol because a 19 is perfect for carry but the 26/27/33 are not bad pistols and if you look at kind of why\where they came about it makes sense.  I can also see times the G19 of mine is pretty difficult to carry in certain clothing a sub compact would be slightly better but I honestly just switch to my PPS.

I own a G27 and cannot tell you the last time I carried\shot it, can count on 1 hand how many times it has been carried, and it fit perfectly in my cars center console it just sits there.

The part in red is why I have a 26.  It's just another option for carry, and options are good to have.  My LC9 gets most of the carry time now since it's easily concealed even in gym shorts if need be.   The G43 I just picked up MAY replace it...but it'll have to pass my litmus test first before I start carrying it.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell, I'm all over the place. Joined GSSF earlier today. On my way. What the hell? 2 year so I could go ahead and get my discount card. I don't remember smoking any crack, maybe there was something in my drink
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]
In a couple weeks I'll be getting one.

It's "good enough" compared to it's competitors, and parts & magazines are far more abundant.

For that reason alone everyone should have a Glock.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Picked up last Saturday. I like it. Now to decide on a holster. Have an Alien Gear, have worn it all day and seems pretty good. The G19 seems to carry a little easier than the LW Champion Operator. Not quite as heavy, and no cold ally on my back. I do feel like it prints a little though with the extra thickness.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#5]
My very first handgun purchase was a Glock 19rtf2 in 2009. Since then I either own or have owned the following...

Colt 1991
Colt CCO
Beretta M9
Glock 43, 26, 17rtf2, 21, 30
M&P 9fs, 40c
Kimber Micro .380
S&W 442 (x2)
Sig 226 Tacops 9mm
Ruger LCP, GP100

There's been more but my point being... today I carried that G19. Yesterday I carried that Glock 19. And you know what I'll carry tomorrow? That same Glock 19.

ETA: for holsters, I carry appendix in either an Incog or a T-Rex arms sidecar. When I used to carry elsewhere the MTAC worked great.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the raven vanguard2 for aiwb and a horsehide "summer special" for 4 oclock iwb. I love ryan grizzle horse hide but there is a $30 galco in the ee that would be a good buy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The part in red is why I have a 26.  It's just another option for carry, and options are good to have.  My LC9 gets most of the carry time now since it's easily concealed even in gym shorts if need be.   The G43 I just picked up MAY replace it...but it'll have to pass my litmus test first before I start carrying it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree,

Ditto. And if the 26 prints, I pocket carry a P380.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Love my new G19. So far it carries fine in a sticky with a button down shirt. It will be my winter carry and I'll revert back to my xds for summer/warm spring/fall day t-shirt carry.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Love my full sized Glocks but I finally gave into the hype and bought a G19.

Should arrive tomorrow!

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer the shape of the grip on the 26, I shoot it better then I shoot the 19.  Outside of ca a 26 with a 19 mag with pierce extension is a nice piece.

I personally carry a 1911, so I agree, carrying a 19 is not a problem.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I agree,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree,

I don't understand how its a solution looking for a problem?  My 26 has plenty of trouble free rounds through it.  I have a 26, 19, and a 34.  The 26 is carried in the summer when its tshirt weather and when it starts getting cool the 19 is the EDC.  

With your theory why not carry a 17 over a 19 its almost the same size?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Well damn, already bought a second 19. This on BFG
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top