they have been doing that often lately, esp. with the p250s
to another poster
no on the 225/p6
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I took it out and shot it this weekend.

100% No malfunctions of any kind

Point of aim was high and left quite a bit

I was pretty pleased by the performance. I started out with mini mags thinking they would be needed but after 50 rounds I started with the walmart 550 fed bulkpack ran at least 100 through it and no failures at all

Downsides
One mag
No last round hold open
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, 4 years since the AWB and we get a brand new .22 pistol/conversion that has a 10 round mag. One of them. It's polymer and costs $30.
Awesome. I'm going to buy 7 of these conversions right now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#5]
The AR15.com store said "In Stock" so I ordered one.  Hopefully when they said "in stock" they meant it!

Mark
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wow, 4 years since the AWB and we get a brand new .22 pistol/conversion that has a 10 round mag. One of them. It's polymer and costs $30.
Awesome. I'm going to buy 7 of these conversions right now.

You do realize the 10 round capacity is because it is a rimfire and you cant double stack rimmed rounds right

I guess you better not buy Ruger, smith, browning, walther, or any other current manufacturers 22 pistols
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Received mine Wednesday. Thanks guys. Can't wait to take it out this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Will we be able to special order a 226 barrel for our 228/9 kit?  I've got an Outback II I'd like to use it with.

Quoted:
Will any of these kits fit a 225?

My 228 and 225 slides are not interchangeable.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Ordered one last night.  It said it was in stock so looking forward to it soon.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Got mine today from AR15.com

I took it out immediately, gave it a quick lube and slid it onto my 226 Elite frame.  Ran off to the range and shot about 250 or so rounds through it without  single problem.  I fired some CCI Mini-mags along with some basic Winchester Target ammo and all fed just fine.

Its not nearly as accurate as my Buckmark, but its mostly due to the sights I'm sure since they are more of a "combat" style as opposed to a target sight.  Its decently accurate though and is great for plinking.  I'll be using t mostly to practice the draw and double action trigger pull to get consistent with that so its great to be able to do that without running through the stock of 9mm since the prices have gotten so outrageous.

Anyway, I definitely recommend it to be able to play with your actual Sig at lower cost.  Dont expect a target gun even with the adjustable sights, but for a plinker its two thumbs up.

Thanks to the AR15 site.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'll be using t mostly to practice the draw and double action trigger pull to get consistent with that so its great to be able to do that without running through the stock of 9mm since the prices have gotten so outrageous.

That is exactly why I bought mine

Cheap practice for USPSA
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 4:52:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Got mine today from AR15.com

I'll be using t mostly to practice the draw and double action trigger pull to get consistent with that so its great to be able to do that without running through the stock of 9mm since the prices have gotten so outrageous.

Anyway, I definitely recommend it to be able to play with your actual Sig at lower cost.  Dont expect a target gun even with the adjustable sights, but for a plinker its two thumbs up.

Thanks to the AR15 site.

I received mine yesterday!  Went to the range yesterday.  Mini Mags and AE 22 (38gr) ran perfectly.  Remington Bulk Pack also ran without a hitch.  "Federal" bulk pack had all kinds of issues (36 gr hollowpoint).

For my purposes, it is perfect.

I do need to drift the sight to the right though.

Thanks AR15.com!

Mark
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#14]
WE got  2 kits in today at work. No 228/229 kit with 226 barrel yet.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I have made a small plug that will work with the 10 rd mag. This will make the make the mag hold 15 rounds.
Ill have them in mass next week and Ill sell them cheap.
I have tested this in mine and it works 100%.

http://www.collectors-society-slabs.com/images/22lrc.jpg
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have made a small plug that will work with the 10 rd mag. This will make the make the mag hold 15 rounds.
Ill have them in mass next week and Ill sell them cheap.
I have tested this in mine and it works 100%.

www.collectors-society-slabs.com/images/22lrc.jpg

I like. How much?

Can you make a follower that will hold the slide on last shot? Now that would be very cool.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I will have a price around Tuesday next week.

The follower might be a bit hard to comeup with but Ill look into it.Happy 4Th!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Im really laughing right now.

It looks like those kits are Ciners.  I bet its one of the reasons hes sooo late with products at this time.

IAC, if Ciner made it, it will work.  I know that alot of people dis is stuff, but from all of the kits ive bought, ive never been disappointed.  i wonder how many of you would buy it if you knew it was from ciner?

cant say anything about his CS since i havent had anything break.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Ill have a price in the morn. I may also add a new solid stainless steel slide rod as part of the kit or sell them extra. The slide rod that comes with the conversion kit is plastic. I just have to wait and see if my machine shop can do this cheap enough to make it worth trying to sell them. I think I can sell maybe 150 kits if I have them made? (kit will have the mag pug and the guide rod)
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Im really laughing right now.

It looks like those kits are Ciners.  I bet its one of the reasons hes sooo late with products at this time.

IAC, if Ciner made it, it will work.  I know that alot of people dis is stuff, but from all of the kits ive bought, ive never been disappointed.  i wonder how many of you would buy it if you knew it was from ciner?

cant say anything about his CS since i havent had anything break.

Doesn't matter at the moment, it is the only game in town for a 226 conversion. Mine is working fine, No complaints so far.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I was asked to reomove the info I had posted. Admin tells me I need to buy a dealers package on AR15 to sell these items like I want to sell them. So I edited out the info of this post.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 7:16:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ill have a price in the morn. I may also add a new solid stainless steel slide rod as part of the kit or sell them extra. The slide rod that comes with the conversion kit is plastic. I just have to wait and see if my machine shop can do this cheap enough to make it worth trying to sell them. I think I can sell maybe 150 kits if I have them made? (kit will have the mag pug and the guide rod)

Jeff, I'd be interested in the guide rod and magazine plug. I'd suggest you sell them separately since some of us will buy several magazines.

Thank you for taking on this project.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm still interested in the plugs.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:58:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Ive shot 250 rounds with the conversion kit so far. All 100% thus far.No signs of wear yet. Still very tight.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#25]
I just got my conversion (YAY) and noticed that the magazine barely seats, is this normal. It does not "click" once seated and you have to tug it to tell whether it is seated or not.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Is it too early to ask if there are/will be extended & threaded barrels available for these conversion kits?  I'm contimplating suppressing a .22lr platform sometime in the next few months.

I'm leaning towards a new Mosquito over a P22.  But if I could convert my P226, that just might work for me.

Rob
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Is it too early to ask if there are/will be extended & threaded barrels available for these conversion kits?  I'm contimplating suppressing a .22lr platform sometime in the next few months.

I'm leaning towards a new Mosquito over a P22.  But if I could convert my P226, that just might work for me.

Rob

I am pretty sure there are already people out there who can thread the barrel that comes on it just like they do with the AA glock conversions
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:08:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I got mine from AR15.COM a couple of days ago. So far I have only been able to shoot it in my garage on my 7 yd. mini range. So far I have put Federal bulk stuff, CCI mini mag, Federal Eagle and I don't remember what else to break it in. All worked fine. I then tried Federal Gold Medal Match 711B. It worked fine and seems to be pretty accurate, but I won't know for sure until I get to the range.

Firing pin is a little long. I have dinged the barrel dry firing it. I ironed out the chamber damage with Brownell's tool.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:44:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Dry firing is a NO NO with rimfires.

Quoted:
I got mine from AR15.COM a couple of days ago. So far I have only been able to shoot it in my garage on my 7 yd. mini range. So far I have put Federal bulk stuff, CCI mini mag, Federal Eagle and I don't remember what else to break it in. All worked fine. I then tried Federal Gold Medal Match 711B. It worked fine and seems to be pretty accurate, but I won't know for sure until I get to the range.

Firing pin is a little long. I have dinged the barrel dry firing it. I ironed out the chamber damage with Brownell's tool.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 8:25:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

That is not always the case.
Ruger says it is fine to dry fire all of their pistols and rifles including the rimfire guns.

My 10/22 has been dry fired hundreds of times
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Does the 226 kit work with the Sig X-five Tactical or Comp frames?

Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Just got my kit. First thing I noticed was how much lighter the gun is now. Before the gun was top heavy, now changed the feel of the gun almost feels like a plastic gun to me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#36]
The .22 conversion on my stainless 226 weighs 32.6 oz. The mag weighs 2.2 oz. With the 9mm barrel and slide, it weighs 37.75 oz. and 3.45 oz., so the .22 on an aluminum frame should be a seriously light 25 oz or so.

I just put a few hundred rounds through mine yesterday and it worked fine. It seems to be very nicely accurate.
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
been able to shoot it in my garage on my 7 yd. mini range

Wait, you have a range in your garage?    

And with regular ammo, not CB caps or something?  
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 3:32:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem is, if you miscount, your last shot is a click. I pulled the roll pin that holds the firing pin and ground off about .003" from the tip of the firing pin. Now it just clears the barrel. If I miscount, I don't get a damaged barrel.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem is, if you miscount, your last shot is a click. I pulled the roll pin that holds the firing pin and ground off about .003" from the tip of the firing pin. Now it just clears the barrel. If I miscount, I don't get a damaged barrel.

I did the exact same thing except I took off .006". I still had to file the burr left inside the chamber, the damage was done. I'll get into a more detailed report later when I have time.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 4:12:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
been able to shoot it in my garage on my 7 yd. mini range

Wait, you have a range in your garage?    

And with regular ammo, not CB caps or something?  

The range is in the form of one of the inexpensive bullet traps. Works for .22s. Generates lead dust. You need to be careful with ventilation. I have the bullet trap in a larger box to catch the back splatter from the trap. Cuts down on the mess.
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does anyone know if this will fit my P228 yet?  I'd like to get one to practice with what I carry.
the 229 kit will fit the 228. that ia what I was told by my Sig rep yesterday at  the shop.

Having been one of the first to have asked about the compatibility, I missed this response.  This is the best news since sliced bread.
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 4:06:11 AM EDT
[#42]
I took my stainless 226 with the .22 conversion out last night. It worked just fine using Federal Gold Medal Match. It is very accurate. Nice combination.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top