Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's the reason why you shouldn't drop the slide on a "hot" chamber.  The extractor is forced over the rim of the case, instead of the rim being slid from underneath.  If you must drop the slide, do it with a cartridge in the magazine ready to be stripped and chambered, then top of the magazine.  ETA - this is a round from my GLOCK 20, I inspected all the others to make sure none others were like this.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait, wait, wait, everyone knows 1911s suck and all should be melted down to make raw materials for Glock production.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
With a 1911 it damages the fit between the hammer and the sear

Ah... good ol 100 year old technology.

Just what I need. A pistol that I have to tweak a lot to get to work fine, and then have to baby it to make sure it works.

Wow. DEFINITELY a gun I wanna bet my life on!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:38:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
With a 1911 it damages the fit between the hammer and the sear

Ah... good ol 100 year old technology.

Just what I need. A pistol that I have to tweak a lot to get to work fine, and then have to baby it to make sure it works.

Wow. DEFINITELY a gun I wanna bet my life on!

Snicker.  Eye roll.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The topic here is Release slide on an empty chamber, not 1911 vs. Glock or trans am or anything else.  If your trigger job is so touchy that you have to worry about your sear bouncing, maybe you should get a new gunsmith or stop messing with it yourself.  I shoot IPSC and steel challenge with a Neil Keller Kustom Ballistics Caspian with the best trigger I have ever felt.  After every stage, I hear the command slide down, hammer down, holster.  Never have I dropped the slide slowly or seen anyone else who was worth a shit drop it easy.  Before I had the Caspian, I shot a Glock 35 and Springfield armory trophy match.  I will not ever hesitate to drop the slide.  I might slip and fall when I get into the shower, but that doesn’t stop me from showering everyday.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top