Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
As others have said, you carry it and don't even know it's there.  It's the only gun I know that I can carry when wearing gym shorts.  When my attire allows I carry something bigger, but I can carry this thing just about anywhere, anytime.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I just came back from the range.
I shot 1 box of blazer brass with out a hitch.
I bought it last weekend and finaly got to shoot it.
I like it
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have my LCP and a SIG 238. I prefer shooting the 238 but seem to carry the LCP most of the time. I am using the Kel tec pocket clip on it.
wouldnt give up either one. LOVE them both, if I had a pocket clip for he SIG it would go EVERYWHERE.
Also own the S&W Bodyguard but havent had an opportunity to shoot it yet. Info to folllow
Link Posted: 9/26/2010 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I finally checked out the little ruger and it sure looks good. Very small and lightweight and although the 380 isn't a major stopper, I am looking at it to replace my taurus PT-22 so would be a nice step up from that. The little taurus has been 100% reliable for me in over 1k rounds and is plenty accurate easily shooting 4-6" groups at 50 feet. If the ruger can do the same accuracy, I see no reason not to upgrade to a 380.
Link Posted: 9/29/2010 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I just picked one up over the weekend. The compact size is good and bad. Got a decent kick due to size, but deff a ton easier to carry.
I went out for a little on sunday and didnt get a pocket holster or anything yet.
I put it in the "watch pocket" as some would call in my jeans and honestly forgot it was there. Did a few practice pulls in the house and pulled easy and sat deep enuff in the pocket that it covered the trigger well and still allowed me to keep my other stuff in other pockets.

Might not be the best bet to carry like that, but I dont see too much of an issue at this time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2010 7:44:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sorry, I only have one:

You are in the back of the convenience store when you hear a gunshot.  Some Asshats walked in and shot the clerk.  One asshat says to the other...... let's kill everybody.

Your thoughts when you have that little poodle shooter:.......I wish I had a gun with me!!!

If you are going to carry a gun for self defense, then carry a fighting pistol, ie Hi cap 9mm, 40, 10mm, or .45.  

On duty I carry a Glock 22 or 23 with a Glock 23 as my back-up.  It just makes sense.

Caliber & mag size is no substitute for shot placement.   Regardless of what you carry, LEARN TO SHOOT IT WELL! TRAIN, TRAIN and TRAIN some more.   Make your training as real as possible.  Less than 20% of rounds fired in a gun fight actually hit the intended target.  Even less than that are fatal shots and even fewer are instant stoppers.  This ain't TV folks.  Its not easy to hit a moving target thats shooting back at you!  Throw in cover, innocent bystanders, stress and a 1000 other factors and all of a sudden the caliber of your weapon is the least of your worries!  Making the few shots you might possibly get at the bad guy count is VERY important!

Ya, .45 makes a big hole and has one of the highest 1st stop shot ratio's, .357 Mag is right up there also but remember that 20% number! 1st stop shot is irrelevant in 80% of the shots fired because they missed the mark.  

Hell in a perfect world I'd have my AR in .308 tricked out for CQC and be ready to rock & roll, but this is real life and its not always practical to carry a large weapon.  Now if you lived in Israel you could get away with carrying your rifle with you at all times.
Link Posted: 10/1/2010 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered one today from Bud's Gun Shop......can't wait until it gets here.....!!!!

ETA:

I had an NAA .380 Guardian that I used as a BUG. I thought it was a great pocket pistol and carried it for several years without a hitch. Being that it was all stainless, it was very solid, but that also made it a bit butt heavy when loaded.....this caused it to want to rotate downwards, so a good holster to pocket fit was a must. It worked perfectly in a rear pocket rig in my levis.

A buddy of mine has an LCP that I got to handle and I was sold right there. I just picked up two factory mags with the finger rests yesterday for $21.95 each. Now I need to get a DeSantis Nemesis holster.

Still waiting on the gun though.....!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Just started carrying mine. I really like it a lot. It's much more convenient than my XD 9 Subcompact (which I love).

Seems to be a really good purchase, so far.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
380 in pocket better than .45 in car...

BIG +1
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry, I only have one:

You are in the back of the convenience store when you hear a gunshot.  Some Asshats walked in and shot the clerk.  One asshat says to the other...... let's kill everybody.

Your thoughts when you have that little poodle shooter:.......I wish I had a gun with me!!!

If you are going to carry a gun for self defense, then carry a fighting pistol, ie Hi cap 9mm, 40, 10mm, or .45.  

On duty I carry a Glock 22 or 23 with a Glock 23 as my back-up.  It just makes sense.

Caliber & mag size is no substitute for shot placement.   Regardless of what you carry, LEARN TO SHOOT IT WELL! TRAIN, TRAIN and TRAIN some more.   Make your training as real as possible.  Less than 20% of rounds fired in a gun fight actually hit the intended target.  Even less than that are fatal shots and even fewer are instant stoppers.  This ain't TV folks.  Its not easy to hit a moving target thats shooting back at you!  Throw in cover, innocent bystanders, stress and a 1000 other factors and all of a sudden the caliber of your weapon is the least of your worries!  Making the few shots you might possibly get at the bad guy count is VERY important!

Ya, .45 makes a big hole and has one of the highest 1st stop shot ratio's, .357 Mag is right up there also but remember that 20% number! 1st stop shot is irrelevant in 80% of the shots fired because they missed the mark.  

Hell in a perfect world I'd have my AR in .308 tricked out for CQC and be ready to rock & roll, but this is real life and its not always practical to carry a large weapon. Now if you lived in Israel you could get away with carrying your rifle with you at all times.

Link Posted: 10/15/2010 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Picked up mine yesterday and put 100 rounds of Winchester 95 grain SXT's through it without a hitch! I packed it today as a BUG (To my Sig P220R).....I like the way the LCP seems to just disappear when you throw it in your pocket. I am using a borrowed back pocket rig that a buddy of mine uses for his P3AT and it works great so far....!
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 3:04:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I picked up one for the wife a couple of months ago after having a Taurus 709 Slim that was a POS. It is amazing how the LCP simply disappears when carrying, even with shorts and a t-shirt. We have fed about 500 rounds through it without an issue, and the dinky LCP is amazingly accurate for it's size.

The only thing that pisses me off about our LCP is that it is the wife's, and not mine! Seriously, we love the gun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 3:42:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Just started carrying mine. I really like it a lot. It's much more convenient than my XD 9 Subcompact (which I love).

Seems to be a really good purchase, so far.

so, I have been carrying my LCP for a couple of weeks now, and I have a few good things to say about it.

I love how easy it is to grab it and go. It's much easier to run to the store real quick, drop the LCP in my pocket (in a pocket holster, you'll forget you have it with you!). It's a lot better peace of mind knowing you have a CCW you can take with you on a moments notice, instead of having to hassle with something larger and an IWB holster.

I love my LCP!

Link Posted: 10/23/2010 7:05:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I live in a cold climate.

for the summer the LCP is my choice.

in the winter, I carry my .38

Lets be logical here. Winter = sweater + heavy winter coat. I don't believe the .380 is going to do much. and my snub isn't really noticable when I also have layers of clothing on.

I'm not turning this into .380 vs the world thread. And a .380 is better then no pistol no doubt, but in the winter I leave the .380 in my safe.

Great little gun though
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#15]
BUFFALO BORE AMMO!!! 95gr/1125fps/267 ft/lbs! not bad, modern ammo/bullet design make the 380 a much more viable option than in the past. also, get the crimson trace laser guard.
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I live in a cold climate.

for the summer the LCP is my choice.

in the winter, I carry my .38

Lets be logical here. Winter = sweater + heavy winter coat. I don't believe the .380 is going to do much. and my snub isn't really noticable when I also have layers of clothing on.

I'm not turning this into .380 vs the world thread. And a .380 is better then no pistol no doubt, but in the winter I leave the .380 in my safe.

Great little gun though

My thoughts exactly.  I bought a new S&W 642 thursday for the same reason, but I love my LCP for carrying in my shorts.

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#17]
wife just got one to carry - she has small hands and wanted something light to carry

long trigger pull but it's not too heavy - toughest thing I can see so far playing with it for a bit - the slide lock is REAL tough to use (at least out of the box - it may get easier with use)

it's small, pretty far back on the frame and it's pretty tough to push up....  other than that - yes it's a .380...but the .380 you have is way better than the .45 you left at home

she's happy with it - we're gonna get to the range this week and do some drills for her - my everyday carry is a Glock 23 and this is a bit small in my hands but I can definitely see times I'd like to carry this instead.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 2:26:00 AM EDT
[#18]
slide lock def gets easier to operate with use
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:06:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

slide lock def gets easier to operate with use

good - I'd figure it would...

time to go shoot I guess
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Yea the slide lock is hard. Can't wait for mine to loosen up.figured my girl would like this better but she enjoys my p239 more. Go figure lol.
I enjoy shooting this thing tho. I want to get a ct too
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 4:22:59 AM EDT
[#21]
after 2 range sessions mine was easier to use. Maybe I just got used to it. great little pistol
Link Posted: 11/7/2010 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, I only have one:

With this logic, why not just go everywhere with an AR15?  Here's the rest of the story––You pull your LCP out, duck down and sneak around the potato chip display, busting two rounds into the guy who just shot the clerk.  He falls, in shock, and coughs up a pint of blood as one of his lungs and his heart have been turned to jello from the hydro-shock from the two Hornady Critical Defense rounds that have mushroomed and made a mess as they entered his chest.  Meanwhile, the other asshat has taken off, fearing for his cowardly and worthless life.  A big-boobed blonde that was also in the back of the store offers you her body in appreciation for saving her life.  

LOL...excellent

Link Posted: 11/7/2010 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Well I bought one today.  Won't have it for a few days.  I will report on it when it goes to the range...but I like it because it is so damn small.
Link Posted: 11/24/2010 7:13:38 AM EDT
[#24]
So here is my range report...very accurate and reliable...but beat the crap outta my arthritic hands.  So I traded it on the LCR...much better...LOL
Link Posted: 11/24/2010 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't know where the "low recoil" thing came from –– the LCP is NOT an easy gun to shoot. It is a great gun for when you can't carry your real gun. It's also probably the best of any of the pocket autos.

Yes, .380 is "marginal," but it's because of penetration issues. Stick with FMJ and you're better off in that regard. But it's by far the least important factor in whether or not the gun will work for you as a defensive tool.

And the guy talking about the Hornady Critical Defense and its "hydro-shock" turning heart and lungs to jelly –– sorry bud, that ain't gonna happen even with a .45. All you can do with ANY fighting handgun is poke holes.

What is FAR more critical with any pistol is shot placement ––  and the LCP is a VERY difficult gun to score hits with.  

And I love the "good enough to get you out of a bad situation/room" comments –– so you're saying that if you had a bigger gun, you'd stay and shoot it out? Getting you out of a bad situation is what ANY carry gun is for, and it very well might include stopping a bad guy. How you approach or deal with a situation shouldn't be determined by how big your gun is.

This is a faulty logic for carrying a gun, and deserves more thought.

We all make trade-offs about the gun we carry. Obviously, a bigger gun is always better, mainly because it's easier to hit bad guys with, and can give you more chances to do so without reloading. The LCP is one of the worst guns out there in that regard, but it's one of the best in terms of hiding it on your person. Find your own middle ground and train. That is the bottom line.
Link Posted: 11/24/2010 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok, since you brought up logic.  

"How you approach or deal with a situation shouldn't be determined by how big your gun is."

While I agree with much of what you said in your post, I disagree with this,and think its potentially a factor in many possible situations.
Link Posted: 11/24/2010 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ok, since you brought up logic.  

"How you approach or deal with a situation shouldn't be determined by how big your gun is."

While I agree with much of what you said in your post, I disagree with this,and think its potentially a factor in many possible situations.

You're right –– it's an overly-general statement. Or, really, an overly-specific statement. My point has to do with the idea of facing, say, a crowd of four or five goblins, and deciding to run or shoot based on whether you're carrying an LCP or a Glock 17. If you can run, you run; if you have to shoot, you shoot. You should not decide to stay for the fight just because you have a Glock 17 instead of an LCP.

If you worry about having to face that situation and that you might need to shoot, and that your LCP might not be enough, well, then, perhaps you need to rethink what you carry.
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry, I only have one:

With this logic, why not just go everywhere with an AR15?  Here's the rest of the story––You pull your LCP out, duck down and sneak around the potato chip display, busting two rounds into the guy who just shot the clerk.  He falls, in shock, and coughs up a pint of blood as one of his lungs and his heart have been turned to jello from the hydro-shock from the two Hornady Critical Defense rounds that have mushroomed and made a mess as they entered his chest.  Meanwhile, the other asshat has taken off, fearing for his cowardly and worthless life.  A big-boobed blonde that was also in the back of the store offers you her body in appreciation for saving her life.  

This is how it goes they bust in blasting you reach in and realize you have a lcp you sneak around and place two shots center mass they realize you shot them with 380 they laugh so hard they choke and can't breath then drop dead then the 400 lb lady from the frozen food section offers her and her twin as a thank you offering.
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry, I only have one:

This is how it goes they bust in blasting you reach in and realize you have a lcp you sneak around and place two shots center mass they realize you shot them with 380 they laugh so hard they choke and can't breath then drop dead then the 400 lb lady from the frozen food section offers her and her twin as a thank you offering.

Well, if you are into fat chicks, then mission accomplished!

Link Posted: 12/6/2010 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#30]
You'll never wish you had a smaller gun if you have to use it...
Link Posted: 12/10/2010 6:07:13 AM EDT
[#31]
LCP fills a niche.  Most people I know that have them only carry them when other pistols are impractical.  I generally carry a G23 off duty.  On duty I carry my issued Sig 229 with my G26 in an ankle holster as backup.  If I am wearing a suit and know I will be taking the jacket off and still need to be concealed, I just carry the G26.  There are times, however, when the way I am dressed makes carrying any of the three impractical because they are just too big and heavy.  It is nice to know I can take the LCP and put it in a wallet holster and have it in my back pocket or a cargo pocket in my shorts.  Is .380 ideal?  No, far from it.  That said, I would rather have the Elsie Pea on me than no gun at all.  It is just one more alternative to have rather than not carrying at all.  I bought mine a year ago and have carried it only twice - it is seldom used, but at least I have the option.

Parting thought, for those who think that .380 is incapable of penetrating human tissue or critically wounding/killing a person, please have your buddy double tap your chest and post up pics.  No takers?  Yeah, that's what I thought.
Link Posted: 12/10/2010 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry, I only have one:

Well don't just stop there and leave us hanging!
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 10:00:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Back to the original question:

Pro:
- It's small
- It's lightweight
- It can be concealed in a pair of swim trunks
- All of the above means you're more likely to have it on hand than a larger gun

Con:
- It's a handful to shoot
- Sights suck ass
- Trigger sucks ass

Conclusion:
- Save a little more cash and get a SIG P238
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#35]
The wife liked mine so much I bought her one.  I've been able to hit a Winchester rifle zero target at 50yds with it.  (OK, I was bored.)

Pros:
      Easy to carry.

Cons:
       Sights suck.
       Slide doesn't lock on last round
       Ammo is pricey

Link Posted: 3/8/2011 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry, I only have one:

That's it! I am going to buy a LCP.  Wait, I am going to buy TWO LCPs (I love to have two big-boobed blondes).

Yg
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sorry, I only have one:

If i am in the back of the store, i am going to be looking for an exit, even if i am carrying a howitzer.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#38]
I just picked one up.

Pro:  It was free (I had a gift card).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top