User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:10:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not bragging or trying to take credit, but I lobbied my ass off for months for a dedicated 1911 forum (just ask SGB).  This has turned out GREAT. Thank you to the Mods, Site Staff and Owner for making this a reality. I love it!

and we arent done yet, I have some things in the works for you guys if I can just get things together at the same time

THANK YOU!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Damn that is beautiful ,

and because I have no clue, what does a gun like this usually cost?

4K+
Worth every penny and then some.
Luckily I saved my pennies.

When it elicits a comment like this from Chuck Rogers I know I did well:
"Simple.....yet elegant!
That is one of THE MOST HANDSOME 1911's I have ever seen!!!!"

This is intended to be an heirloom Colt to be passed down from father to son. I just wish my father was still around to shoot it with me. I think about him almost every day,
the kindest most gentle man you could ever hope to meet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump for more opinions. I haven't been this excited since I bought my first 'Vette
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bump for more opinions. I haven't been this excited since I bought my first 'Vette

Genteel.  Smooth. Clean. Sweet.  and......absolutely Classy.  PERIOD.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I love they way(style) they undercut the trigger/grip area for the high hand hold. Functional and beautiful.

They must have spent a lot of time straighting the "lines" of that gun...beautiful again.
My "stock" Colt's look like a "drunken sailor" was on the machine.

Congrats!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Spoke to Ted Yost and Lew Bonitz today. Ted said he enjoyed the Shot Show, Lew said he regrettably didn't attend due to a cold/flu. Great news is Ted told me that my Signature Series 80 Colt that was displayed at the show will ship next week.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I got to hold your gun at the SHOT Show.  I really didn't want to give it back, and almost made a break for the door with it.  Well not really but I wanted too!!  After seeing your gun in person, I will have a two-tone in the works in the near future.

I have a Yost  Signature Commander on order, and it too will be worth every penny.  These are the type of guns that are built to last a life time, and I hope someday when I have grandkids, one of them will have it.

Again, I loved your gun, and so will you!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
This is one of the nicest 1911 I've seen yet. That is hard to say. I have seen great works of metal through these forums.

Esmeralda make the most eye appealling grips in the world. Good Job Ted, Jason, and Doc enjoy this work of art.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Very nice...what's a piece like that run?

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow, that is beautiful, Doc.

I'm eagerly anticipating the range report for this one!  From the look of things, I anticipate it to be stellar.

Cheers,

kk7sm
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Very nice...what's a piece like that run?

Too much cash for me and Burton says they can't take kidneys.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hey Doc -

Ted and I had a chance to shoot some groups for ya' the other day, hope ya' like 'em...

www.louderthanwords.us/mediumfoto/picts/ulfls/2301106/19585086031.jpg

www.louderthanwords.us/mediumfoto/picts/ulfls/2301106/19585086032.jpg

www.louderthanwords.us/mediumfoto/picts/ulfls/2301106/19585086123.jpg

www.louderthanwords.us/mediumfoto/picts/ulfls/2301106/19585086134.jpg

Thanks guys, outstanding! Nice talking to you today Jason.

It barely looks like I could fit a single hair between the top of the beavertail and the frame.
I just love precision work like that. Next Wednesday can't come soon enough!

Regards,
Arthur
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Simple.....yet elegant!
That is one of THE MOST HANDSOME 1911's I have ever seen!!!!

I agree ! Less is more ! Great gun !
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#15]
http://usualsuspect.net/forums/images/smilies/new/hiclap.gif
WOW!!!!!!
Those guys at Yobo's can shoot them ALMOSTas well as they build them!
Doc, if I was you..............http://usualsuspect.net/forums/images/smilies/rave.gif
I'd schedule a few days off of work just to cuddle with that beauty.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
usualsuspect.net/forums/images/smilies/new/hiclap.gif
WOW!!!!!!
Those guys at Yobo's can shoot them ALMOSTas well as they build them!
Doc, if I was you..............usualsuspect.net/forums/images/smilies/rave.gif
I'd schedule a few days off of work just to cuddle with that beauty.

Thanks Chuck, again that means A LOT coming from you. Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Arthur
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Picked up Thursday as promised. ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!!! I just wish this wasn't "clouded" by my mother's death last Monday which was unfortunately expected, but in her health I believe was for the best. Say a prayer if you will. Thank you.

Doc
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Doc that is one damn fine handgun...I have just recently discovered Yost..I have one of the Retro rear sights..

That is, IMO, what a carry 1911 should look like....2 tone!

Awesome sidearm
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#19]
To quote Chuck Rodgers:
Simple.....yet elegant!
That is one of THE MOST HANDSOME 1911's I have ever seen!!!!

I feel I'm being redundant, but holy mackeral! Looks great beautiful, feels "smooth" (not quantifiable), shooting it is "unreal". THANK YOU JASON & TED!! I have more than a dozen high quality 1911s including a pair of 1* Elites and this pistol is just........

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Doc-  you are looking for Bump for more opinions

I really don't like you (that's not true---I'm just jealous).  Every time I see one of your fine guns it reminds me that I have 4 guns in AZ waiting to turn out like one of your guns.  Patience may be a virtue, but it is hard waiting.  I'm sure it will be worth it.  Hey Jason, when you see this ask Ted when he is going to start working on my guns.   It's ok--I've been doing this long enough to know that  custom guns are worth the wait.  Well, the wait is good for other smiths.  I just ordered a SA Professional in 10mm to go with the 10mm Ted is building for me.  I just keep telling myself that good things come to those who wait.  I just hope they don't all come at the same time---my wife will leave me, or try and steal my guns

have fun
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top