Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 52
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#1]
So, just got this yesterday. Just to double check, I just need another OPF-G, same ice as my 19s, it just won’t hand over the sides of the slide?

Also, I can use the GL-429s with the RMR on the 20 as well?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
OPF-G, RMR will be flush with the slide, whereas on 1" slides like 17, 19, 45, and 47, there's a slight overhang.

The front 2 corners don't match with the wider slide as the plate is contoured for 1" wide slides, but it's cosmetics.

Attachment Attached File

Yes you can use GL-429 with RMR.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OPF-G, RMR will be flush with the slide, whereas on 1" slides like 17, 19, 45, and 47, there's a slight overhang.

The front 2 corners don't match with the wider slide as the plate is contoured for 1" wide slides, but it's cosmetics.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/01F17F8A-AFC6-4EBD-BE29-0C363B50C4E0_jpe-2688424.JPG

Yes you can use GL-429 with RMR.
View Quote

Roger,
I know it's only cosmetic, but if you ever change the milling dimensions to match the contours of the larger guns, you'll sell a lot of plates.  You are THE go to plate system.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
The existing design works on both 1" and 1.12" slides.  While the wider 1.12" plate, if we made one, would only be suitable on Glocks with the wide slide, we can do it but it'll add another layer of logistics and potential for mistakes.  It'll work on 1" slides, but it'd be far less pleasant than the gap the current plate creates on a 1.12" wide slide.

When folks get the plates second hand, it may not be disclosed it's for one or the other, then we'll be on the hook to exchange it.

Since functionally there is no difference, we're reluctant to make this change with unintended consequences that come with it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, a few things showed up today and it feels like Christmas all over again. Thanks @Duffy

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241166/20230114_164845_jpg-2672233.JPG
View Quote

Wait, did you get all that swag with your order? I feel unloved...
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Have to mention arfcom
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#7]
So I’m new to the MOS game. While tempted to have the slide milled, I decided to sell my 19 to a friend and just bought a 19/mos.  My question is this.  I plan to buy an aimpoint P2 for it, but wondering why I can’t use the provided glock plate? I’m ok with buying once and crying once… just don’t know what I’m missing.

(For reference this will be paired with a rifle with a scalarworks t2 combo- so I want a quality setup.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#8]
My G47 didn't come with the 4 plates my G45 did, it came with 1 plate and it looks like an RMR plate.

ACRO P1/P2 and MPS in our experience are great optics, they're not forgiving of plates made with poor tolerances, or dimensions that don't follow ACRO TDP.  Tangodown/FCD plates are well regarded, but I suggest you contact Aimpoint and Steiner and ask them what they recommend

We're developing more ACRO plates.  Next up: Staccato ACRO plates, maybe FN509/510/545 ACRO plates.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So I’m new to the MOS game. While tempted to have the slide milled, I decided to sell my 19 to a friend and just bought a 19/mos.  My question is this.  I plan to buy an aimpoint P2 for it, but wondering why I can’t use the provided glock plate? I’m ok with buying once and crying once… just don’t know what I’m missing.

(For reference this will be paired with a rifle with a scalarworks t2 combo- so I want a quality setup.
View Quote

As a buy once cry once guy myself.  Buy the FCD plate and know you are doing the right thing.  I work LE and our department does not allow RDS yet for duty guns.  WE can choose from 17, 19, 19X, 45 and 34.  My partner is the only one in our department that carries a 34 and he has a DPP on his off duty/competition gun.  He was shooting a match a few months ago and using an MOS plate.  Middle of the match the screws sheered off due to the MOS plates known issues and his DPP went flying.  Then he had to go get the broken screw drilled out with a drill press.  

Get the FCD
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's an MOS plate for you.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When folks get the plates second hand, it may not be disclosed it's for one or the other, then we'll be on the hook to exchange it.

Since functionally there is no difference, we're reluctant to make this change with unintended consequences that come with it.
View Quote

Do you swap second-hand OPF-PDP plates for new OPF-G RMR plates because the seller misrepresented what he had?

If all I cared about was functionality and didn't give a squat about clean lines, I'd just use the Glock plates.  They work well enough.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do you swap second-hand OPF-PDP plates for new OPF-G RMR plates because the seller misrepresented what he had?

If all I cared about was functionality and didn't give a squat about clean lines, I'd just use the Glock plates.  They work well enough.
View Quote

Until they don't.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got the FCD plate.  Seems solid.  One screw was definitely harder to turn in than the other, I even backed all the way out and tried again.  

Will shoot it (gen 5 G17) this weekend.  I think it'll work fine.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/14/2023 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#14]
PDP and Glock RMR plates are not interchangeable, we warranty our plates for the life of the product.  We do exchange them when customers order the wrong plates.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#15]
New pistol, new FCD plate, new RMR.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Got another plate and this time got the swag. The duck is awesome! I collect miniature ducks so this was a fine addition to the flock.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:32:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Here is a couple of Duffy Acro plates. Nice tight fit. Just got my wheeler sight pusher tool, so adding the 429's tomorrow, with vibra tite and final assembly. L=19.5 R=47.5
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Duffy/Roger, I know your busy and probably have a ton of other projects your working on and a bunch more in the works… but there desperately needs to be a mos to holosun eps/eps carry plate made with the quality that FCD puts out…the few that are out there that I’ve tried, are very lacking when compared to the FCD mos/rmr plate I have.

I’m very tempted to get one of your DDP plates and grind the back posts off…but would have to dremel up such a nice plate…

And yeah, yeah hate on holosun, but the eps is a killer optic, and I still run rmrs with FCD plates on my main squeezes
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:50:55 AM EDT
[#19]
We only support sights made in the US and allied countries.  Competent and honest companies will step up to fill the vacuum in time if the demand persists, it just won't be us.

We're working ACRO plates for Staccato, Romeo2 plates for Glock, ACRO plates for FN 509/510, RMR plates for SW M2.0, all from LE and MIL requests.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We only support sights made in the US and allied countries.  Competent and honest companies will step up to fill the vacuum in time if the demand persists, it just won't be us.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We're working ACRO plates for Staccato, Romeo2 plates for Glock, ACRO plates for FN 509/510, RMR plates for SW M2.0, all from LE and MIL requests.
View Quote

I totally respect that Duffy, and while I just asked for a plate to a non U.S. sight, I stand behind you in that statement as well.  I’m sure I’m not alone when I say I appreciate the work you have done already, with the plates/accessories you offer.  FCD is the best mos/rmr plate, period!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Thank you guys for understanding.  

We have our reasons, some of which I won't discuss publicly, the one I can state is that we're an American company, we choose to support other US companies, and companies from allied countries. We're a tiny company with little to no influence to wield.  I don't expect others to understand or follow.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I just bought a plate from FCD, because of this thread.  Put it on my G45 MOS yesterday.  Fit perfect with only a small amount of pressure to get the RMR in the plate yet fits snug.  I’m still waiting on the Glock Performance Trigger from GlockStore before I go re-zero but I’m wondering if the trigger is going to be vaporware.  Went ahead and installed the Glock extended slide stop and magazine release.

Tango Down sells a really good tool for getting under the mag release spring to release it and clip it back in the mag release without scratching up the mag well.  GMRT-01 is the part number and Brownelled sells it.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Posted it on our site under FAQ.

An often asked question is if our OPF-G (Optics Platform FCD, Glock) plates, designed and made for 9mm 1" slides work on wider slides, such as G20, G21 and G22.  The short answer is OPF-G, RMR, OPF-G, RMRcc, OPF-G, DPP, OPF-G, EFLX, and OPF-G, ACRO all work with the wider G20 and G21 (1.12") and G22 (1.08") wide slides.

All but OPF-G, RMR will leave a slight gap on both sides of the plate.  This gap is cosmetic only, it's either we have a "step" between the plate and slide, or a step between the sight and plate if we made the plates wider.  A wider plate to accommodate the wider slide will not do a thing better.

OPF-G, RMR is wider, as RMR and SRO are wider than RMRcc, DPP, EFLX and ACRO.  OPF-G, RMR does not leave a gap between the plate and slide, but the front two corners contour was made for 1" 9mm slides, the contour doesn't match the corners of wider slides.

We have no plans to make wider plates for these models with slightly wider slides, as it'd only be cosmetic.  Wider plates for specific models can confuse customers, and will complicate logistics for us and our dealers.

Below pictures illustrate how OPF-G, RMR,, OPF-G, DPP, OPF-G, EFLX, and OPF-G, ACRO look on a G20 (1.12" wide) slide.

OPF-G, RMR
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

OPF-G, DPP and EFLX
Attachment Attached File

OPF-G, DPP
Attachment Attached File

OPF-G, EFLX
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bought a G17 Gen 5 MOS, tried to use one of the included plates and as I tightened down the screws one side of the plate would lift up off the slide. Wonkiest shit I ever saw, would have thought it was a pot metal airsoft plate but it came with the gun, with Glock markings all over the package. Promptly threw that crap in the trash, did some googling and then ordered a FCD plate and never looked back.

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 11:58:30 PM EDT
[#28]
So ah, I didn't use Loctite or Rocksett or anything. What's everyone using, as I probably need to get that done soon.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I bought a G17 Gen 5 MOS, tried to use one of the included plates and as I tightened down the screws one side of the plate would lift up off the slide. Wonkiest shit I ever saw, would have thought it was a pot metal airsoft plate but it came with the gun, with Glock markings all over the package. Promptly threw that crap in the trash, did some googling and then ordered a FCD plate and never looked back.

View Quote

You were using incorrect and too long of mounting screws for the red dot.  They went all the way through the plate and were pushing against the slide which was causing the bend.  Common issue since people think the screws Glock includes with plates are correct for every dot, but they aren’t.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Check out the MOS plate on this SF 19.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#31]
We include a packet of Vibratite VC3 with OPF-G, RMR, it's what we'd like to use.

Re: screws 6-32x3/8 is the RMR sight to plate screws spec.  Ours are T10, McMaster has T15 (same thread pitch and length, but with T15 drive instead of T10) McMaster

For H users, do not use our sight to plate screws, they'd be too long for H sights.  H sights use a curious combination of metric pattern countersink and inch pattern threads.  RMR and SRO countersink angle is 82 degrees, H sights have theirs at 90 degrees.

Mods please remove link if necessary, it's a link to a FAQ on our site.
Holosun vs RMR sight to plate screws
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You were using incorrect and too long of mounting screws for the red dot.  They went all the way through the plate and were pushing against the slide which was causing the bend.  Common issue since people think the screws Glock includes with plates are correct for every dot, but they aren’t.
View Quote

Negative, just screwing the plate onto the slide made one end of the plate raise up off the slide.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Just ordered another plate from FCD as I’m trying a Steiner this time.

I’ve seen conflicting opinions as to whether the Steiner MPS needs suppressor height sights. Any idea one way of the other?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#34]
With a Glock, sight sets with 0.315" front will work with MPS.

I created this from a G43 frame and G43X MOS slide, with OPF-G43X, RMRcc and BIS, G43X (backup sights), the intention is to bring it to TTPOA and have some fun showing it to the SWAT guys, I had no idea it would feel and handle so well

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks Duffy!
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#36]
You know what's funny, all over the internets people get all self-righteous about how they hate the MOS because the "red dot is too high" and must only have specially milled slides, because apparently when you are holding a pistol at arm's length that few extra millimeters throw everything off.  But when it comes to the 43x or 48, sitting a slightly smaller RMR up on top of the slide (via a plate, mind you) where it seemingly doubles the height of the pistol is totally A-OK.  I have no idea why this type of mindset exists.

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Some prefer their MRDS mounted as low as possible, some don't care.  I'm in the second group.  A slightly taller installed height in exchange for versatility is more than a favorite tradeoff, to me it's a no brainer.  But folks have choices, as long as they know choices can have unintended consequences down the road.

MOS offers modularity a milled slide doesn't, when other US manufacturers introduce their enclosed emitter sights, this modularity allows folks to switch to these optics as long as there are competent plates made for them.  We already make all of them
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Sig is now making plates to adapt Sig optics to Glock MOS pistols.  

Pricing isn’t bad either…
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link?  Our P320 RMR plate will be out, just waiting for the custom screws.  We're not making a DPP to RMR adapter plate though.  DPP has 4 lugs, Romeo1 and Romeo2 both have just the rear lugs, their plate will have to have just the rear lugs in order to work with DPP,  but it'll be missing the support of 2 front lugs.

P365X Macro RMRcc plate is the last plate we'll do for SIG pistols, I'd happily skip it but for a large PD request.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Ok it's the same one I saw, the page is jam packed with info lol
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Couldn’t find much info on being running a SRO with this plate. For a lower 1/4 or 1/5 what height sights do i need. Is a .395 or so to low?
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Link?  Our P320 RMR plate will be out, just waiting for the custom screws.  We're not making a DPP to RMR adapter plate though.  DPP has 4 lugs, Romeo1 and Romeo2 both have just the rear lugs, their plate will have to have just the rear lugs in order to work with DPP,  but it'll be missing the support of 2 front lugs.

P365X Macro RMRcc plate is the last plate we'll do for SIG pistols, I'd happily skip it but for a large PD request.
View Quote

The new p320 plates are for the Sig Pro (R2) cut correct? I keep checking the site and havent seen them pop up yet, actually came to the thread to ask again
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#44]
@Duffy Are these what I need to mount an SRO to a OPF-G RMR plate?

RMR to MOS plate mounting screws
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Yes they are.  Do note we'll be transitioning to T15 screws as soon as we exhaust current T10 screws.  We stopped testing them after 24 in lb of torque without stripping.

Meanwhile...

OPF-S, ACRO
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#46]
The P320 RMR plate without the dovetail will be ready in a few weeks, we had to get custom screws for them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yes they are.  Do note we'll be transitioning to T15 screws as soon as we exhaust current T10 screws.  We stopped testing them after 24 in lb of torque without stripping.

Meanwhile...

OPF-S, ACRO
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/Untitled_png-2778722.JPG
View Quote

Roger,
Good thing you moved to TX, because that would have been impossible in Kalifornia!  
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd be looking at 10 years federal, and whatever else the liberal DA in LA would throw at me.  LE in LA and left run cities are not having it easy, as if their job weren't hard enough
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Roger,
Our Agency is in the process of replacing older gen 4 17s with G47 MOS guns, since Glock discontinued the gen 5 G17 MOS.  I have told them to look at FCD for the plate, which the decision makers will do.  IM/EM me for details on a quantity purchase.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Meanwhile...

OPF-S, ACRO
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/Untitled_png-2778722.JPG
View Quote

Thank you sir!

One more dumb question; are 6-32 x .385 too long for use with your plates?
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top