Link Posted: 10/21/2009 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
So In
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I need these mags!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
It is now the end of October.  Op was in April.  Is this fairy dust, or is something forthcoming?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Fairy tales can come true
they can happen to you    
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 12:32:09 AM EDT
[#5]
these would be great.  of course I'd first need the g19 kit I ordered back in april

what the hell is going on with advantage arms anyway?  why can't they get any g17 or g19 kits to the market?  pretty ridiculous imho.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 3:52:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is now the end of October.  Op was in April.  Is this fairy dust, or is something forthcoming?  

Well the truth is, an announcement from CCS claiming they have plans to make a high cap AA mag is more then we have from anybody else. As much as I'd like to have these yesterday, I'm willing to wait. What other choice do we have?
Quoted:
what the hell is going on with advantage arms anyway?  why can't they get any g17 or g19 kits to the market?  pretty ridiculous imho.

No doubt AA needs to ramp up the production but wait times seem to have as much to do with where you order it from as much as anything else. I ordered a kit last November from a board dealer here. 6 months later, still no kit but then I happen to stop by a local pawn shop\gun dealer who had one in stock. He told me he's had no problem getting the kits in and has been regularly getting them every couple of weeks. Since then I've been paying attention to his inventory every time I've gone in there and his claim seems to be true? I did ask him which distributor he orders them from but he wouldn't divulge that info.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:53:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm waiting for these to hit the market too.

I'd really like to get the G19 kit in that I ordered.  I placed two orders (at separate places) for two G19 kits.  One is still on order.  For the other, I had the place I ordered from offer me a G17 kit after a couple months on back order.  I took it, and then I had to buy a G17.    I'd like to get the other kit in so I can sell the G17 and the AA kit.  Until I get it in, I'm stuck with a gun that I don't use except as a .22 host.  It's the most expensive .22 I've ever bought.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well the truth is, an announcement from CCS claiming they have plans to make a high cap AA mag is more then we have from anybody else. As much as I'd like to have these yesterday, I'm willing to wait. What other choice do we have?
Quoted:

No doubt AA needs to ramp up the production but wait times seem to have as much to do with where you order it from as much as anything else. I ordered a kit last November from a board dealer here. 6 months later, still no kit but then I happen to stop by a local pawn shop\gun dealer who had one in stock. He told me he's had no problem getting the kits in and has been regularly getting them every couple of weeks. Since then I've been paying attention to his inventory every time I've gone in there and his claim seems to be true? I did ask him which distributor he orders them from but he wouldn't divulge that info.

where is this dealer, what is his price on an LE g19 model, does he do over the phone orders and shipping?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Fairy Dust"?  Not hardly. I wouldn't make an announcement like this if weren't 100% committed to delivering the finished product. Granted, I've had to push back the timetable, but a lot of progress has been made over the past few months. I will be posting a detailed update within the next several days. In the meantime, skeptics should be advised that Santa Claus is monitoring this thread and he's taking down names.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Dan

Just in case Santa is monitoring this thread, Santa, I have been a good boy this year, may I have the AA kit Ive been looking for for my G19 and some HiCap mags from CCS to go with it?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in for hi caps for my g17 and g19 kit!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Definitiely interested. I've always wanted a high cap .22 and hope this can come through.

Until then, I'll just have to get used to 10rd reloads.

At least with my 1911 kit, 10rds feels like cheating
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#13]
CCS,
Just a reminder but we need G20/21 mags sometime down the road please.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:55:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted: I will be posting a detailed update within the next several days.

Awesome!  I need to order mags for my AA kit, hope I'm able to wait to buy these
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Fairy Dust"?  Not hardly. I wouldn't make an announcement like this if weren't 100% committed to delivering the finished product. Granted, I've had to push back the timetable, but a lot of progress has been made over the past few months. I will be posting a detailed update within the next several days. In the meantime, skeptics should be advised that Santa Claus is monitoring this thread and he's taking down names.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Dan

Tagged.
Link Posted: 11/11/2009 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/11/2009 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#17]
This. is. awesome!

Link Posted: 11/11/2009 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/12/2009 3:57:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OK, here is the latest...

We have finished the design phase of the A.A./Glock .22LR hi-cap mag for the full size frame 17/22 conversion kit. We decided on a polymer mag design that is neither a single stack or a double stack, but more like a stack and-a-half design. This design will hold 20rds inside a mag body that has the same external dimensions as the full size A.A.17/22 10rd mag. This mag will also be compatible with the compact 19/23 kits and the sub-compact 26/27 kits. However, it will only be flush-fitting in the full size frame models, so I plan to offer two different size polymer mag sleeves that will act as grip extensions and cover the exposed space between the bottom of the 19/23 & 26/27 grip frames and the mag's floor plate. (We may do a slightly smaller flush-fitting hi-cap mag for the compact 19/23 kits that could also be used with the sub-compact 26/27 kits, but this wouldn't be until at least May or June, 2010.)

A handful of prototypes are being made in order to test this design. The first round of testing is being conducted in-house. Once I'm confident that the design has proven itself, we will begin constructing the tooling (molds, etc.) necessary for mass production of these mags. This should take about 6 to 8 weeks. As soon as the tooling is complete, we will do a sample production run of approx. 25 mags. These are the mags that will be used by the Arfcom volunteers for the second round of "open" beta testing. This testing will determine whether or not any more design tweaks will be required before we go into live production.

I'm sorry that I had to change the timetable for the open beta testing. But please don't worry, this project is alive and well. I will let you all know when I'm ready to choose beta testers.

Thanks again for your patience. I will post another update in this thread as soon as there are any new developments.

Dan

Awesome! Hopefully you still have my name on the list of potential Beta testers? I have the 17/22 kit and a couple of different frames to test it on and my shooting buddy and fellow board member "Hero" has the 19/23 kit so between the 2 of us, we can really test the hell out of these mags for you!
Link Posted: 11/12/2009 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Awesome! Hopefully you still have my name on the list of potential Beta testers? I have the 17/22 kit and a couple of different frames to test it on and my shooting buddy and fellow board member "Hero" has the 19/23 kit so between the 2 of us, we can really test the hell out of these mags for you!

Yes, we are at your testing disposal! Thanks for keeping this project alive.
Link Posted: 11/12/2009 5:28:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Hi CCS, just wanted to let you know I'm interested in beta testing....and I'm local too!  I'm really curious and excited to see how it turns out.
Link Posted: 11/13/2009 4:11:08 AM EDT
[#22]

20 rounds is awesome!    Let's do it to it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2009 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hi CCS, just wanted to let you know I'm interested in beta testing....and I'm local too!  I'm really curious and excited to see how it turns out.

I'd be perfect for testing too. I could test them in the Wisconsin winter, It's as cold as Canada
Link Posted: 11/13/2009 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Use the design principle of the Ruger10/22 mag and I bet you could get 20 plus rounds into a glock 17 size mag. Maybe I will try it.........
Link Posted: 11/14/2009 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/14/2009 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/14/2009 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Dan, FWIW, I am still patiently waiting and volunteered to be a beta tester.

[/ass kissing]

Link Posted: 11/16/2009 3:58:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be perfect for testing too. I could test them in the Wisconsin winter, It's as cold as Canada

Guys,

I appreciate your offers to assist with beta testing. However, I already have more beta test volunteers than I could possibly need. Nevertheless, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know which type(s) of A.A. kit(s) and Glock model(s) you have. I will add you to my e-mail contact list and let you know as soon as the mags are available for sale. As I mentioned before, the AR15.com members on my contact list will have the opportunity to purchase these mags before anyone else.

I'm in for a couple. Took about 3 months last year for my to get my kit direct from AA. Got the extra length bbl for suppressor use. Pain to get it threaded, adaptor made, etc but once done, a kickass setup with my Warlock. Wished AA would have got their asses out of Kalifornia early on so they could have put out high-caps and threaded bbls......but, that left an opportunity for you. I have a G23 and also run a LW 40/9 conversion bbl on it. Want to be on your buyer's list. IM or email will be sent by "msweet16". Any projected price or did I miss it? I'd like to have 2 full size mags and maybe later a flush compact when released.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:41:58 AM EDT
[#29]
1 week until christmas bump....  

10 round mags suck!  
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#30]
any updates on these?
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Guys,

I appreciate your offers to assist with beta testing. However, I already have more beta test volunteers than I could possibly need. Nevertheless, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know which type(s) of A.A. kit(s) and Glock model(s) you have. I will add you to my e-mail contact list and let you know as soon as the mags are available for sale. As I mentioned before, the AR15.com members on my contact list will have the opportunity to purchase these mags before anyone else.

FYI... Everyone that has already e-mailed me has been added to my contact list. I've tried to respond to each and every one of you, but I may have missed a few. If so, my apologies.

Thanks again,

Dan

Dan, please add me to your mailing list; I have 6 Advantage arms .22lr rimfire conversion kits on various Glock frames.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guys,

FYI... Everyone that has already e-mailed me has been added to my contact list. I've tried to respond to each and every one of you, but I may have missed a few. If so, my apologies.

Thanks again,

Dan

Dan, please add me to your mailing list; I have 6 Advantage arms .22lr rimfire conversion kits on various Glock frames.

And I can't find one...

Link Posted: 2/11/2010 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#33]
My AA dedicated G23/.22lr is now complete. I'm really itching for some of these mags!
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#34]
BUMP.  Spring is coming....
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

model 20/21 for me please

yeah can we get some 20/21 love??

Add another

Likewise.

FWIW, I'd love to have a removable block or pin to allow "original loadout" or higher capacity, depending on whether you're training or plinking.

+1

I would love a few for the G21. Maybe higher than 20 round capacity too?
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guys,

Thanks again,

Dan

Dan, please remove me from your mailing list; BlackDog Machine has developed reliable 14-rd magazines for the Tactical Solutions TSG-22 rimfire conversion kit for Glocks, and Kevin Rich informed me those will work for the AA kits as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guys,

Thanks again,

Dan

Dan, please remove me from your mailing list; BlackDog Machine has developed reliable 14-rd magazines for the Tactical Solutions TSG-22 rimfire conversion kit for Glocks, and Kevin Rich informed me those will work for the AA kits as well.

Any word on when the BD mags will start shipping?  Tacsol kits wont be out for a few months still...

I guess the OP company isn't going to be making these with as long as it's been and blackdog makes great stuff!

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Another month gone....

Link Posted: 4/12/2010 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Don't worry, it won't be much longer.

FYI... When BDM/Tac Sol announced they will be offering a flush-fitting 14rd mag, my OEM and I decided to go back to the drawing board. We're going to be offering a 25rd mag that will extend below the grip frame, similar to the Glock factory 33rd 9mm mags. (I would like to make a 33rd mag too, but .22LR rimfire cartridges can't be double-stacked like 9mm cartridges can.)

I will be posting prototype mag photos and more info very soon. Thanks for your continued patience.

Dan

That is exactly what I am looking for, I don't really care too much for 4 more rounds.......25 total and extending to match my 9mm glock with the 33rder......perfect.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

FYI... When BDM/Tac Sol announced they will be offering a flush-fitting 14rd mag, my OEM and I decided to go back to the drawing board. We're going to be offering a 25rd mag that will extend below the grip frame, similar to the Glock factory 33rd 9mm mags. (I would like to make a 33rd mag too, but .22LR rimfire cartridges can't be double-stacked like 9mm cartridges can.)

I will be posting prototype mag photos and more info very soon. Thanks for your continued patience.

Dan

I'm happy to volunteer to be a beta tester, as needed.  I have six (6) Advantage Arms kits on various Glocks...  

Link Posted: 4/24/2010 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Here's a home made brew I've use for a few years. This turns a G17 mag into 13 rnd. mag

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1009833&page=3
Link Posted: 4/24/2010 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Dan

Pics yet?
Link Posted: 4/24/2010 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Dan

How about replicating the design the P30 Grendel used with the WMR rounds? Would something like this work for a .22 cal? I don't see why not.
Link Posted: 4/24/2010 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Here's a home made brew I've use for a few years. This turns a G17 mag into 13 rnd. mag

Thanks for posting, John.

Would you mind starting a new thread about it on this forum?
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Cough....
Link Posted: 4/30/2010 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for posting, John.

Would you mind starting a new thread about it on this forum?

After messing around with A.A. mag rnd. capacities it seems to me that after 14 rnds. the angle of the bullet nose because of the rims starts to dip down too much to reliably ride up the feed ramp. I think you would need a curved or stagered mag to go beyond 14 rnds. There's also the issue of the spring beinng fully compressed after 14 rnds.

Here's some links to mods I did on my A.A. 17/22 conversion unit in case anyone's interested. I may have posted them in the wrong forum. Sorry about that. If someone knows how to move them please do so.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=50&t=94600

Link Posted: 5/7/2010 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Dan

Is it very soon yet?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Anything?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top