BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm usually really good with the comebacks, but I was COMPLETELY taken by surprise by this person.  

This is a business associate of my wife's, and we were in a professional setting, I dont want any attention drawn to me. I mentioned I dont go to places that serve alcohol because of my CCW. When my wife explained "He carries a gun everywhere" her friend asked why I carry a gun. I said "Why do you wear a seatbelt?"  She said "Because its the law. Are you going to get a ticket and a fine if you dont carry a gun?"

The clever broad cold clocked me and got me with one I never heard before.

My reply took too long.

I responded, politely with "Like a seat belt, the one time you forget to buckle up, is going to be the time you're hit by a truck"

That didnt asnwer her question.

She asked again, if I took it everywhere, and I said yes, I'm even taking it to the little boys room with me right now and walked away. Walked away to my car and went home.  The conversation with my wife should be interesting, as I'm sure she had to make up some BS as to why I left...

Um... no? I wear a seatbelt because when something bad happens to me while riding a car, my chances of survival goes way higher because it restrains my body from any possible impact. The purpose of the law is to facilitate this fact and is not the reason  itself for the need to do so.

Same logic with carrying a firearm, when something bad happens, its purpose is to increase your chances of survival againts a threat (or for some people is to have walmart stories).

Good idea but the answer needs to be pithy (concise).  

Maybe something like, "Seat belts, like self defense capabilities, help protect you during emergencies."
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top