Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Fucking retards.

Speak for yourself
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Damnit adair, you beat me to using Dilberts quote as a sig line.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sorry, but thats some of the best sig material I have seen in a long time
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Amen.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, but thats some of the best sig material I have seen in a long time

I'm honored guys.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Well isn't this just a pissing match...

I have several HK weapons and several Glock handguns.  I honestly haven't had trouble from any of them.  I prefer the HK 9mm and the Glock .40.

I suggest trying them out and seeing which one works best for you.  I say this because you won't be disappointed in the quality, reliability of either weapon.

In a world of compromise...

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

In a world of compromise...

Some don't
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fucking retards.

CONAN56 is here asking a legitimate question, there is no need to crap in his thread.  Some of us "retards" actually do have legitimate reasons why we choose HK over Glock.  For me the biggest reason is that I reload in .45 and the chamber support issue is a big deal to me.  I also prefer having a SA/DA pistol with the additional controls that the HK pistols have.  If you don't agree, that is your right, but CONAN56 deserves to hear all of the pertinent answers to his question.

You're right, I apologize.  I fully understand there are real reasons that people choose on over the other.  The retards I'm talking about are the people who cant see there are advantages as well as disadvantages to their favorite pistol and think they know so much more than everybody else here.

CONAN56:  Sorry for the pissing.  I would go with HK if I was going to buy a gun in 9mm and .40.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got a USP last week. It was a close call for me between a Glock and the USP, but ultimately the USP had the features I wanted and just felt right. I originally went into the store having read about different options thinking I would like the USP Compact but after handling it, it seemed nose heavy to me. For whatever reason the full size just felt right.

I don't have much experience with Glock since I didn't buy one, but from all the research I did they're great guns. I wanted a gun that was SA/DA and had a manual safety. But that's what I wanted, and since you're buying the gun go with what features YOU want.

All that being said, I'm thrilled with my purchase. It's a great gun, fun to shoot, and I don't know how to explain the fact that it was just the right one for me. Try them out and see what works for you.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just got a USP last week. It was a close call for me between a Glock and the USP, but ultimately the USP had the features I wanted and just felt right. I originally went into the store having read about different options thinking I would like the USP Compact but after handling it, it seemed nose heavy to me. For whatever reason the full size just felt right.

I don't have much experience with Glock since I didn't buy one, but from all the research I did they're great guns. I wanted a gun that was SA/DA and had a manual safety. But that's what I wanted, and since you're buying the gun go with what features YOU want.

All that being said, I'm thrilled with my purchase. It's a great gun, fun to shoot, and I don't know how to explain the fact that it was just the right one for me. Try them out and see what works for you.

Welcome to Arfcom fish3485!  Good first post, and in a technical forum nonetheless.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Glock 22 locked & loaded with Winchester Ranger RA40T in a Fobus roto holster.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I recommend an HK. They are amazing guns and I couldn't be happier with mine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
glock

Absolutely. We had a discussion about this last weekend at the range... the clincher was the fact that HK mags cost anywhere from $45-85.

If you can't get affordable parts and accessories for your gun, you should get a different gun.

Glock CREAMS HK in this aspect.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
glock

Absolutely. We had a discussion about this last weekend at the range... the clincher was the fact that HK mags cost anywhere from $45-85.

If you can't get affordable parts and accessories for your gun, you should get a different gun.

Some of us don't mind paying for better parts.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
glock

+1

You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HK.  before i bought my HK USP9, i went to the range and tested all the guns that i potentially wanted.  HK USP, Glock 19, Sig 229, Beretta 92.  First i did the visual inspection.  concentrated on the finish and overall smoothness of the guns.  HK won hands down.  when i shot them, i absolutely loved how the HK felt both in my hand, and shooting.  obviously i bought the HK.  Money was definitely a factor however, and i was lucky enough to find a USP for $500.  If i had to pay retail for one, i definitely woulda bought the sig.

Cool!  Let us know what you do when your trigger bar breaks and HK won't even answer the phone!

G

Right! Let us know what you do when your Glock goes KABOOM and you can't use a phone! Get the HK. In the real world, you DO get what you pay for.

Yeah! You mean like this?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
glock

+1

You get what you pay for.... As long as you are fortunate enough to get in contact with someone at HK that will actually help you get the parts you need.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HK.  before i bought my HK USP9, i went to the range and tested all the guns that i potentially wanted.  HK USP, Glock 19, Sig 229, Beretta 92.  First i did the visual inspection.  concentrated on the finish and overall smoothness of the guns.  HK won hands down.  when i shot them, i absolutely loved how the HK felt both in my hand, and shooting.  obviously i bought the HK.  Money was definitely a factor however, and i was lucky enough to find a USP for $500.  If i had to pay retail for one, i definitely woulda bought the sig.

Cool!  Let us know what you do when your trigger bar breaks and HK won't even answer the phone!

G

Right! Let us know what you do when your Glock goes KABOOM and you can't use a phone! Get the HK. In the real world, you DO get what you pay for.

www.tinypic.com/qsjgxf.jpg
www.tinypic.com/qsjh4x.jpg

The truth really does hurt you glock kool-aid drinkers doesnt it.  It so sad the devotion you all have to an inferior product.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

www.tinypic.com/qsjgxf.jpg
www.tinypic.com/qsjh4x.jpg

The truth really does hurt you glock kool-aid drinkers doesnt it.  It so sad the devotion you all have to an inferior product.  

Kool-aid drinkers??? We arent the ones who spent more than twice as much for a pistol that doesnt do anything better than a Glock. Besides, we all know you really carry a Glock when you feel you may need to use a pistol that you can truly rely on, and only preach the HK elitest BS because you cant sell your overpriced HK's for half of what you paid for 'em.

I too was a victim of thinking I was "prepared" and better than everyone else because I had the most expensive pistol in my academy class. Its OK to admit that you made a mistake.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#20]

G Right! Let us know what you do when your Glock goes KABOOM and you can't use a phone! Get the HK. In the real world, you DO get what you pay for.

Take a look at those pictures. They are most likely the result of an overloaded round. Notice how both "kaboomed" the same way? HK's are so well designed that they explode the same way everytime, to prevent injury to the shooter. Now, take a look at Glocks and they all break up every which way. Pieces here, parts here, hell it looks like a grenade.

HK is so good that;
An HK, remains elegant even till death.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

Do you mean like this right?

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd much rather have either of those USP's blow in my hand that that Glock, or any Glock for that matter.

HK's were designed to KB a certain way.  Every picture of a KB'd HK I've seen (which is very few), the gun looks the same.

Glocks...well...God only knows what happened to the hands of whoever was shooting that one pictured above.

I pay extra for HK's because...

1- They are equally as reliable as Glock
2- TRIGGER.  I know its not a 1911, but then again, nothing is.
3- They have a standard grip angle
4- Can you find me a more accurate production pistol?
5- Sights.  HK's have them, Glocks have chunks of plastic attached to the top of their slide.
6- I can afford them, and their magazines
7- In the rare event that I try to fire a double charged round, my HK will look like those pictured above, and not like that Glock.  
8- Cocked and locked.  Or decocked.  Or decocked with safety on.  Or whatever other combination you can cook up.

I could probably find more reasons, but thats good enough for me.    

It has nothing to do with status, or price.  When I buy a handgun for a specific purpose other than plinking, price is NOT an issue.  If I have to save up a little longer, then so be it.  And if I ever have to use it, I highly doubt that the person I'm using it against will stop and say "damn, that guy must be pretty cool.  He's shooting me with an HK.  Must have some status then..."

I dont think either is better than the other except for the fact that HK's were designed to KB in a specific manner, as shown above.  They both go bang every time.  Given equally skilled shooters, they will both put a round where it is needed, with the added accuracy of the HK really not being noticed.  HK's just do things a little differently than Glocks in the other categories.  Whichever one fits you better or has the features you desire is the better gun for YOU.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I honestly love this kind of pissing game!
As an outsider who is trying to get the first handgun, the information listed helps me a lot.
Even down to itty bitty dirty secrets!

Beside which handgun is better, I confirmed that use of good ammunitions is essential regardless of firearm types.  Again, I love this thread.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
As an outsider who is trying to get the first handgun, the information listed helps me a lot.

Beside which handgun is better, I confirmed that use of good ammunitions is essential regardless of firearm types.  Again, I love this thread.

Glad we could be of service to you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:39:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

As Marksman stated above neither pistol is "better". It all comes down to what the end user prefers, what features they are looking for, and which pistol actually feels better ergonomically in their hands. Dont confuse this with which one "looks" better in your hand, Glocks are butt ugly and will loose that contest to almost everything else out there.

I just dont get the whole "HK is designed to explode a certain way" feature. If you shoot quality ammo through either of them, the exploding pistol BS wont be an issue. Dont believe everything you read on the internet to be true. It is likely that it is an all out lie, or something that is blown way out of proportion by some dipshit that has not left the safety of his parents basement long enough to have any valuable experience to speak of.

I posted the pics of the KB'ed HK USP's to show that if some bozo feeds his HK shitty ammo, it too will fail. And it doesnt matter how it fails, you had better have a plan B, along with the mind-set and the skills to put it into play.

Hk's are great guns. Everything considered, I just prefer my Glocks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#26]
I understand all major handgun manufacturers' products would be nice for me.
My question is more of which one to get first?
As Arfcom way, I plan to get all of them but my funding is always limited.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#27]
You really need to shoot each one and go with the pistol you prefer.

Especially when you are talking about 'brandname' pistols (Beretta, Glock, Sig, HK), there is nothing but personal preference to differentiate them. They are all reliable, all have plenty of holsters and aftermarket support, etcetera.

That said, a G19 seems like a near-perfect first pistol. Cheap, cheap mags, easy to shoot, reliable, big enough to shoot at the range, but small enough to conceal easily...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Having had many HKs and Glocks... go with a Glock 19
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top