BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Yup, that's why I bought the XD45 cause it's not dangerous at all.

Riiiiight.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I watched the video of the policeman demonstrating how he blew off his middle finger while moving his Glock.

1.  It is no excuse that magazine was outside in his car.  How do you make a Glock or any other firearm "safe"?  You make sure that the chamber is empty!  Tah duh!

2.  I then saw he purportedly moved his Glock.  I don't put my hand over the front of my Glock, even when I think that it is empty.    There basic rule of firearms' safety that goes something like this "don't point your firearm at any thing that you don't intend to destroy".

Have you ever handled a Browning designed Colt .45acp semi auto pistol - like picking it up and having the slide go forward?  I have.  I don't put my hand in front of the pistol either.  

Take policeman's uniform and put it and a badge on a man.  This doesn't make him any more safe or knowledgable about firearms than the man on the moon.

Is this how you move a handgun on your desk:  put your left hand over the muzzle.  put your right hand somewhere towards that butt, lift and move?  That's what this "Chief" did.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#3]
My opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it, so here goes.
For years I read how the 1911 was unsafe because of the cocked and locked mode of carry.
I heard of people doing stupid shit while relying on a safety to protect them.  I have read how transitioning from DA to SA can present a liability issue.
I finally decided that every one of these writers has their own agenda.
I own three glocks. These are all 40 S&W and I don’t see a problem. I keep my finger off the damn trigger and use holsters without safety straps.  Dang! Call me a rebel!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm the only one on this forum qualified to handle this Glock fohty.....BOOM!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top