[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just itching to put a 34 slide on my 19 frames. And then carry it.
That would be quite the custom carry piece right there!
https://image.ibb.co/bvNbDS/IMG_9387.jpg
Ok, that’s freaking awesome.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 8:13:49 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks. I am starting to like it more than a grip chop when combined with a Magwell. Mostly because the Magwell really sinks my grip in tight on the 19 frame.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 5:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Brownells longside and barrel on a P80.

Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks good!

How is the length of pull on the P80 frame compared to a gen 4? I have short fingers......
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Can this be done with just a Gen 5 locking block and the Timberwolf Gen 4 to Gen 4 cover? Reason I'm asking is the product description on a Gen 5 locking block

"Gen 5 Glock Factory Locking Block. Works for G19/23/32/38 Gen 3 (manufactured after 2013), Gen 4, and Gen 5, as well as the 17 Gen 5."

I don't have a Gen 4 19 to try it on. Has anyone tried putting a 17 slide on a 19 frame this way? I mean, if it works, it would be a lot cheaper than buying a Gen 5 barrel. It would be $28 plus Timberwolf adapter vs approx. $160 plus Timberwolf adapter.

Thanks,

spoon
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
You lost me at Timberwolf. Do you have some links to what your looking at?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can this be done with just a Gen 5 locking block and the Timberwolf Gen 4 to Gen 4 cover? Reason I'm asking is the product description on a Gen 5 locking block

"Gen 5 Glock Factory Locking Block. Works for G19/23/32/38 Gen 3 (manufactured after 2013), Gen 4, and Gen 5, as well as the 17 Gen 5."

I don't have a Gen 4 19 to try it on. Has anyone tried putting a 17 slide on a 19 frame this way? I mean, if it works, it would be a lot cheaper than buying a Gen 5 barrel. It would be $28 plus Timberwolf adapter vs approx. $160 plus Timberwolf adapter.

Thanks,

spoon
View Quote
If I am interpreting this correctly you would still need a gen 5 or aftermarket 19L barrel. I think this locking block is just the new part # for the compact/sub compact guns as a replacement part. The lugs on the 17.5 barrel are different than a 17.4
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:56:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I know people seem to really like their 19x's but the first time I saw one I thought "I think they got that backwards". Thanks for all the pics guys.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:05:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#10]
purple85gt, I think you are correct. I went back and reread and rethought what the description was. Being new to owning a Glock I confused myself.

My personal carry is a Springfield Armory 1911 Compact. I like the smaller grip and was trying to understand how to get approximately the same thing in a Glock, i.e. a short grip with a longer barrel. For me personally I also think the 19x is backwards. However, a Gen 5 barrel is still cheaper than a Brownells long slide and an xl barrel.

spoon
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
purple85gt, I think you are correct. I went back and reread and rethought what the description was. Being new to owning a Glock I confused myself.

My personal carry is a Springfield Armory 1911 Compact. I like the smaller grip and was trying to understand how to get approximately the same thing in a Glock, i.e. a short grip with a longer barrel. For me personally I also think the 19x is backwards. However, a Gen 5 barrel is still cheaper than a Brownells long slide and an xl barrel.

spoon
View Quote
@spoonxman

I was super confused when I started reading the descriptions on Lw's site too. I have a thread in this section detailing my interest in this configuration. mikehikes has it pretty nailed down and I learned alot from him and some of the other guys. HERE is my thread on it.

I think this configuration would mimic your 1911 compact. What Glock parts do you currently have?
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the info. For parts I have a complete 17 Gen 4 upper.

A local Police Dept switched to Sig 320s and sold all their Gen 4 22s for $260. They only had them for 2 years. Put on a new slide catch and was good to go. I went on gunbroker and bought a complete 17 upper for $250. When shooting I just switch out the uppers and have 9mm or 40 whichever I have ammo for. Haven't had any problems with the ejection.

I don't have access to a drill press to do a Poly 80. However, if I read that correctly it's for Gen 3. Plus, I think the Timberwolf spacer is backordered until Nov on the Timberwolf site.

For experience my 3 year Glock Armorer's Certification expired mid-July. Worked on a few, just never owned one until now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. For parts I have a complete 17 Gen 4 upper.

A local Police Dept switched to Sig 320s and sold all their Gen 4 22s for $260. They only had them for 2 years. Put on a new slide catch and was good to go. I went on gunbroker and bought a complete 17 upper for $250. When shooting I just switch out the uppers and have 9mm or 40 whichever I have ammo for. Haven't had any problems with the ejection.

I don't have access to a drill press to do a Poly 80. However, if I read that correctly it's for Gen 3. Plus, I think the Timberwolf spacer is backordered until Nov on the Timberwolf site.

For experience my 3 year Glock Armorer's Certification expired mid-July. Worked on a few, just never owned one until now.
View Quote
So all you need is a G19.4 frame, G17.5 barrel and the LW spacer. I forget what recoil assembly I used either G17.4 or G19.4 I can check later.... You can probably get a G19.4 frame from gunbroker reasonably priced. Check with Jason from Andro Corp (site Industry Partner) and see if he has any barrels left. I got mine from him and Andro is good to go. I haven't checked availability of them since I built mine but they were hard to find at the time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice looking pistols. These are the guns I wish Glock would build.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top