Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Does anybody know how these compare to the HK p2000?  Grip feel?  They kinda look the same but the FN is so much cheaper.  Thanks

Compared the two at a Sportsman Warehouse and have to say the FN is a close second to the P2000 for "feel".   But for $300 difference between the two????  The controls for the P2000 are perfect for me.  The only thing that I have a real problem, FN, is the mag release the P2000 does the typical HK release.  Maybe if the FN had a smaller back strap on or the mag release was switched to the left hand and released with the index finger it would be better?
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Got me one........... Three 16 rounders too!!!!

Now I gotta find a holster!
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#3]
The only place I could find to make a holster is
www.blackhillsleather.com/

I should be getting mine next week and I will post here as to how it works out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Being that Blade Tech makes about 5 different holsters for the FN forty nine...I bet they can fix you up(the FN forty nine is like an early FNP9)..UPDATE: I talked to them today and they dont have the mould for the FNP9 yet, but will at some time in the future. Here is my FNP9

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#5]
no flame intended but the G34 is the nine mm. I'm pretty sure the G35 is the .40.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Bump. This thread is too good to let it die. There is too little info on the FNP9 as it is.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:38:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Robert , I fully agree on that, it is a good pistol and it is a shame that it suffers from nothing being said about it. Its reliable, feels good in the hand, its as good as most anything out there of the current crop of police service pistols. I just got a european Ledwave Z5 TacLight for mine to try out
here is a photo. Cal's sporting armory has them the cheapist at 50.00 most others average 88.00
they list it on the FN five seven page and its a really good light/65,000lumins
http://www.calssportingarmory.com/FN57IOM.htm

this one has a really focused beam that is a real intruder blinder :)
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:57:44 AM EDT
[#8]
How much was shipping for that light, ie total price to your door?

Thanks
Rebel13
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#9]
it came to $57 and some change.....

Link Posted: 10/15/2005 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#10]
damn that looks like a good deal on a light...might have to check that out
Link Posted: 10/16/2005 5:55:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I hadnt heard of them before a month ago..but they are made by Ombu , which is the leading taclight manufacturer of europe and is imported into the U.S. by Camillus knives(who would have thought) and it uses 2 CR123A batteries like most of these things do. So far im happy with mine, and feel it was a good deal.....and its kinda neet in a way..euro gun...euro light
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 5:25:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh hohoho... I need to scrap my Taurus off and get one of these. Those reviews are all I needed. Holster would be nice. but I carry IWB.
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#13]
RD, another thing i forgot to mention....I also own a current model MKIII Hi Power that weighs more
than the FNP9 , but the FNP9 has less felt recoil firing the same ammo!.....also less than the walther P99 I have. Its really pleasent.
p
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally found one in .40S&W with stainless slide.  Came with 3 14-round mags, lock, smaller backstrap for small hands, spent test-fired cartridge, manual and case.  Very well rounded package for a resonable $459.00.  Very excited about taking it to the range tomorrow and giving everyone here some feedback.  

I rented a FNP-9 a couple of weeks ago and was impressed with it's accuracy, expecially since I was new to the gun.  That particular one had 3 FTF at slide release on reloading and 2 fail to lock the slide back upon empty mag.  I was a bit concerned with this but figured I'd take a chance on a new one in 40S&W.  I can tell already as I filled the 3 mags with 14 rounds and with the slide locked back, slammed all 3 magazines home with the lever and didn't experience any FTF upon doing this.  

I did notice a slight rattling noise coming from all 3 of the loaded magazines ???  Is this normal?  Just seems kinda strange to me.

Welp, be back tomorrow with an update.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 5:24:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Congrats on the purchase Amazed...sounds like the rental gun need a new recoil spring..no telling how many thousands of rounds had been put through it...and they last on any service auto approx4-6000 rounds before starting to get weak. It dont take long on a rental to reach that.
About the ammo in the mag rattling.....alot of them do, My P99 magazines certainly do when fully loaded. Also in the same caliber of ammo there are ones that have a shorter or longer overal lenth,
the longer ones dont shift around as much front to back inside the mag.....(rattle rattle)
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 4:04:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks Pillbox.  Welp, if you all could just see my face, <grin from ear to ear> then I wouldn't have to say a word.  LOL!  I shot 3 boxes of different brand/style ammo through my new toy and not a single hiccup.

First I started with Remington UMC (cheap) 180gr FMJ and wiped that box out very fast with 3 loaded 14 round mags... heh.  Then I switched to Winchester 180gr FMJ and duplicated the first box.  Accuracy was good, but I need a lot of work here.  I wear bi-focals and haven't really found my optimum grip/sight as yet.   I went a step farther and ran a box of Winchester Self defence 180gr rounds through this baby.  I didn't want to load it with these if they've never been tested with the gun.  Not one hiccup.... smooth and crisp.  I was really impressed with the light pull of the SA trigger.  Once you take up the slight slack, the hammer drops very smoothly.  Recoil was very managable.  I shot several 1,2 followup shots and it was very good.  Reloading the magazines was not unpleasant at all.  The last round (14) was a little tough but very workable.  I've had some serious experiences with trying to fill up some other brand pistols that I rented so I can say these were the easiest to load.

There was another shooter at the range near me and was curious of my new toy.  He had two glocks in front of him also in .40S&W so he had a good comparison so I coaxed him into shooting a magazine of his ammo through mine and give me feedback.  He did so and, wow, his accuracy was dead-on.  He was using 140 or 150gr, can't remember for sure, but he was very impressed.  I could see desire in his eyes as he recognized the SA/DA feature of the FNP.

I'm thinking about getting that lazer surgery for my eyes and see if it'll make my aiming more enjoyable because when I aim at a target, my pistol sights can get quite blurred... <sigh>

Now all I need is to buy my ammo in 100's instead of 50's so I can warm this toy up.. hehe.  I ordered a light/lazer  to go with the gun from the dealer.  It's that Glock GTAC-3167 so I'm anxious to pick it up this week.  I was really wanting that Insight M6 but he made me a good deal on the Glock so I figured I'd give it a try.  I'll report back with it as well.

I apologize for being so long-winded, but I just couldn't help myself.  I want to thank you all here for the information on the FNP.  It's because of this site and these members that allowed me to have such a successful "1st pistol" purchase.

I am open to any suggestions as to what type/grain ammo to use.  I'm quite a novice in this area.

Thank You    
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 4:15:04 AM EDT
[#17]
tag for pics ??
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#18]
welcome! I thought with my large size hand that I would shoot /point better with the arched rear insert...but on shooting with both, the flat one works better..and have had another friend have the exact same experiance so you might give the flat one a try if you havent yet.
The FN is a good buy for the money and just works good. But it is still a pistol that most folks are not really aware of because it isnt advertized at all. its a shame they dont.

On the bi focal thing...yep I have the no line type...the 40's arent for wimps lol

this will provide some data on different .40 loads out there for you to compare.

http://www.firearmstactical.com/ammo_data/40s&w.htm
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm to pick up the Lazer/Light Wednesday and maybe a hogue grip and I'll try to get some pics up for everyone.  I really love this thing!  LOL
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmmmm, can't quite figure out how to get the pics up.  I took 3 quickies but it's very late and I'm real tired so I'm having trouble comprehending the "hosting" of the pictures and posting the url deal.... sorry about that.  

I did pick up a holster for my pistol though.  It's just a Uncle Mike's nylon generic fit, really tight, hope it loosens up soon.... ack!
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Still available at cdnn?
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#22]
right now holster made specifically for it are kinda non exsistant...FNH USA tells me they have entered into a deal with blade tech to produce a model of the molded holster with the FN logo on the outside that should be 30.00 or so...have to get one just because :)
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I was out shooting mine today, they are just good pistols....but this was like talking cars and a cars salesman shows up...it killed the thread and nobody posted anymore lol    

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I should be picking one of these up in the next month or so for $300.  Can't beat it for that price.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#26]
That LEDWave Z-5 is a toy, nothing more.  I bought one awhile back and it didn't even work until I bent out some of the battery tabs.  The f*cker on ebay I bought it from wouldn't take it back without a 15% restocking fee.  

It comes with two locking bars.  I couldn't understand why and thought one might be plastic and one metal- one for Glocks and polymer pistols and the other for metal frames, etc.  But i found out they are both made out of the same pot metal and break.  Both of mine are broken and that didn't even involve much range time- none at all on the one.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry yours didnt work for ya Joe...mine dont have the two pot metal locking bars,(one locking bar, see photo) nor are they pot metal these days...maybee they too learned from mistakes. I dont sell them. Mine works just fine ,and I know 6 others that have them....so far so good.

Do you own a FNP by chance ? or or did you just have to find a thread to duck into to take a crap in? lol
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Sorry yours didnt work for ya Joe...mine dont have the two pot metal locking bars,(one locking bar, see photo) nor are they pot metal these days...maybee they too learned from mistakes. I dont sell them. Mine works just fine ,and I know 6 others that have them....so far so good.

Do you own a FNP by chance ? or or did you just have to find a thread to duck into to take a crap in? lol

Reread the thread title and the original question.  I don't believe I have to own one or even know anything about one to be interested enough to read on.  

I didn't try to assault your character by saying you bought a p.o.s. and it reflects on you as a person.  I simply stated that they are junk.  Did you read the thread title and see anyone ask about the Z-5?  If you want to post an off-topic response, expect an off topic response back.  

You do indeed have the same locking bar on your light as I had on mine.  

You seem to have found an excellent gun that sells for a very low price.  Unfortunately, the light cannot be called the same great value.  You'd have been better off spending $35-$45 more and getting an M3.  

You took the thread pretty far off topic and others are interested.  They have the right to hear what I think of the light and not jump into a sale based on one single good testimony while I keep my opinions to myself.

That's how things work.  No hard feelings.

ETA- you didn't understand what I said about two locking bars- it uses one and came with one spare.  The company knows they are junk and will break.  They offer a second which is no better than the first.
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#29]
I apologize joe..I took the tone of your post wrong, I do see your point.....and the one I have , will be the first and last Z5 I buy.
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#30]
you won't buy another based on it's performance or you summise that if it doesn't last then it won't be worth buying another?  

I am used to seeing high quality products being sold by high quality people- I was totally turned off by the Z-5 for more than the usual AR15.com reasons- I actually have one and am not satisfied- not trying to be a KoolAid drinker
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#31]
well like I said mine works good so far and puts out a lot of light..but if it dont last,what would be the point of getting another? I would call it a day and get another brand. like anything else...I wonder why Camillus knifes is the importer of these?
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a brand new in box FNP-9 with 3 16 round mags. I have 470.00 in the gun. I would be willing to sell for 470.00 and eat shipping cost.

I have several handguns I purchased a while back and this is one of them. I purchased it new from a dealer and have the invoice to show my cost.

I know some of you are buying them cheaper and that's good. I guess I gave to much.

email me @ [email protected]  if interested.

Thanks

P.S. Im a newbie here so be patient.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#33]
you should start a thread in the equipment exchange.  this isn't the place to sell.  if you link to the other thread, you'll be alright, but you shouldn't make THIS your sales thread.

welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:24:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Got my Glock Light/Laser the other day and fired about 6 boxes of ammo through it and finally got it dialed in at around 16 yards.  No, it didn't take that many rounds to tweak it in, I was just having a blast bettering myself with the gun.  The light is intense and the laser is quite strong so it can be used in bright daylight as well.  Looks like everything is working great so I wanted to report back again.  

I did have ONE Fail to Feed with Remington JHP 180gr.  I noticed that the hollow hole in these bullets is quite large so apparently that would be something to stay away from.  I got a slow reload cycle a couple of times as well with these rounds.  I went through 100 of them and won't buy any more.  Winchester self defense rounds have a smaller hollow hole and I've not had any issues with them or any other ammo for that matter.  I even purchased a box of reloads (Trophy I think) and had no problems with any of them.

Now if someone would take me by the hand (step by step please) and tell me how to include some pictures, I'd sure appreciate it.  Sorry to be so dumb about  the URL thingy.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#35]
imageshack.com is an easy one to upload .jpeg photo files. copy the url address they give for the pic....then come back here and hit the insert image icon that looks like a tiny post card.....paste link.  thats the high points
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Okay, I'll give that a shot tomorrow.  I just had shoulder surgery and it's a real pain typing and trying to do this with one hand....  heh.

On another note; my wife asked me if I wanted another firearm for Christmas.  What should I get; another pistol in 45 ACP or maybe a AR10/15, Baretta CX4.  I only have the one pistol and I have a couple of hunting rifles, sooooooooooo ???
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Get the CX4 Storm!  I bought one when they first came out....its a blast to shoot. I've never had a problem with the gun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I have been eyeballing the Browning Pro-9 for a long time, and finally went out and bought one last month.  

I have to say, WHAT A GREAT WEAPON!

Its extremely light, came with two 16 round magazines marked "law enforcement only" and has a great trigger pull.

The slide is stainless steel and etched with the Browning Logo and model name.

I mounted my ITI Streamlight M3X under it and it fit very well.

Then I went to the range.  Fired many rounds through it, and at 15 yards was almost able to put all 16 rounds through a single silver dollar sized hole. It fired smoothly in single and double action, and I have had no malfunctions in about 200 rounds.

I would really like to get an FNP-9 and a Pro-40 as well.  This is a handgun that has been greatly overlooked, and for the price I payed (500 dollars) it was well worth the money.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm leaning toward the CX4 Storm in 40 S&W.  Wish they made it in .357 SIG for better mid to long range accuracy.  I have a friend who is a LEO and he said they've found the .357Sig very accurate at 100 yards compared to the 45ACP.  He said the 45ACP was great inside 50 yards, sounds right I dunno.  Do you know if you can get hi capacity magazines to fit the Storm in the various calibers?  Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Ouch. This thread had me considering one, but it seems prices sky rocketed recently. Now it seems you're lucky to find one for under $450.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#42]
a CX4 in .357 would kick ass.  I've got a G32 and that round out of a 16" barrel would be very nice to have around...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:54:10 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ouch. This thread had me considering one, but it seems prices sky rocketed recently. Now it seems you're lucky to find one for under $450.

Simple reason for that. The old ones were dumped on the market by FN when they new ones were about to come out.  They did not want to be sitting on a ton of inventory with the new and improved versions became available. I had one of the original FNPs and I have a new one now. There is a night and day difference in how smooth this new one operates. If a quality pistol is high on your priority list, it is money well spent.  

Very nicely said.  It is still a lot cheaper than a Sig or H&K

TalonArms.com

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Simple reason for that. The old ones were dumped on the market by FN when they new ones were about to come out.  They did not want to be sitting on a ton of inventory with the new and improved versions became available. I had one of the original FNPs and I have a new one now. There is a night and day difference in how smooth this new one operates. If a quality pistol is high on your priority list, it is money well spent.  

TalonArms.com

Thanks for the explanation Rob. Also, do you know if the accessory rail is Picatinny or universal?

Even though I was surprised to see the price increase, it's still damn near impossible to find a pistol with all of those features for even close to that price. I'm sure I'll end up with one eventually as they're getting awesome ratings and FN seems to be a pretty kick @ss company lately.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#45]
status on FNP in 357 sig?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I like 'em!

I have six (6) of them: four (4) Pro 9s and two (2) Pro 40s.

Perfect pistol for me, and I've had 'em all (1911, BHP, CZ75, SIG, Beretta, Glock, HK, SA/XD).

Friends think I'm crazy since I could have bought one or two really good 1911s for that much... ;)

Have several thousand rounds through a couple of the 9s w no problems, just got the Pro 40s yesterday, only a few hundred through one of them so far, no problems there either.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#47]
for any of you interested in a holster that fits the pro-9 fnp-9

I just got a Bianchi Accumold for mine that was made for the SW99/Walther P99.

Its a Size 13C, model number 7001 I believe. The Pro-9 I own fit right in it with zero adjustments and fits snug as a bug....

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Can anyone confirm that the FNP 9m ( the compact ) is not avialable as of yet ?  Belgianbeast ?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Ok, quick question about the Pro 9 and FNP 9.  I checked out the Browning at sporting goods store, mainly because I am interested in the FNP 9 and 40 and the browning is pretty much the same.  I liked the Browning as far as function and feel.  Now is the FNP 9 exactly the same as far as function goes.  I mean does the decocker also work as the safety so you can carry it cocked in SA.  I am assuming the SA versions operate similar to a 1911.  Am I wrong.  I would really like to replace my Beretta 92 with one of these just because the DA pull on the 92 FS does not agree with me.  I really like the FNP 9/ Browning pro 9.  I wish they were easier to find though.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Ok, quick question about the Pro 9 and FNP 9.  I checked out the Browning at sporting goods store, mainly because I am interested in the FNP 9 and 40 and the browning is pretty much the same.  I liked the Browning as far as function and feel.  Now is the FNP 9 exactly the same as far as function goes.  I mean does the decocker also work as the safety so you can carry it cocked in SA.  I am assuming the SA versions operate similar to a 1911.  Am I wrong.  I would really like to replace my Beretta 92 with one of these just because the DA pull on the 92 FS does not agree with me.  I really like the FNP 9/ Browning pro 9.  I wish they were easier to find though.

I think the only difference between my the FNPs and the Pro series is that the decocker on the Pro-9 is able to be clicked up to the safe position, and the FNPs it is merely a decocker. Ive only got to play with the FNP-40, and this was the case on this particular pistol. No safe, just a decocker. Therefore carrying an FNP 9 cocked would be kind of dangerous. I do know for a fact that the Browning Pro's decocker is also a safety since I own a Browning.  Anybody have any other info, please feel free to correct me or comment.

I replaced my Beretta 92 with the Pro-9 for a carry weapon for the exact same reasons. The double action pull on the 92 is horrible. I would end up pulling it and waiting, almost cringing while I wait for the hammer to drop.  The Pro-9s double action pull is crisp clean and very easy. The pull on the single action is so light I have to be careful to prevent inadvertant double taps.

I was able to put 3 shots through the same hole right at point of aim with the pro-9 at 7 yards, where as with the 92, I could do the same, but the holes were impacting about 2 or 3 inches low (probably my mistake, I dont know.)

Finally the Pro-9 is a lot easier to carry. Its so light weight and compact, that I hardly notice its there.
Compared to the Pro-9 the Beretta carries a lot more heft, and to think I used to carry a 1911. The length of those two handguns makes concealment more difficult as well.

I hope this helps you out in your search..

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top