Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually I've recently been looking at the old SIG Pro 2022, how do you feel about those? Still, it has no manual safety so it's highly unlikely I'd choose it, looks like it might fit me though in some ways. I've always liked the look of it, and the grip looks nice. I hope the gun shop I go to has all of these things in stock so I can at least hold them first, finding a new in box SIG pro might be hard though these days.

Also, are you certain of these quality issues or do you just say that because of what others are saying? I've heard this a lot recently, because leadership changed in their company or something and/or their manufacturing location was changed. Have you had any personal experiences with newer SIGs that were bad?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
If you know which gunshops have rental ranges in your area try to find them online. Many of the larger gun shops (which are usually the ones with a range) often have websites and may have a list of the guns they have available to rent. Then you can figure out which one is best to visit based on price, gun rental availability, etc. Though, you might still need to visit more than one to try them all.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Actually I've recently been looking at the old SIG Pro 2022, how do you feel about those? Still, it has no manual safety so it's highly unlikely I'd choose it, looks like it might fit me though in some ways. I've always liked the look of it, and the grip looks nice. I hope the gun shop I go to has all of these things in stock so I can at least hold them first, finding a new in box SIG pro might be hard though these days.

Also, are you certain of these quality issues or do you just say that because of what others are saying? I've heard this a lot recently, because leadership changed in their company or something and/or their manufacturing location was changed. Have you had any personal experiences with newer SIGs that were bad?

It is a well known fact that Sigs quality is in the toilet and has been since 2004 when Rob Choen too over. It is a long story but Mr Choen left Kimber after running it in to the ground(they have recovered since) and became the CEO of Sig. He cut corners on manufacturing and QC checks and it really shows today. Lot of well know problems with all of Sigs products. I own 9 older Sigs and all have been problem free. I also bought 4 new Sigs recently(220, 220 compact, 239 and a 229ST and all had problems. Sent them back to Sig and none of the problems were fix. There are many threads on Sigs problems, just do a search and read up......you will cry!

The 2022 is acctually a good gun probably because it is 100% german made. It is the only Sig made today I would spend money on.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh dear, why would SIG let that guy run their company? That's got to be one of the worst decisions that they've ever made..
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh dear, why would SIG let that guy run their company? That's got to be one of the worst decisions that they've ever made..

It all comes down to the bottom line. He did  grow the company but cheepened the guns as a whole. Sig is living off their old excellent reputation but for how long? It's only a matter of time till their poor quality catches up and kills them. You should read about the Sig 556 and how many of them are breaking right out of the box. They are built with very cheep parts.....dam shame.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top