Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:39:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice pistol! I don't normally like the "BHP cut" on a 1911 but it looks real nice one this gun.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Bob,

That is a beautiful weapon, you are definitely on top of your game!!

I have a question if you don't mind, how many thousandth's do you remove from the sides of the slide for your High Power cut?

Thanks,

corob
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bob,

That is a beautiful weapon, you are definitely on top of your game!!

I have a question if you don't mind, how many thousandth's do you remove from the sides of the slide for your High Power cut?

Thanks,

corob

And the depth on those recessed cocking serrations, if you don't mind?

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I had originally posted some dimensions, but I thought a bit about the post and came to a conclusion that I hope you all understand:

Since these options are not my innovation, I am going to have to respect the person I sought permission from and keep this information confidential.  This is a technical forum indeed, but sharing this kind of information reflects poorly on my part and I hope you all understand that this is not my intellectual property and publishing that information could lead to problems such as losing the blessing on offering these options.  By sharing that information, I borrow and idea and then give it to somebody else...and that is not good.  That is very unprofessional.

I should have thought that through before I made the post.

Take care,
Bob
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:08:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Surface prep.

http://i28.tinypic.com/nldd0w.jpg

Point out the bad/inferior or where it could be "better" to me. I fully admit that you are right, surface prep is huge, with any finish. Especially bluing. I just don't see how this is a bad surface prep, but then again, I don't know what to look for really.

I not saying anything about the work.  Just that surface prep is one key to a great bluing job.  The bluing Colt used to supply on guns was great I can't recall the name.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
If they had a cartoon character with their eyes popping out of their head, jaw falling three feet to the floor, and then the tongue unrolling several feet, that's what I'd put right here.

That gun is a work of art!

The whole package looks smooth and flows incredibly well together.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If they had a cartoon character with their eyes popping out of their head, jaw falling three feet to the floor, and then the tongue unrolling several feet, that's what I'd put right here.

That gun is a work of art!

The whole package looks smooth and flows incredibly well together.

This is the best that I could find with a little search...

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
The world needs more blued guns.

I might get beat over it but I hate seeing a custom gun with a lot of time and money put into it only to get a coat of spray paint. I know, it has its place but to me its not on my pistols.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had originally posted some dimensions, but I thought a bit about the post and came to a conclusion that I hope you all understand:

Since these options are not my innovation, I am going to have to respect the person I sought permission from and keep this information confidential.  This is a technical forum indeed, but sharing this kind of information reflects poorly on my part and I hope you all understand that this is not my intellectual property and publishing that information could lead to problems such as losing the blessing on offering these options.  By sharing that information, I borrow and idea and then give it to somebody else...and that is not good.  That is very unprofessional.

I should have thought that through before I made the post.

Take care,
Bob

I understand completely. It was a little remiss of me to ask for specific dimensions. I guess it'll just have to be trial and error then
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I have to say that is one of the nicest guns I have ever seen. In fact, I think it may be the best one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#11]
wow
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:08:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I might get beat over it but I hate seeing a custom gun with a lot of time and money put into it only to get a coat of spray paint. I know, it has its place but to me its not on my pistols.

I'm with you.  I hate seeing nice custom guns gain a bit of holster character only to have the finish end up looking like a beat-up, prison yard picnic table.

If blue won't cut it, Ionbond or hardchrome.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Another fantastic piece from Bob Miller.

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#14]
insane...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm sorry guys, I just really like the heller guns
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.millercustom.com/S1030028.JPG

I'm sorry guys, I just really like the heller guns

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top