Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2018 11:44:52 PM EDT
Recently I've been on bit of a Beretta kick, searching and reading more about them in the past weeks than I have done in the past 5 years.  Granted, I've always loved the platform just started drinking the Glock koolaid and forgot about all other manufacturers.

I had just last month traded for a M9, which was advertised in the listing when I got it as "Beretta $400" from someone stationed down at Fort Bragg. After getting that, and slowly upgrading springs and parts from Wilson Combat I've been looking for a new Beretta to add to the stable.

I've had my eyes out for either a Centurion or a Compact, but knew I'd be hard pressed to find onein my area unless I went to a certain store in my town that deals in alot of police surplus Berettas, but guys who run that store are huge d-bags and I hate going in their unless my addiction forces me in there.

Scanning through armslist yesterday I happened upon a Beretta 92FS Compact being listed with 4 compact magazines, a 17 round Beretta magazine, one surplus USGI magazine, three holsters (one Beretta marked leather IWB holster, one FDE Serpa Blackhawk hip holster, and a Black Arch IWB), Hogue Rosewood grips,and factory case for $500. Being cash poor I sent a text asking if had any trade interest. Had low expectations of deal actually transpiring due to fact guy was in Jacksonville close to two hours away but got a response right back.

Granted, I was flying by seat of my pants but only gun I had I was even remotely interested in parting with was a CZ P07 I had bought earlier this year. Store I had bought it from was running a sale, coupled with fact I buy alot from them I was able to get the gun for the sum of a whooping $370 no tax OTD. Granted, I thoroughly enjoyed the  P07, but it didn't get my blood flowing like the Beretta. Plus, I already have a nice stash of Beretta magazines that would be interchangeable with the 92FS Compact.

I offered, expecting to be told to go pound sand.  But turns out, he had been wanting to buy a P07 but told himself could only after the  Beretta sold. After some questions back and forth, we agreed upon a trade and event split the drive and meet halfway for both of us.

All in all, very happy to add this to the collection. Already planning out a few things I want to do to it. This one will probably get a Langdon trigger job in the bag kit, and more than likely be sent to somewhere to get the fiber optic fromt sight upgrade. Though only company I know that does that modification is Wilson Combat and Alleghany

And of course, pictures
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 11:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow! Nice trade, I’d be all over that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow! Nice trade, I'd be all over that.
View Quote
@alphabavo

I definitely feel like I got the better end of the deal, but he was pleased with the P07 so as long as both parties are happy, who cares
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!  I like it!

I've got an M9 and a stainless 92FS, and have been jonesing for a PX4 after seeing them online and at gun shows.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Gorgeous grab OP! I personally love my Compact-L, though it's more a range queen while my P07 is generally the beater carry.

In addition to the trigger job in a bag, I'd say the Wilson Combat short reach trigger and their guide rod, recoil spring, and buffer really help to tie the set together. Tooltech is also another option for the sights (still need to get that done myself).
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Impressive.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Sweet deal.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats on a great deal. I've become a huge fan of the compact after picking up a Wilson Compact Carry recently.

It really is a shame that Beretta still doesn't offer dovetailed sights on the compact models. Even my Wilson Compact Carry has a fixed front sight.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Great deal.

I traded a $350 leo trade in p226 for mine.

As it sits now I have Wilson thin grips on it, a trigger job, and a vertec slide with a front night sight and g levers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gorgeous grab OP! I personally love my Compact-L, though it's more a range queen while my P07 is generally the beater carry.

In addition to the trigger job in a bag, I'd say the Wilson Combat short reach trigger and their guide rod, recoil spring, and buffer really help to tie the set together. Tooltech is also another option for the sights (still need to get that done myself).
View Quote
@StraightMiataMan

Definitely planning on the WC SRT, as well as the TCU because that's something I just personally prefer.

Haven't tried any if their buffers yet, but would be interested in hearing experiences

I'm interested to see if Tooltech will just mill the front sight for a dovetail and put an Ameriglo in it for me so I can run a Wilson Combat rear. I've got to where I prefer a blacked out rear sight anyways.

Planning on sending them an email to find out, will advise
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Congrats on a great deal. I've become a huge fan of the compact after picking up a Wilson Compact Carry recently.

It really is a shame that Beretta still doesn't offer dovetailed sights on the compact models. Even my Wilson Compact Carry has a fixed front sight.
View Quote
@fnforme

I've been lusting after a Centurion for awhile now, this is close enough for me

I agree 100% about the dovetail sight, that's my only major gripe with Beretta
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Great deal.

I traded a $350 leo trade in p226 for mine.

As it sits now I have Wilson thin grips on it, a trigger job, and a vertec slide with a front night sight and g levers.
View Quote
@03RN

What holsters do you use? If I remember correctly you mainly AIWB correct? I'm planning on just IWB cause that's what I've always done and when I tried AIWB I could never get comfortable

Also, which vertec slide did you use?
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@03RN

What holsters do you use? If I remember correctly you mainly AIWB correct? I'm planning on just IWB cause that's what I've always done and when I tried AIWB I could never get comfortable

Also, which vertec slide did you use?
View Quote
Yea, primarily a jmcustom aiwb. I also use a Ryan Grizzle horsehide iwb that's a summer special clone.

I picked up one of the blemished slides from Beretta. The rear serrations on the r hand side of the slide or a little farther back. Besides that it's fine.

The compact slide does cycle faster and I installed a gold bead. I just like having tritium.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:52:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I actually have a Wilson Centurion too and I prefer the Brig Tac or the Comp Carry. Many disagree but I guess it comes down to personal preference. I just ordered a Langdon LTT and that seems to be the best of all worlds so we will see how it compares.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@StraightMiataMan

Definitely planning on the WC SRT, as well as the TCU because that's something I just personally prefer.

Haven't tried any if their buffers yet, but would be interested in hearing experiences

I'm interested to see if Tooltech will just mill the front sight for a dovetail and put an Ameriglo in it for me so I can run a Wilson Combat rear. I've got to where I prefer a blacked out rear sight anyways.

Planning on sending them an email to find out, will advise
View Quote
I personally love the buffer. I've ran 115-124gr in it, light loaded aluminum casing to full power NATO brass, and still the only malfunction I've ever had was a few light strikes from running the 12# spring. It definitely does seem to help soften out the recoil to a bit more of a shove than a kick.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Well done
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#16]
You definitely made out on that deal.  That's a sexy ass gun.

I keep saying I will buy a 92 some day and I want a compact.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You definitely made out on that deal.  That's a sexy ass gun.

I keep saying I will buy a 92 some day and I want a compact.
View Quote
@gotuonpaper

I kept saying I was going to buy a Centurion, ended up with a compact instead. Either way I'm happy

You need to go ahead and buy one, they are very addictive
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I personally love the buffer. I've ran 115-124gr in it, light loaded aluminum casing to full power NATO brass, and still the only malfunction I've ever had was a few light strikes from running the 12# spring. It definitely does seem to help soften out the recoil to a bit more of a shove than a kick.
View Quote
@StraightMiataMan

Might have to pick some up on my next order from WC. They are cheap enough I can do some playing around with. Though I probably won't use any in the Compact since I'm planning on it being an occasional CCW piece
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Got all excited tonight, was going to install a G Conversion in the Compact as well as my 92F. Had recently bought one kit and the other had been sitting around for awhile that I'd received as a gift.

Started with the 92F since that gun is soon to be back enroute to my dad since he loves that gun. Got everything disassembled, opened up the G Kit and I'm missing my right side lever. The kit I just recently bought had it so stole it until I can get a call into Beretta.

Hopefully they do me right
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@StraightMiataMan

Might have to pick some up on my next order from WC. They are cheap enough I can do some playing around with. Though I probably won't use any in the Compact since I'm planning on it being an occasional CCW piece
View Quote
I'd still say go for it tbh, I think I'm nearing 1k rounds on the 14# with 0 malfunctions. It's only down to the 12lb (which is like 8-10lbs lower than stock) that I had a few malfunctions.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I've had a Compact for about a year now. Love the gun but I too wish for a better front sight.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I once read that the FS slides are too thin to machine for a sight dovetail?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've had a Compact for about a year now. Love the gun but I too wish for a better front sight.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I once read that the FS slides are too thin to machine for a sight dovetail?
View Quote
@BobCole

According to the email I got from Aimee Langdon thats the truth. Kind of disappointed, but I'll just save my funds and invest in a trip to Wilson Combat for their sights. Just sucks I can't go ahead and install my G kit cause they don't work on guns already worked on.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Well have my 92 Compact just about where I want it, just need to put some more rounds through it before I start carrying it.

Will eventually be sending the slide off to have the front sight milled for a fiber optic.

Upgrades include
-Beretta G conversion kit
-Beretta skeleton hammer
-Beretta D spring
-Wilson Combat TCU
-Wilson Combat Short Reach Trigger
-Wilson Combat #16 extra power recoil spring
-Wilson Combat checkered oversize magazine release
-Wilson Combat/VZ grips black/grey grips modified by WAL on berettaforum.net to have Beretta emblem

So far, has been a great gun and really enjoying it
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#24]
I hate you OP, well done
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I hate you OP, well done
View Quote
@rarecat

Thanks, it was a fun project to work on. I'd been wanting one of these for quite some time, just worked out as right place right time for a deal to happen.

Still need to get a Comp-Tac holster so I can use it for the Compact and my 92D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top