Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2021 9:09:44 PM EDT
Hey all,

I recently got my Obsidian 9 out of jail. I have piles of 9mm hosts to go with it but none of them have a decent single action trigger.  I really want something that I can do finer target shooting quietly in my yard and my 1911s fit that well.  9mm suppressed is silly quiet and I reload the heck out of subsonic 9mm for my other pistols.

I have a P210 Target but there just aren't any threaded barrels for it. I bought it hoping that one would appear but so far nothing. Booooo.

So - is there a reasonably priced ($1K-ish but I'm flexible) 9mm 1911 with a factory threaded barrel?

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:20:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't find a decent one in that price range and it looks like Dan Wesson removed their threaded barrel options unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I know this is a 1911 question and to directly answer your question... I'm not aware of any 9mm 1911's setup for suppressor use that retail for ~$1k?

Alternately you may want to consider a P226 SAO (Either a Legion or Elite model if you can find one?). P226's are great suppressor hosts and my Legion SAO will outperform most if not all sub $2k 1911s in both the trigger and accuracy depts plus you get almost 2x the capacity. Neither of these Sig models come with a threaded barrels or taller sights but those parts are easy to find can be retrofitted easier then the equivalent 1911 parts. Just offering up an alternative.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#3]
A used DW Vigil or Guardian with threaded barrel if your lucky.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#4]
not gonna happen* (this was the finding from my research on the same subject)

you used to be able to find decent enough 1911s in 9mm for like $800 and then a drop in storm lake or similar barrel for $200 and be set, as long as you didn't care about higher sights or anything like that. Now? not sure that's gonna happen. Hell M&P 9mm with threaded barrels were under $500 but I doubt that's true currently.

147gn subs were also about as expensive as 230gn 45acp before all this drama, so really wasn't a cost savings. That's why I just dropped a threaded barrel in my 45 and called it good.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Sigh.  Thanks all!  I was afraid of this . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top