Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2020 2:20:21 AM EDT
Saw this at a local gun counter today. $1250!!

There's one on gunbroker for $595 shipped. What the hell is this guy smoking?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Who knows? Always difficult to compare two different things without complete information like new, used, generation, accesories, custom features and any of the myriad of things that people put value on that plus up the cost of a gun. I don't know if it is still that way in CT but there was a time not that long ago that a pre-ban AR receiver would sell for $700-$1000 or more! Another reason that things get plus up. Also, while the price on gunbroker is one thing getting it in your hand after shipping and an FFL fee always adds something as much as a $100 in some cases.

Anyway, good luck with you search.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#2]
It's probably some special edition or version. $1250 might be a steal for the right Glock. You should buy it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#3]
The question is if everything else in the shop normal priced or is this guy trying to make a few extra bucks from the pandemic?

If everything in the store is overpriced, maybe you can report him to your local state's attorney general office. The glock you mentioned, if it is the baseline common model, is priced at double the going rate. If everything else is normal price, then I would inquiry into what makes that one so overpriced.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#4]
The only rare Glock that will fetch a premium price that I know of is the G19.1.  Yes a few one off Glocks that are special edition of some type or historically significant pistols might fall in that category but for the most part Glock produced thousands of just about every Glock.  Some might pay premium prices for Gen2 and 1 pistols just because they want it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:44:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Prior to the Covid spin, 24's were undervalued and all over GB for around 545 for NIB old stock. Used models 450 or less.

Great guns but that price is just crazy high.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never even seen one of those
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Saw a SAI worked over Glock 21 on consignment at a shop for $2,000.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top