Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2021 3:30:57 PM EDT
i been wanting to fly off my property as with busy lives time to and from the airport plus the hangar expense plus the hassle of dealing with "communal" property.  

so, i started thinking certified, then i went to ultralights, then i pondered breakin my legs in the tail wheel kolb firefly, and thn i found the zenith 701.  

long story long,  i started thinking about lighter , cheesier aircraft after i was outside one day and realized that i could hear stuff, and took me awhile to figure out what it was.  calm weather.   that got me thinking about ultralights, as the typical, i assume, 30 knot evening winds every day in the summer wouldnt allow me to tool around the neighborhood in a tiny plane.  

so, question is, anyone have a good source of weather data trends?  i been on noaas site but its a butt pain and doesnt give me  the data i want, basically just an aggregate of all winds speeds of any given year.... does such an animal exist?  

i was just wondering if the year in question was more or less windy than any other year.  anyways...
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been logging METAR and TAF data from NOAA since 2013. What do you need?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top