Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#1]
i know you didn't mean eddie hall.  i just couldn't remember if his record was conventional or sumo and wanted to see if most of the big numbers guys do it sumo or conventional.

those guys mentioned in the previous post are crazy, larry wheels etc.  but they are on so much chemical enhancement it's crazy.

larry tore his bicep tendon the same week i did my first one and he was back to training after like a couple months and now his buddy just tore his pec tendon same week i tore my pec muscle lol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not that Coan etc, aren't just simply amazing, but 220 at 5'6" is not the same as 220 at 6'3"+

For the actual amount of "work" (lbs x distance), being short is a huge advantage. It's also a huge mechanical advantage, just in terms of engineering a human body.
View Quote

Of course. You could say that about anything.

Athletic ability,  body size,  muscle shape, intelligence, work ethic. All of those things make you what you are. Athletics, career,  dating,  shooting, dog training.

I could easily say coan is impressive but his world records from good work ethic arent the same as my personal records with shit work ethic and lackluster effort 3 days a week. He was engineered from a mental perspective to lift where i wasn't.  He has an advantage. Of course he does as far as that's concerned.

That doesn't really pertain to anything.  We don't want to see the most disadvantaged crappy athlete do more than he was destined for at a sport he wasn't made for.  

We want to see the most roided up (even if we lie to ourselves and say they are natural) freaks to ever walk the planet do elite spectacular things bc they are put on this planet to do that one specific thing at a level never seen before.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i know you didn't mean eddie hall.  i just couldn't remember if his record was conventional or sumo and wanted to see if most of the big numbers guys do it sumo or conventional.

those guys mentioned in the previous post are crazy, larry wheels etc.  but they are on so much chemical enhancement it's crazy.

larry tore his bicep tendon the same week i did my first one and he was back to training after like a couple months and now his buddy just tore his pec tendon same week i tore my pec muscle lol.
View Quote

I'm on trt including deca for joints. I sprained my ankle badly on xmas. Possibly minor fracture but i never went to the ortho bc it healed so fast.  

The er dr said bc of the severity, id be on crutches for a few weeks and wouldn't be 100% for 4 to 6 weeks.  

No crutches at day 2, 0 pain at day 3.5

I had elbow pain most of my life.  1 shot of deca and my elbows didn't hurt at all by day. I have shit genetics but i can kind of see how these athletes do what they when they take so many drugs.  

I battle high blood pressure so i really admire how many drugs these guys take without dying.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm on trt including deca for joints. I sprained my ankle badly on xmas. Possibly minor fracture but i never went to the ortho bc it healed so fast.  

The er dr said bc of the severity, id be on crutches for a few weeks and wouldn't be 100% for 4 to 6 weeks.  

I had elbow pain most of my life.  1 shot of deca and my elbows didn't hurt at all by day. I have shit genetics but i can kind of see how these athletes do what they when they take so many drugs.  

I battle high blood pressure so i really admire how many drugs these guys take without dying.

View Quote

i just got a blood draw yesterday morning too check my test levels and other things.  we will see what they say.  I'll be fairly impressed if I've hit my current lifting levels on a shit test level.

is deca just a pain killer/reliever?

i take turmeric, magnesium, fish oil, glucosamine with msm along with my other vitamins and stuff and will say that my joint pain and overall muscle tension/pain is almost non-existent.  i ran out of turmeric for a few days and felt like i was hit by a bus
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i know it's not cheating, for me i guess it's just not in the proper spirit of the lift.  there's just not as much movement of the weights.  that's why i said i don't mind them as a training aid, i just wouldn't use it to gauge my maximum.

i double checked and Eddie halls pull was conventional.

View Quote

Seems more natural to me.

Go lift up a heavy box off the ground, knees will be out and arms will be inside your legs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not that Coan etc, aren't just simply amazing, but 220 at 5'6" is not the same as 220 at 6'3"+

For the actual amount of "work" (lbs x distance), being short is a huge advantage. It's also a huge mechanical advantage, just in terms of engineering a human body.
View Quote

How about not only a unofficial world record, but likely the furthest, and fastest a bar of that weight has ever traveled too?

He's 6'6" and that is 490lbs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How about not only a unofficial world record, but likely the furthest, and fastest a bar of that weight has ever traveled too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q56kSZhwGM

View Quote

Holy shit that is impressive. I need to learn how to snatch.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

i just got a blood draw yesterday morning too check my test levels and other things.  we will see what they say.  I'll be fairly impressed if I've hit my current lifting levels on a shit test level.

i take turmeric, magnesium, fish oil, glucosamine with msm along with my other vitamins and stuff and will say that my joint pain and overall muscle tension/pain is almost non-existent.  i ran out of turmeric for a few days and felt like i was hit by a bus
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deca durabolin (nandrolone decanoate). It's an anabolic steroid that grows joint tissue.  Bodybuilders take either it or eq which is a similar steroid for horses as a base with test.  You want to take about half the deca that you do test. Makes you retain water also.

Deca, test, and growth are about all you can get legally for trt. And test is the main one. Deca and hgh are often abused.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q56kSZhwGM

View Quote

Damn, that's insane. Ever more impressive that he looks like he could easily add substantially more weight.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:58:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m a huge Ed Coan fan

That said, if John Haack continues like he’s been doing, he may very well end up being the GOAT

2132 @ 198 with a world record bench of 573 and almost pulling the WR deadlift of 882

2000 @ 181 with a WR deadlift of 799

Dude is an absolute freak
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#11]
For your average person, I'd consider a 225 bench, 315 squat, 405 deadlift as goals to work toward (they are my own goals).

Been doing StrongLifts since January 13th. Currently at 175 bench, 265 squat, and 315 deadlift. Bench has kind of hit a stall (I knew it would, given I took a bullet to the elbow in 2009 and it kinda fucked my arm up real good ), but I'm working through it.

I'd love to have a 400+ squat and 500+ deadlift, but I'm not sure how realistic the deadlifts are - I know at some point, that elbow is going to have limitations. I'd rather not exceed them and break it any worse...
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Imagine how good this guy would be if just got his deadlift up higher, amiright?

CLEAN & JERK 270 kg - Lasha Talakhadze @talakhadzelasha - Olympic Weightlifting
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Imagine how good this guy would be if just got his deadlift up higher, amiright?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7raBXbvac4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFR7ftBf3Uo
View Quote

Oh, he's stonk alright, but looks like a slob. Wonder what his cardio is like
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:28:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Oh, he's stonk alright, but looks like a slob. Wonder what his cardio is like
View Quote

Pretty sure he couldn't last the day buck'n bails on the ranch that's fo sho.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top