Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/3/2021 4:27:22 PM EDT
don't necessarily mean to attain yourself, just in general.   what weights in bench, squat, deads, curls etc... do you think if you saw it done or you could do yourself would be a serious accomplishment.

let's take bodyweight out for now.

i feel like i have a skewed perspective on this and am curious what others think.  post up your own numbers if you want. don't want this to be a brag thread but you can also be proud of your own hard work.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Your bench is pretty impressive.

It's funny how anything less than what I lift is not impressive, even though it took me years to get where I am.

I guess I would say 4/5/6 plates. You usually have to put in some work to get there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah you definitely get a skewed perception after a while. I've had some tendonitis in my hip so I take it easy with squatting, so usually limit to 3 plates and change. The "average" gym goer is impressed by that....but I go home feeling sorry for myself and my hip hurting squatting only 3 plates
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Watching my 70yo 210# FIL bang out 7 nearly perfect pull-ups was very impressive to me.

As far as weight goes, if in a typical commercial gym seeing anyone full depth squat 225 is rare so anything above that is a bonus.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Normal people would be impressed by 500/400/300.  600/500/400 most serious lifter would be impressed by.  In a gym setting, 3 plates on any lift would make men want to be you and women want to be on you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#5]
so what i meant by my skewed perspective is that I've never been a serious gym guy from the  aspect of following a strict lifting schedule, tracking my food etc...  im lucky if i get a protein shake a day in, i dont hit daily protein goals.

so ive always had it in my head that if I'm able to lift a weight then it must not be that impressive since I'm not super dedicated.  my genetics lean towards easily putting on mass and strength like a power lifter.  I'm currently getting more serious about my diet to try and lean out to see the sweet aesthetics under some of this fat lol.  im 5'11" and 243lbs

I own a construction company so I've always done physical labor, I'm farm strong lol  like on Tuesday when i got 425 on bench, i was splitting wood, moving heavy ass oak rounds all day.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I think the internet skews this a lot, because if you pooled together a bunch of local peers and had them lift, mediocre internet numbers would seem pretty impressive.

For me, I think the old 225 bench, 315 squat, 405 deadlift for a few reps is reasonably impressive among the general population, like if I saw some random normal sized guy do all three, I would know he likely at least puts some effort into training.

But....far more impressive to me to watch are the olympic lifts, they are far more technical, and rely on a lot more than just strength.

It's hard to put a solid number on these things though because of weigh classes. A Brian Shaw sized guy vs Jeff Nippard sized guy will have a huge gap between what their weight and frame size will actually allow them to move, so comparing the two is silly.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#7]
A farm boy in seventh grade could bench 200.

A skinny guy in 10th squatted no *leg pressed* 950.

Big guy in 12th benched 550.

Those were some of the strongest kids.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#8]
For years all I wanted was to bench 315.  After that I said I wanted to bench 405 but never made it.  I did get 365 but during that time my shoulder was always hurting and at 40 years old maybe it was time to quit worrying about that.  

Around here anything over 315 bench is impressive and 405 + is pretty damn rare.  

Nobody seems to care about squat or deadlift.  

Now I just want to actually look better but as long as I can still bench 315 even for a single I consider that a good level of strength.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#9]
How can you take bodyweight out of it?

Some 250 lbs dude who's 5'4" and a block build squatting or deadlifting 405 isn't that impressive. Some 6'3 skinny dude squatting 405 is impressive.

I'd say in general if you're at a regular gym, 4 plates on squat or deadlift is impressive to 99% of the girls there, which is the only thing that matters. Three plates on bench. 75lbs + on any dumbbell lift.

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#10]
This is speaking more to weightlifting but still applies to the big three.  I'm more impressed by technique than weight.

Of course everyone loves to see world records, but I don't want to see a high squat or a hitched deadlift or a bounced bench.  Just like I fucking hate watching some high school football bro starfish power clean 405.  

Then there's those guys/gals that just make lifts look beautiful.  

There was a dude in GD a long time ago that posted some of his benching video's.  He was moving good weight, especially to guys that "lifted in high school," maybe mid 300's.  Point is, I don't remember the weight, didn't matter.  But I do remember how he handled it.  Every rep, controlled and purposeful.  No excess motion, no struggle grind, flaring elbows shit.  Just great lifts.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some 250 lbs dude who's 5'4" and a block build squatting or deadlifting 405 isn't that impressive. Some 6'3 skinny dude squatting 405 is impressive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Funny, I see it the opposite. Every powerlifting meet I got whipped at was by dudes 5+ inches taller than me. Some looked like they just walked in off the street, those felt the worst.

Quoted:
I'd say in general if you're at a regular gym, 4 plates on squat or deadlift is impressive to 99% of the girlscurlbros there,

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is speaking more to weightlifting but still applies to the big three.  I'm more impressed by technique than weight.

Of course everyone loves to see world records, but I don't want to see a high squat or a hitched deadlift or a bounced bench.  Just like I fucking hate watching some high school football bro starfish power clean 405.  

Then there's those guys/gals that just make lifts look beautiful.  

There was a dude in GD a long time ago that posted some of his benching video's.  He was moving good weight, especially to guys that "lifted in high school," maybe mid 300's.  Point is, I don't remember the weight, didn't matter.  But I do remember how he handled it.  Every rep, controlled and purposeful.  No excess motion, no struggle grind, flaring elbows shit.  Just great lifts.
View Quote

That's kind of a false dilemma. They were asking about lift numbers.  A high squat isn't a squat, it's a failed lift.  A hitched or ramped dead isn't a dead,  it's a failed lift.  

Slow and control with no struggle is good,  but that's not a max.  I like to see nasty slow grinders. If it isn't rpe 11, I'm not interested.

Now if you like technique,  then weightlifting should be your thing.  Lot of skill in that.  No grinders. Just years of technical ability.

And anyone who has trained is going to struggle to ignore bodyweight. That's kind of the whole thing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:35:33 PM EDT
[#13]
i only said to ignore bodyweight just to simplify the discussion, nothing more.  

i didn't want people to have to bracket different numbers for different weight classes.

i came across this chart and wanted to know if it's legit or just some bs.

strength level standards
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:02:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
i only said to ignore bodyweight just to simplify the discussion, nothing more.  

i didn't want people to have to bracket different numbers for different weight classes.

i came across this chart and wanted to know if it's legit or just some bs.

strength level standards
View Quote

Well,  it basically turns the discussion into nothing. A 600 pound deadlift for a guy weighing is 350 is very very different than a guy weighing 165. One is nearly a world record,  the other is nothing. Just a fat intermediate trying to get healthy.

It's just a chart with some ranges,  nothing more.  Ive used it, their elite numbers used to correspond fairly closely with "elite" as defined by various powerlifting feds.

You'll notice it's all listed by bodyweight.  Bc bodyweight is kind of the whole thing.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well,  it basically turns the discussion into nothing. A 600 pound deadlift for a guy weighing is 350 is very very different than a guy weighing 165. One is nearly a world record,  the other is nothing. Just a fat intermediate trying to get healthy.

It's just a chart with some ranges,  nothing more.  Ive used it, their elite numbers used to correspond fairly closely with "elite" as defined by various powerlifting feds.

You'll notice it's all listed by bodyweight.  Bc bodyweight is kind of the whole thing.
View Quote

just curious how much you weigh.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im 205 currently, 5'9". Me at 232 full of carbs and force feeding myself every day and me at 205 eating dainty portions are not the same guy strength wise.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Aren't there entirely too many variables for an answer?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's kind of a false dilemma. They were asking about lift numbers.  A high squat isn't a squat, it's a failed lift.  A hitched or ramped dead isn't a dead,  it's a failed lift.  

Slow and control with no struggle is good,  but that's not a max.  I like to see nasty slow grinders. If it isn't rpe 11, I'm not interested.

Now if you like technique,  then weightlifting should be your thing.  Lot of skill in that.  No grinders. Just years of technical ability.

And anyone who has trained is going to struggle to ignore bodyweight. That's kind of the whole thing.
View Quote

He asked what I considered impressive.  Cliche video of my point.  

Olympic Squats vs Powerlifting Squats

Now if you ask Laura what she squats, she'll probably say 775, which sounds fucking incredible.  

But to me, Lydia (who is also a 75kg lifter) squatting 400 for a double is MUCH more impressive.  

Lydia Valentin Heavy Squat Session (180kg x2!) & Hang Snatches 2017 Worlds Training Hall

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:19:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

Now if you ask Laura what she squats, she'll probably say 775, which sounds fucking incredible.  

But to me, Lydia (who is also a 75kg lifter) squatting 400 for a double is MUCH more impressive.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar9tG0vPPTo

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar9tG0vPPTo

Those deep paused atg squats with heavy weight have always baffled me.  Just confirms that as alpha as my wife says i am,  I'm a beta cuckboy who only goes to depth and then stops like one of tony huges lady boys when the camera starts rolling. I am disappoint.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#20]
sumo anything should never be considered legit for a max.  you can do them to your hearts content as a training aid, but if you come to me and tell me your deadlift is 700 and you proceed to sumo it, I'll laugh at you.

same shit with basically doing a decline bench with your massive arch.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:23:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
sumo anything should never be considered legit for a max.  you can do them to your hearts content as a training aid, but if you come to me and tell me your deadlift is 700 and you proceed to sumo it, I'll laugh at you.

View Quote

Care to explain why? I assuming we are talking about powerlifting and those are legal in all federations that im aware of.  

My 2 cents.  

I don't do either.  My spine isn't mobile and i don't have as much strength in sumo as conventional.

But ive noticed that most people with a super mobile lumbar spine have less strength so it's kind of a wash.  When i think about the heaviest lifts of all time,  none of them have a substantial arch and sumo is about as common as conventional. If it were easier itd be more common.  

I'm not saying you're wrong,  just curious about your opinion.

What do you think about geared lifting? I enjoy raw or raw plus wraps the most but i can appreciate dave hoffs 3000 pounds plus total. Still turned off by the gear though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:14:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ever tried sumo?  It looks easy, but it's not. at. all.
Besides, the biggest comp winning/record setting deads are all conventional, so maybe rethink that.

Same with the yuge bench arch. It's a valid method. You can use it in competition. The biggest weights on raw bench happen with a standard arch, or flat back.

Why laugh at anybody who is putting in work, and doing valid lifts? Not mature or sportsmanlike at all.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why? For some people sumo is actually harder because of leverages.

They got the weight off the floor.

Do you also disapprove of the continental clean and press in strongman? It's sometimes ugly, but they get the weight up and overhead.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Besides, the biggest comp winning/record setting deads are all conventional, so maybe rethink that.

Same with the yuge bench arch. It's a valid method. You can use it in competition. The biggest weights on raw bench happen with a standard arch, or flat back.

Why laugh at anybody who is putting in work, and doing valid lifts? Not mature or sportsmanlike at all.
View Quote

This 4" range of motion using a wide grip and excessive arch just doesn't do it for me.

CRAZY BENCH PRESS ARCHES .....THIS HURTS MY BACK JUST WATCHING!

Again, this first chick is probably like a 48kg lifter and is "benching" 80kg+, sounds great and hell, might be totally legal is some feds, but come on naw.....
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This 4" range of motion using a wide grip and excessive arch just doesn't do it for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf_5vajuS2M

Again, this first chick is probably like a 48kg lifter and is "benching" 80kg+, sounds great and hell, might be totally legal is some feds, but come on naw.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf_5vajuS2M

This one is a classic.

Olympic Squats vs Powerlifting Squats
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#26]
i was going to type a reply but those videos demonstrated my point much more succintly lol
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Pretty well takes a 2k total to impress me at this point

800 squat in sleeves/500 raw bench/800 deadlift are all impressive single lifts
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:47:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Maybe 15 years ago but at this point its pretty unfair to make a powerlifting compilation and only show multiply lifters.

Almost no one that watches powerlifting watches multiply. It's a very small niche.

And they don't squat in the Olympics.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Maybe 15 years ago but at this point its pretty unfair to make a powerlifting compilation and only show multiply lifters.

Almost no one that watches powerlifting watches multiply. It's a very small niche.

And they don't squat in the Olympics.
View Quote

It's still funny though.

Like crossfit fail compilations. We know a lot of people that do crossfit aren't being tards, but it's fun to watch the ones that are get wadded up.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's still funny though.

Like crossfit fail compilations. We know a lot of people that do crossfit aren't being tards, but it's fun to watch the ones that are get wadded up
View Quote

my buddy hit his head while getting off the decline bench today, i told him we don't do crossfit in this gym.

also what are multiply lifters?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

my buddy hit his head while getting off the decline bench today, i told him we don't do crossfit in this gym.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's still funny though.

Like crossfit fail compilations. We know a lot of people that do crossfit aren't being tards, but it's fun to watch the ones that are get wadded up

That lifting compilation where no one squated to depth.  

First of all,  you can take a squat to depth or not to depth,  change the camera height/angle and it changes it from one to the other. Ive seen fact finding videos showing it, i never would have guessed it could make that much difference.

Those gold suits that said "inzer" were multiply squat suits. Geared lifting fell out of popularity bc of the bullshit depth calls and the fact that its hard to relate to.  It can take 20 minutes+ 3 men to get you in and out of a squat suit or bench shirt.

Bench shirts assist enough that sometimes the lifter has to pull the weight down the last few inches bc it won't go.  Or if they wore the wrong shirt for their bodyweight they can't physically get the bar to touch their chest.  If a shirt fits you correctly at 226 bodyweight, you might not be able to get the bar to your chest at 239.

The raw bench record was broken again last week and stands at....785ish. Which has increased a lot bc of one guy.  The geared record is like 1100 and no one cared.

Raw or raw+wraps are all anyone cares about anymore.  Most geared lifters are morbidly obese and look like methed out bikers that beat their wives.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#32]
thanks for the clarification.

i do have a slingshot that i used a lot when i was chasing 450 to help me rep out 405. it made a huge difference, i could do more than double the reps i could raw.

BUT... my 430 was a legit, no assist lift.  I'll get video when i get 450 in a month or two, if i don't tear something else.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
thanks for the clarification.

i do have a slingshot that i used a lot when i was chasing 450 to help me rep out 405. it made a huge difference, i could do more than double the reps i could raw.

BUT... my 430 was a legit, no assist lift.  I'll get video when i get 450 in a month or two, if i don't tear something else.
View Quote

Your boy mark bell was a big geared lifter.  If i recall he squated 1080 multiply and benched 9 in a shirt.

I have the elbow cuffs but never tried anything else
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Several different thoughts here. I’ll try to separate them.

Powerlifting form and bodybuilding form are very different disciplines.  Leg drive and arch are a powerlifting thing and although the range of motion is different, they move an impressive amount of weight and shouldn’t be discounted.

Conventional and Sumo deadlifts are also different disciplines and rely on different muscle groups.

But the topic is what’s strong?  
2 plates for a standing military press?
3 plates for a front squat?  

Lots of variables.
I think for the average Powehouse or Anytime Fitness, 3 plates for bench or back squat is an awesome achievement and 4 plates for a deadlift.

Raw.  Like bareback... nothin supplemental

I was recently astounded when I observed a petite female crank out sets of awesome squats with 225 on the bar.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 1:41:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Several different thoughts here. I’ll try to separate them.

Powerlifting form and bodybuilding form are very different disciplines.  Leg drive and arch are a powerlifting thing and although the range of motion is different, they move an impressive amount of weight and shouldn’t be discounted.

Conventional and Sumo deadlifts are also different disciplines and rely on different muscle groups.

But the topic is what’s strong?  
2 plates for a standing military press?
3 plates for a front squat?  

Lots of variables.
I think for the average Powehouse or Anytime Fitness, 3 plates for bench or back squat is an awesome achievement and 4 plates for a deadlift.

Raw.  Like bareback... nothin supplemental

I was recently astounded when I observed a petite female crank out sets of awesome squats with 225 on the bar.
View Quote

You think a dude benching the same as he can squat is impressive?
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

For the average gym member seeing another average gym member, yes.  

Not everyone eats three trenbalone sammichs a day and desires to deadlift a compact car

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope this is part of some weird online persona and you're not like this in real life.. You laughing at anyone's max lift means you really need to work on yourself. That's douchebag behavior.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not everyone eats three trenbalone sammichs a day and desires to deadlift a compact car

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think what he's saying is your numbers don't balance. Those dead and squat numbers aren't even close to that bench number.

If you were looking at it in a weight class,  the guy would have an elite bench,  but would be novice in deads and squats.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I always thought 6.022140761023 was impressive.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#40]
To me, the numbers are relative to bodyweight.  Theres a smaller guy that comes in, weighs maybe 160 or so at 5'7".  He squats 3 plates and could do more.  Full depth, great form.  On the bench he throws up ~250 with a flat back and nearly zero leg drive.  He's A machine.

Conversely, there's A powerlifter that I know who gears up on the bench in a shirt he can't put on himself.  Its as thick as body armor and custom fit to him.  As someone else mentioned, he has to pull the bar down if it isn't loaded to 400+.

Now the big guy is moving serious weight, but its far less impressive to me than the smaller guy.  I appreciate proper form more than just sheer weight.  I equate it to swinging on the pull up bar vs being in control all the way up and down.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I hope this is part of some weird online persona and you're not like this in real life.. You laughing at anyone's max lift means you really need to work on yourself. That's douchebag behavior.
View Quote

your absolutely correct.  I'm a very humble gym rat in real life which was the impetus of this thread.  I've always had the mindset that whatever weights i can lift aren't really all that impressive so i made this thread to see if my perspective was really skewed.

that comment was mostly generated after seeing several people in my gym using modified forms like a sumo deadlift where there was no back involvement and was mainly a leg press for a much smaller range of motion than a conventional deadlift would yield.  same thing with a guy using a crazy arch on bench to move the bar all of 4 inches with weight that would've never have happens with proper form. or another that was going around telling people he did 315 for a dozen reps, but wasn't mentioning the fact that it was using a slimgshot.

if your going to go up to anyone and talk about a max or pr, then it should be using a conventional form without the use of mechanical aids. simple as that

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

your absolutely correct.  I'm a very humble gym rat in real life which was the impetus of this thread.  I've always had the mindset that whatever weights i can lift aren't really all that impressive so i made this thread to see if my perspective was really skewed.

that comment was mostly generated after seeing several people in my gym using modified forms like a sumo deadlift where there was no back involvement and was mainly a leg press for a much smaller range of motion than a conventional deadlift would yield.  same thing with a guy using a crazy arch on bench to move the bar all of 4 inches with weight that would've never have happens with proper form. or another that was going around telling people he did 315 for a dozen reps, but wasn't mentioning the fact that it was using a slimgshot.

if your going to go up to anyone and talk about a max or pr, then it should be using a conventional form without the use of mechanical aids. simple as that

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#43]
What I think is impressive keeps going up as I improve.

However, for most people, I feel being able to rep 225, 315, 405 for bench, squat, DL is a good base and probably sufficient.

You won’t be a beast by any means, but you’ll be stronger than 90% of folks walking around.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What I think is impressive keeps going up as I improve.

However, for most people, I feel being able to rep 225, 315, 405 for bench, squat, DL is a good base and probably sufficient.

You won’t be a beast by any means, but you’ll be stronger than 90% of folks walking around.
View Quote

You'll likely look pretty good too as long as your body fat is reasonable.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You'll likely look pretty good too as long as your body fat is reasonable.
View Quote

Yeah. I probably looked my best around those numbers.

Now, I’m easily 20-25% but goddamn my deadlift is good.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:51:20 AM EDT
[#46]
In my opinion, Ed Coan is the greatest powerlifter of all time.  His 901 deadlift at a bodyweight of 220 was done sumo and is a thing of perfection.  

I prefer a conventional deadlift myself.  A sumo pull like Coan’s isn’t like cheating or something.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#47]
i know it's not cheating, for me i guess it's just not in the proper spirit of the lift.  there's just not as much movement of the weights.  that's why i said i don't mind them as a training aid, i just wouldn't use it to gauge my maximum.

i double checked and Eddie halls pull was conventional.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
i know it's not cheating, for me i guess it's just not in the proper spirit of the lift.  there's just not as much movement of the weights.  that's why i said i don't mind them as a training aid, i just wouldn't use it to gauge my maximum.

View Quote

Ed Coan, not Eddie Hall. 901 at 220 raw.  Coan the the GOAT.

Ed Coan - 901lb Deadlift @ 220lb + 920lb attempt(BETTER QUALITY) RAW

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktDvrxWJzi0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktDvrxWJzi0

Coan is a genetic freak.  Joe ladnier. Julius maddox.  Larry wheels. Kai greene. Jay cutler. Ronnie coleman. Louie simmons. Big z. Marius. Those type of guys.  Im a very strong person. If i wasnt focused on business I'm pretty confident i could be a decent powerlifter at a national level but it would be a long journey and my joints would be wrecked.

But i hear interviews where these guys talk about squatting 400 at 150 pound bodyweight the first time they ever squatted or benching 450 in highschool. Or having striated glutes at 220 pounds as a natural. Or being 350 with abs. What? Dafuq?

Some people are just born different than we are. Truly amazing.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Not that Coan etc, aren't just simply amazing, but 220 at 5'6" is not the same as 220 at 6'3"+

For the actual amount of "work" (lbs x distance), being short is a huge advantage. It's also a huge mechanical advantage, just in terms of engineering a human body.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top