Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/17/2021 6:57:50 AM EDT
what i hear when someone says they have Covid , is "i have the flu but im saying its Covid because i am a attention seeking dickhole"

and even worse , the dreaded "my cousins great auntie's mailman's uncle daddy works with a guy whos great great great great great great gand father has covid"
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:06:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File
made it in here quick!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Up until recently I hadn't known anyone with Covid. My former coworker texted me and told me he was in the hospital with Covid and not doing good (cancer survivor). I talked to him 3 days ago and he hasn't texted me back, I have no idea if he's alive or not .  Him and I are pretty close as we supervised a graveyard shift together for 2 years.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#4]
My whole family got it and we are waiting to see if my mother in law survives. She  is in the ICU. But go ahead and look down on people that are sick.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
all bullshit
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#6]
and there it is the somber tone of solicited  sympathy and the story of how they know someone who is dying
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
and there it is the somber tone of solicited sympathy and the story of how they know someone who is dying
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:18:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
all bullshit
View Quote

Drinking late or early?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Up until recently I hadn't known anyone with Covid. My former coworker texted me and told me he was in the hospital with Covid and not doing good (cancer survivor). I talked to him 3 days ago and he hasn't texted me back, I have no idea if he's alive or not .  Him and I are pretty close as we supervised a graveyard shift together for 2 years.

View Quote

it took EXACTLY to #3 and #4 posts for the violins to start twanking
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't get any extra time off work if I have the flu.

However, if I say I have, or have been exposed to, Covid I get an extra two weeks that isn't counted against by PTO. Heck, if I say that I've just been exposed to someone with it, I don't even need a Doctor's note.

Seems like an easy choice to me.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#11]
just cant help yourselves
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Go to sleep
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I know several hundred people that tested positive for covid.  Most never got sick.  They're all recovered now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:24:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

However, if I say I have, or have been exposed to, Covid I get an extra two weeks that isn't counted against by PTO. Heck, if I say that I've just been exposed to someone with it, I don't even need a Doctor's note.

View Quote

and this doesn't fit the narrative how?

they are all too eager to accept your false claim of covid poss because that is exactly what they need , more numbers to support their bullshit
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Our plant manager's wife's funeral was Wednesday.  She had been in the ICU since the week after Thanksgiving, because she couldn't get enough oxygen into her bloodstream.  She had co-morbidities, but failing to get enough oxygen into her bloodstream wasn't one of them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

now there is someone out there 3 times removed from your uncle Harveys great auntie on his fathers side whos grocery checkout girl is saying that poor Mech2007 , has the vid , sending prayers
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Im no scientist or infectious disease expert . People test positive show no symptoms whatsoever , some test positive and get sick and say its the worst fever and flu-like sickness they ever had , some test positive and die , I know people in all three categories . Thats all I got
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
what i hear when someone says they have Covid , is "i have the flu but im saying its Covid because i am a attention seeking dickhole"

and even worse , the dreaded "my cousins great auntie's mailman's uncle daddy works with a guy whos great great great great great great gand father has covid"
View Quote

What I see when I read your post is:

OP rejects reality and substitutes his own version because he is not mentally capable of accepting 400,000 Americans have died of Covid so far and at the current death rate will be 500,000 next month.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

OP rejects reality and substitutes his own version because he is not mentally capable of accepting 400,000 Americans have died of Covid so far and at the current death rate will be 500,000 next month.

View Quote

I had a covid patient.  Until we found out he had a hole in his stomach and that's why he was sick. You would still count him as a covid death.  LOL  He's still alive but you would count him as a covid death.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been in and out of major hospitals and jails since the beginning of this.  If you believe the covid death numbers... well.. you're pretty naive.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#21]
We have had some where  around 30 people test positive from it at my place of employment and all but one recovered and are back at work .

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#22]
I just wish they would call it China flu at least.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:38:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

now there is someone out there 3 times removed from your uncle Harveys great auntie on his fathers side whos grocery checkout girl is saying that poor Mech2007 , has the vid , sending prayers
View Quote

To be honest, I would prefer something from Edible Arrangements.

They always look SO good, but they're too expensive for me to buy for myself.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I know quite a few people who have been hospitalized with, and a few who have died from, Covid. Additionally, while I could get an extra two weeks off work by claiming to have Covid, I wouldn't do it. Seems like Bad Mojo.)
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#24]
You think it's not real or just numbers pumped up?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#25]
You don't seem very intelligent.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
all bullshit
View Quote

Almost no posts for 15 years then a flurry of retardation.
Hmmmm....
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#27]
My 91 year old MIL tested positive for the Beer Flu.  No symptoms.  Doing fine.

A 64 year old guy I know got the Covid and died.  Not sure if the fact that he wore 4XL clothes and was maybe 5'6" tall was a contributing factor.

A friend in his 70's contracted Covid, was hospitalized, put on a vent, and never came off.  Getting four (4) doses of insulin per day probably didn't help.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#28]
My sister is a respiratory therapist and she had Covid. Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? She is also a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my sister in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

My sister really did have rice rabies from working on people on ventilators.  Just because OP is sick of hearing about it doesn't mean is isn't there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Disgusting.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Wear your mask OP
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:00:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Almost no posts for 15 years then a flurry of retardation.
Hmmmm....
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#33]
OP: "The Flu: making people lose their sense of smell and taste since 2020."

MAH FLU!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Apparently making some lose their common sense, also.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
and there it is the somber tone of solicited  sympathy and the story of how they know someone who is dying
View Quote

I know, right? Someone should just call the hospital and tell the unconscious, vented patient to stop seeking attention for the flu lol
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:22:57 AM EDT
[#36]
OP lives in a cave in WV so its easy to understand the influence inbreeding has had on his mental development
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#37]
my alter ego NESTER CUNNINGHAM USMC 1969-1969 lives in WV as well
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#38]
OP, go burn a couch.

Almost every family I know has had at least one member with Covid. One of my best church friends died from it recently.  At least 15 close relatives have had it. My aunt just got out of ICU.  Stuff is real.

But I still don’t believe masks and closing businesses helped one bit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Im no scientist or infectious disease expert . People test positive show no symptoms whatsoever , some test positive and get sick and say its the worst fever and flu-like sickness they ever had , some test positive and die , I know people in all three categories . Thats all I got
View Quote

Yep. Its real. Its here. Its not going away. It sucks. Get used to it. Some will die ( sadly ), but most will live.

Not going to say I believe the numbers or not, but pretty skeptical. Then again, our government is full of liberals and liars so there is that....

on edit: Still should have not shut down, should not have restricted freedom like a bunch of commies. If you wanna stay home and hide, then do it. Leave the rest of us alone. You know, the whole liberty thi g
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't have covid, and I have the test to prove it.

There, does that make OP feel better?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#41]
OP is trolling.

At least Biden will do something to get us out of this mess.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#42]
I had covid. Tested positive. It sucked.

Not worth what this country did though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
all bullshit
View Quote

Do you think the virus doesn't exist?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
all bullshit
View Quote

Are you drunk? Because you’re acting like a huge asshole.

And do you not know anyone on the res? Because around here, Covid’s just been ripping through the res. Lotta diabetics so a lot of them die. And a good number don’t speak very good English so hospital stays without family are extra hard on them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#46]
I see your posts OP and see someone who just likes hearing his own voice.

Evidenced by you quoting yourself up top
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#47]
How Covid has been handled is an unmitigated disaster.

But here in the tri-state, Covid is the real deal.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Covid sucks hands down. I often wonder if other common existing viruses were under such a magnifying glass, as far as deaths caused, and complications caused,  it would look more common or not so scary.  
Four times now I've heard comments from doctors on it WITHOUT asking. Last one was a pediatrician. The office was covered in orange mask policy signs. He walked in and pulled his mask off and said "you don't have to wear that dang thing if you don't wish, I'm over it...  Not that you asked.". And continued. It all makes me wonder. I've known folks that went ice fishing and wood splitting whistling dixie with it, a 80+ year old vet that had covid and flu both, and just laughed and said "I've been awfully tired," and I've known one random, distant, healthy friend of family that dropped dead.
So Im right at "I don't know wtf is going on." I don't want that shit though just in case, and I'm in the sticks out here so some of us are high as a kite and dumb as hell,  or hard as a rock country boys. That could be clouding things I guess.

Basically I'm noticing a different response from the world when it's said "...he/she caught covid and passed." Vs "he/she had_____ and the phnumonia set in and they passed."

It's like one is accepted and ones not...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

The CDC says 6% of that number is actual COVID deaths.  The rest is comorbidities.  Comorbidities like car accidents, suicide, falling off a ladder, motorcycle accidents,  people who die of natural causes that have nothing to do with COVID.  Let's not forget that hospitals get extra money from the G if they have covid deaths in the hospital.  Now I know all hospital administrators are above board, honest people who would never double bill you, or send you to collections if you are 1 week late with a payment, but the temptation to call everything COVID to get federal money must be verrrrry tempting.  Let's also not forget the genius decision to put young COVID patients into nursing homes with vulnerable old people who have a bevy of health problems to begin with.  It's like the plot of some B horror movie about a psychopathic governor who jerks off everytime an old person dies.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
all bullshit
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top