Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

what did you cook today? (Page 37 of 83)
Page / 83
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 3:11:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: unsub073] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bc5000:

That sounds good, will have to take a break from cheap Dominoes pizza and do that.

Was looking at a recipe from Serious Eats where he cuts the loaf in half and compresses each half to 2/3 its height and then brush with a garlic/butter/oil mixture before adding sauce and toppings.
View Quote

Kenji is a god, but his bar style pizza is awesome.  I will have to try the french bread one next time.

Bar Pizza
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Wanted to grill, but after working in the heat all day I decided against sitting outside babysitting a grill.  So I cooked inside.  Pan seared chicken breasts, cheesy brats, boudin, pinto beans, and a baked potato.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:33:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 8/1/2020 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Hash browns, bacon, eggs, and coffee on the percolator for the wife and I.

So far this days off to a good start. Headed out on a small hike soon.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#5]
This week
Coq au Vin
Beef enchilada bowls
I have a butt on the smoker now @260 and 9lbs of cubed pork to be converted into chorizo.
My son's band camp has really thrown a wrench into the works this week.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 5:16:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Saturday was smoked sausage and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 6:26:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Today I made a pasta recipe I saw on a cooking show. I tweaked it a bit.

50/50 percentage of hot and sweet sausage links, baked,  sliced, then sauteed in olive oil, add sliced garlic, add a can of tomato paste, caramelize that, then deglaze with a little less then a half bottle of wine. I'm frugal, so use two buck chuck as my go to cooking wine, I used "red blend" here. Reduce that until it actually looks like thick brown gravy, then add in a LARGE can to crushed tomatoes. I don't scrimp here, and used imported san marzanos. Salt and pepper, about a Tablespoon of sugar, meanwhile ...on another burner... Pot of salty water boiling orchietta pasta. And on yet a third burner... Simple sauteed spinach. Olive oil into a large pot, add garlic, saute, then add a quarter cup of water and a massive (costco style) box of baby spinach, that cooks itself with a few stirs. When the pasta is done, drain, and add to the pot of sausage and sauce. Add in the spinach which should have been finished about 8-10 minutes ago.. Toss it all together Don't add in any of the water from the spinach, but do keep the salted pasta water before you drain.

Finish with a mass ton of freshly shaved parmigian cheese, I used about 6 oz...? A LOT. stir that in after all heat is off. check seasoning.. add pasta water as needed for consistency, and food for a whole day done in about 30 minutes.

Link Posted: 8/3/2020 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Yesterday Dad fired up his big bbq pit and we did chicken halves, old school Louisiana style.  One chicken we put in a brine, the other we marinated in some Pig Stand basting sauce.  We grilled them low and slow for a good while, then right at the end we hit them with some Pig Stand bbq sauce and let that tack up a little.  

Came out great.  Only problem is we mixed up the brined chicken and the one with the basting sauce.  So we have no idea which one was better
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Hamburger steak with Country Bobs steak sauce.
Fresh sweet corn fried in a little bacon grease. Butter, salt & pepper.
Twice baked potato.
Cherry delight.

Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Store bought tamale with homemade red Chile sauce. I just found out the way to improve canned refried beans and make them like homemade is to add milk, cream, crema or sour cream. All I had was buttermilk. What a difference it makes. Instead of dry and stiff, the beans are creamy like you find in a restaurant.

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Chicken Cacciatore with spaghetti for the past two days. Dad's into it. Me, not so much.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 4:07:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#12]
Made a batch of 50/50 pork and beef sausage.  Salt, pepper, granulated garlic, dried mustard powder.  Trying to make a Texas/Czech style sausage.  It is in the smoke now.

My Ipotato usually isn't blurry, this is about 1/2 of the batch:

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#13]
9lb brisket, decided to make chopped brisket this time.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Made a batch of 50/50 pork and beef sausage.  Salt, pepper, granulated garlic, dried mustard powder.  Trying to make a Texas/Czech style sausage.  It is in the smoke now.

https://i.imgur.com/2YP1Ysm.jpg
View Quote

Looks great!! I wouldn’t hesitate eating that!! My dad’s side of the family is Czech descendent. I grew up on the cuisine.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wildearp:

https://i.imgur.com/2YP1Ysm.jpg
View Quote

That looks really good! I’ve made sausage once and I really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 8:28:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#17]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Tonight I did some sausage and potatoes, smothered green beans, and a biscuit.

Tried to upload a picture but it was upside down 😕
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#19]
BLT made with fried green tomatoes.

Somebody mentioned it in GD so I thought I'd give it a try. Not bad at all but I'll stick with ripe tomatoes, they're better and easier.

Added a slice of pepper jack cheese and Sriracha-Basil Mayo.

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By bc5000:
BLT made with fried green tomatoes.

Somebody mentioned it in GD so I thought I'd give it a try. Not bad at all but I'll stick with ripe tomatoes, they're better and easier.

Added a slice of pepper jack cheese and Sriracha-Basil Mayo.

https://i.imgur.com/WR5YcbQh.jpg
View Quote

Had one like that a while back at a local place. But it also had a lump blue crab cake on it. Shit was awesome.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Went to my parents house and cooked burgers and fries.  Nothing fancy, but it came out great and I got to visit with them a while.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 12:57:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Wednesday:

Grilled chicken thighs that were marinated in Badia Mojo Criollo
Green salad
Buttered corn
Steamed green beans marinated in Italian vinagrette and chopped basil.
Beer

Thursday: Sloppy joes
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 2:31:05 AM EDT
[#23]
We are eating a lot of buffalo and elk.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been experimenting with my kitchenaid grinder attachment. Todays adventure is short rib and chuck meatballs.Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Made venison enchiladas and venison bourguignon. yesterday. Had the enchiladas last night, bourguignon is on deck for lunch. Grilled steak and chicken for dinner tonight.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Sourdough french toast & thick cut bacon for breakfast
Soft shell Tacos  lunch
Citrus mojo marinade strip steak seared on the egg At 650 plus on the egg with roasted apple for desert  dinner.      Finished with a tumbler of Angels  Envy Rye.
  Now i know why im gaining weight lol
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Found some gumbo from last winter in the freezer, so I cooked some rice and made a quick potato salad.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Going to give Hungarian sausage and potato soup a try

Hungarian Potato and Sausage Soup - Food Wishes

Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:26:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Logan45] [#29]
Originally Posted By raven:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38eZJV6yqMc
View Quote

Let us know how it turns out.  Been wanting to try this one.

ETA: Wait, is this the one with cabbage?  Cause that's the one I've been looking at.  Either way let us know
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Chicken and string beans.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Chili Rellenos. Stuffed with spicy chicken enchilada mix from Sunday combined with a little rice and cheese.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Started out trying to make chicken tacos.  Ended up being a spicy chicken stew, eaten over rice with pinto beans and tortillas on the side.  It was decent, but apparently the whole jar of chilies and tomatoes was too much.  Sooooo spicy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Made a pot of Green Chile Pork Posole. No pics but its got green chiles, tomatillos, hominy in it.Its OK but I think I prefer
guisada. I'm gonna try pork guisada instead of beef next time.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 5:35:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Meatloaf!
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#35]
At the store yesterday I saw frozen pretzel dogs. Was curious so when I got home I googled them and now I want to make them. Found a recipe that uses beer in the dough that sounded good. Might even just use a pizza dough.

Link Posted: 8/20/2020 3:37:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raven] [#36]
Originally Posted By Logan45:

ETA: Wait, is this the one with cabbage?  Cause that's the one I've been looking at.  Either way let us know
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Logan45:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38eZJV6yqMc

Pretty good. I thought it called for too much vinegar at first, it was a bit too forward when I had my first bowl out of the pot. But I'm having my second bowl after a day and a half in the fridge, and the acidity has toned down.

The next sausage soup of his I want to make is bigos (Polish hunter's stew). It calls for all of a 2 lb head of cabbage. This soup called for 2 cups of chopped cabbage, which is about half a head.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Pretty good. I thought it called for too much vinegar at first, it was a bit too forward when I had my first bowl out of the pot. But I'm having my second bowl after a day and a half in the fridge, and the acidity has toned down.

The next sausage soup of his I want to make is bigos (Polish hunter's stew). It calls for all of a 2 lb head of cabbage. This soup called for 2 cups of chopped cabbage, which is about half a head.
View Quote

Thanks for the update.  I'll eventually give it a try.  Chef John has yet to steer me wrong.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 2:17:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Classic chicken parm for the fam
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 5:31:19 AM EDT
[#39]
I didn't cook anything today but my Dad served up a big plate of ravioli in tomato sauce with Italian sausage-flavored ground turkey. Pretty damn good. Excellent, in fact.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 5:32:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Bone-in ribeyes are on sale for $7.99/lb this weekend. It went great with some Buffalo Trace.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 9:04:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Ribeye, med rare, shrimp and corn

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

Part of my bison tenderloin.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Yesterday it was grilled pork chops, sausage, and boudin at the camp.  Did the chops low and slow on dad's Old Smokey and they came out great.  

Later today I'm doing smoked queso at a friends house.  If it turns out as good as I hear it is, it might end up in the regular rotation.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Attachment Attached File

Working with a blender full of fresh homegrown tomato puree..

Olive oil, lots of chopped garlic, some dried onion I had, salt and pepper. Reduce until thick.

I might toss in some meatballs later, and serve it over spagetti if I get extra frisky.

Otherwise, it is the best tomato soup ever.

Link Posted: 8/23/2020 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Y'ALL... Smoked queso is amazing.  I loosely followed the Meat Church recipe, put it on my buddies pit for an hour, and BAM best cheese dip I've ever had.  10/10 will cook again.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 2:51:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Enchiladas with rice and refried beans.

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

That’s a hell of a deal and one hell of a line up
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 7:20:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#49]
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 5:21:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Shrimp tacos, and charro beans.

Cleaning out the hoard again. I can see the bottom of my freezer now!
Page / 83
what did you cook today? (Page 37 of 83)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top