Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2021 10:06:43 PM EDT
Get that error on my desktop when trying to reach ARF...but works fine on my phone and laptop, so I know it's this machine.

Happens with both ar15.com and ar15-backup.com.

Attachment Attached File

Mongo simply pawn in game of life, no understand finer points of networking.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Has an exclamation point, says this site is not secure

ETA:. Also says ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:05:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Post a screen shot.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Bumped for more help.  Interestingly, can't get to ARF through either Brave or MS Edge on that machine, both give the same error.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Bumped again.  Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#7]
in for the outcome, and a shameless bump for a bro
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Try clearing your cache and cookies.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Is your system clock accurate? I think that can cause similar problems, probably relating to the certificate.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bumped again.  Anyone?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Bumped again.  Anyone?

Quoted:
Try clearing your cache and cookies.

Quoted:
Is your system clock accurate. I think that can cause similar problems, probably relating to the certificate.

Not cookies/cache if different browsers error the same. Cert is good to Dec 2021 so clock skew shouldn't be an issue. So either an out of date CA bundle or something is breaking ssl, like a proxy or such. Is the PC wired while devices that work wifi? Can you force any updates to your OS and/or browsers?

ETAI'm assuming you didn't do any "hacks" to access arf when it was deplatformed. If you did, revert them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not cookies/cache if different browsers error the same. Cert is good to Dec 2021 so clock skew shouldn't be an issue. So either an out of date CA bundle or something is breaking ssl, like a proxy or such. Is the PC wired while devices that work wifi? Can you force any updates to your OS and/or browsers?

ETAI'm assuming you didn't do any "hacks" to access arf when it was deplatformed. If you did, revert them.
View Quote

Yes, system clock and zone are accurate.

Cleared cache and cookies, multiple times.

Have tried to update SSL state, Brave doesn't seem to allow it, in Edge I clicked the button but nothing happened.  

Both browsers have been updated.  Have not tried to update OS, but it's on automatic, so.....

And yes, desktop is wired, other devices are wifi.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Have you tried using the built-in vpn for Brave? Or any vpn?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#13]

That only really happens when the NSA's routers kick you over to the FBI honeypot server.

Sorry, man.  It was nice having you around.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#14]
About every other thread on ARF has shown as insecure for me for quite awhile now if I'm on a Kindle tablet. I'm not a tech guy, but it SEEMS to be threads with links or outside content within.  Just an observation on my end.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#15]
@PackingXDs--just caught your edit about undoing hacks.  I had modified the host file to reach ARF, took out those lines and BAM, it's available.  That was it.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@PackingXDs--just caught your edit about undoing hacks.  I had modified the host file to reach ARF, took out those lines and BAM, it's available.  That was it.  Thanks!

View Quote

Glad to help!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
About every other thread on ARF has shown as insecure for me for quite awhile now if I'm on a Kindle tablet. I'm not a tech guy, but it SEEMS to be threads with links or outside content within.  Just an observation on my end.
View Quote

I've noticed the same with certain threads being marked as partially insecure. I'm sure that's what it is.

Glad OP got his issue sorted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top