Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2018 8:36:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Cop shouldve shot him in the face
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#2]
That young man is going places in life . . . he should put that video on his resume.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#3]
"Own my mama." We tried, look where that got us lol.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the sudden urge just to punch him right in his smart mouth

I could never be a cop... I do not have that much restraint
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Soon enough. Shitbags know what they can and can't get away with.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Serious question,  when I was a young man, I got a little spirited with a city cop and was warned I was/could be committing verbal assault on an officer. Is that not a thing?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#7]
And people wonder why stereotypes never die.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#8]
S.P.O.O.C.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Why does the officer interact with the passenger as though he was the driver?  Why was the passenger the one who signed the ticket?

Cop wasn't in control of that situation.

eta:  Nevermind, watched it again and saw it was the passenger getting the ticket.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And people wonder why stereotypes never die.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Is there really nothing the cop could do to shut him up?

@Bama-Shooter

Or any other cops here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Passengers in some states are required to wear a seat belt and they can be ticketed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Question.  Can this be presented in court by the prosecutor?  Even if the ticket is paid can he be called in? I bet the Judge would put some love on this guy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@Bama-Shooter

Or any other cops here.
View Quote
He can take comfort in the fact that Filthy McPottymouth is going to be out a bunch of cash on that ticket.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#16]
So if he goes to court they'll kick his ass there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He can take comfort in the fact that Filthy McPottymouth is going to be out a bunch of cash on that ticket.  
View Quote
Seat belt ticket for the local PD is $10.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:22:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Best thing to do is just let it slide off you like water on a ducks back.
View Quote
Gotcha.  Cop's restraint was impressive.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Good cop.  Wasn't really worth the effort trying to argue with that guy or find something else to site him on.  The judge will do that when and if he shows up in court, and if he doesn't then the judge will have his ass thrown in jail.  All the cop needed was a signature so he could get on with his life.  Good call to go that route.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Serious question,  when I was a young man, I got a little spirited with a city cop and was warned I was/could be committing verbal assault on an officer. Is that not a thing?
View Quote
Probably didn't figure it was worth the paperwork to drag in some guy who's going to get cut loose and nothing will come of it.

Buddy of mine was a cop in a mid-sized city. He declined to put in charges on a guy who tried to assault him during booking, because he said the paperwork wasn't worth his time, when the court wasn't going to do anything with the guy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So if he goes to court they'll kick his ass there.
View Quote
He won't go to court...for this.  Nor will he pay the ticket. That idiot will most likely forget to do both, so they'll issue a warrant for his dumb ass, he'll do something else stupid when they come for him, he'll get some shampoo, and then cry racism.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No. But if he fights the ticket, the video can be played in court and while the judge may give the person a verbal lashing for his behavior there will be no increase in fines etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question.  Can this be presented in court by the prosecutor?  Even if the ticket is paid can he be called in? I bet the Judge would put some love on this guy.
No. But if he fights the ticket, the video can be played in court and while the judge may give the person a verbal lashing for his behavior there will be no increase in fines etc.
Begets another question. He doesn't pay the ticket and a warrant is put out for his arrest.  Does that change things then?  Video makes his life worse?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
x2
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Why is everyone upset, clearly he was on his way to the lab to cure cancer. Hell I'd be pissed off too over a measly seatbelt ticket
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#29]
1/10 rant.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No. Not unless you threaten the officer with physical harm. Then things can get sporty.

Back in the day, that guy would have been dragged out of the car, through that window and got an ass beating.
View Quote
Oh yea.
Growing up in the 50/60s, you would have only talked like this once, then the hard lesson would begin.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#31]
The video isn't even the worst part of this.

That lovely individual is basking in recognition and high-fives from his peers for the way he spoke to the officer, which is probably why he posted it in the first place.

I'm sure his father will do something about it...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#32]
I have been pulled over a few times during my life for speeding and each time I have complied quickly and truthfully to the attending officer for every command and question he/she asked of me.  result? never got a ticket, just a warning and I returned a heartfelt thank you very much officer.  I guess the idiot in the clip hasn't thought out his choices and consequences very well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#33]
I have gone several decades without being stopped but in the last year I have been pulled over three times by the police.  Twice for speeding and once for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign.

I was very courteous and respectful to the police.  I got three warning tickets and no fines.

I will give you three guesses how I could have had those three warning tickets be fines.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Weak  

This guy is jedi level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5CIWJZog3I
View Quote
How's that spelled?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#36]
The elephant in the room...I mean country
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@Bama-Shooter

Or any other cops here.
View Quote
Nope. Best just to let those go. Going hunting for more charges because you got emotionally hijacked is a great way to end up on the news.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Absolutely perfect.  A credit to the profession.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That's true today.

Back in the day, there was a better solution.
View Quote
@Old_Painless
I come from Williamson County, if that means anything to you, and my family has never had a bad encounter with LE. That's right next to Milam County, which was even worse, still no negative run-ins. I was raised to be respectful, until the situation required otherwise. Many of my generation and my parent's generation were not.
This has created a situation beyond the occasional hickory shampoo treatment. Something that was rarely needed back in those days, would be handed out like candy today. It's like trying to discipline a teenager that's never been told no. Too far, too late.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#41]
They maintained from the end of slavery in 1866 till the civil rights acts of the 1950s- 1960s that  they just wanted a chance to be a part of our society, to be allowed to be productive full citizens.

The Joke is on us apparently.

(edited to add: the above is not meant to denigrate every Black person, I have known some standouts over the years).
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Man, I really hope that ticket doesn't prevent him from getting that job as a neurosurgeon he was working so diligently to achieve.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The video isn't even the worst part of this.

That lovely individual is basking in recognition and high-fives from his peers for the way he spoke to the officer, which is probably why he posted it in the first place.

I'm sure his father will do something about it...
View Quote
As soon as he gets home from work.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#44]
On the slim chance that this fine individual apears at court, what are the odds that he will use his polished vocabulary to express his feelings for the justice system? Would he face contempt of court charges?

This kid is going places in life.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Did the black guy call his own mother a nigger ?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#46]
It's times like that when I think that the police should be able to shut off their body cameras.   Boy needed a little wall to wall counselling with no cameras or witnesses.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have been pulled over a few times during my life for speeding and each time I have complied quickly and truthfully to the attending officer for every command and question he/she asked of me.  result? never got a ticket, just a warning and I returned a heartfelt thank you very much officer.  I guess the idiot in the clip hasn't thought out his choices and consequences very well.
View Quote
I’ve been the driver of a car pulled over twice. Both times extremely courteous and so forth. Both tickets >$125 for 10-15 over.

Been pulled over twice when I wasn’t the driver and once it’d been a crap day. Seatbelt in the van didn’t work but I reached under the seat to try and make it look like it did. Cops pull me out of the van to search it saying they saw me put something under the seat. Long story short I acted like a complete and total douche and they let us go.

Lose some win some

First two incidents were in TN. Latter was in Kentucky. So maybe that’s it
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Oh yeah. In most places a warrant of arrest for failure to appear will be issued.

Video makes no difference.

The only thing I've ever seen a judge do when a video was played in court, the person was an ass, was basically say "is this really best way to handle this situation?" type deal.

There is no added charge or penalty for acting like an ass to an officer. However, any leniency the judge might be able to administer is more than likely not going to happen. IME.
View Quote
I have seen judges go for the max end of an allowable sentence or the max fine and fees based on attitude in the courtroom or video played in court.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#49]
From the look of it, that cop could have whipped his ass. That's the definition of restraint right there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Ghetto culture is a cancer on America.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top