Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2019 5:45:26 PM EDT
Ok, ok, I know stringing is it's own problem.   That's not what I'm wanting to cure.

I'm trying to print a hollow tube.  It's a new end for my shop vac hose.  You'd think the most efficient way to print would be to go round and round like vase mode.  I looked into that. The vase mode in Cura only allows for one line thickness.  That won't work for me.

Right now it is going clockwise a turn or two, then picking up, hopping across the tube, and printing counter clockwise a turn or two, then picking up and repeating over and over.  This is leaving strings across the hollow center, slight ripples where it picks up and sets down, and I'd imagine adding quite a bit of time to the print.

What can I do to fix this?

BTW, I'm a total noob to printing, but have had some CNC experience years ago.  I've had several great keychain size prints and am working my way up to bigger items.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll look into the "seam" settings.

For this item, it isn't a big deal, but I'm learning and want to do better on the more important prints later.  I just don't want to have to watch it for 3hrs to find my screw ups.  Keeping things small lets me screw up and make more corrections in a shorter time frame.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You bet. Every part you print should teach you something.
View Quote
True words!
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Took a few days off from printing anything and felt antsy so started printing a few upgrades for the printer.So today I learned what happens when you don't have bed adhesion. Itr would stick for lets say the first 6-10 layers then  it would leave the bed. it was a short half hour long print so i didn't waste a whole ton of filament but i was probably about 20 minutes in when i checked on it . Its weird I was sure i releveled the bed properly but when i re-releveled it was off a good margin. Maybe there is something to those yellow springs...
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Took a few days off from printing anything and felt antsy so started printing a few upgrades for the printer.So today I learned what happens when you don't have bed adhesion. Itr would stick for lets say the first 6-10 layers then  it would leave the bed. it was a short half hour long print so i didn't waste a whole ton of filament but i was probably about 20 minutes in when i checked on it . Its weird I was sure i releveled the bed properly but when i re-releveled it was off a good margin. Maybe there is something to those yellow springs...
View Quote
Never had a prob with any spring.
They dont really affect level stuff, but the softer ones, or even the stiffer ones if not very tight, can cause ghosting probs when the bed changes direction and they dont hold it firmly enough.

If I were you, Id be looking for an errant z offset or something similar in the slicer or your fw.
Make sure whatever z moves on is tight enough to not have any slop, but not so tight that it hangs up when changing direction, same for the x carriage.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll look into the "seam" settings.

For this item, it isn't a big deal, but I'm learning and want to do better on the more important prints later.  I just don't want to have to watch it for 3hrs to find my screw ups.  Keeping things small lets me screw up and make more corrections in a shorter time frame.
View Quote
Look into combing settings and retract before outer wall.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Turning on combing seems to have pretty well solved the issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top