Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2023 9:54:45 AM EDT
Fuck my life I like snacks. But they all seem to be garbage.

I've tried the protein based chips . Jerkey is ok but high in sodium and expensive.  What are you munching for the snack bug?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#1]
NUTS!

Other good ones are boiled eggs and avocados.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I make my own jerky. I have a top round roast thawing right now for some actually.

Pickled eggs and cheese too, good work snacks.

I usually pack a protein shake and a PB&J Sandwich for my morning snack too, not exactly high protein, but cheap and easy calories.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it best to eat small meals throughout the day that are planned and eliminate snacking altogether.

It's very easy to over snack.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it best to eat small meals throughout the day that are planned and eliminate snacking altogether.

It's very easy to over snack.
View Quote

Depends on the goal.

If I don't snack I drop weight extremely fast.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the nut idea!

Going to try nuts and cheese first.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#6]
https://paleovalley.com/
Beef and pork sticks are good.
I also drink Jocko fuel protein powder as a meal replacement.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Nuts mostly and jerky. Fruits are good , but don't seem to hit the spot like salty thing do.

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Fruits and nuts
I like the tiny oranges, makes me feel like a giant
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Problem with fruit is all the sugar. I love dried fruit but it's almost like candy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Legendary Foods makes some absolutely delicious ‘pop tart ‘ type snacks.  

Epic provisions makes some really good beef and chicken bars.  Similar to jerky.  Clean ingredients.   Both of these options get a little pricey though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:49:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Problem with fruit is all the sugar. I love dried fruit but it's almost like candy.
View Quote

I skip fruit too, for the same reason. It's just more sugar that I don't need.

My kids can eat all they want though, they are kids, won't hurt them a bit. Better than having them raid the cupboard for junk food.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
One thing I have experience with is the Ready Hour dehydrated  strawberries, and they have about zero sugar in them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 2:47:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Nuts and seeds. Raw preferred. I'm fond of Brazil nuts, walnuts, pecans, cashews, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and pistachios, though I eat them roasted. All of them are healthy nuts. Other than that, chicken tenders or slices of baked chicken breast.

"Eat like a caveman, live like Methuselah."
-- Me
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Most prepared/packaged snacks are going to be shit...

Stuff I can leave out/in my vehicles..
Nuts - Blue Diamond Extreme Almonds are kick-ass
Sunflower seeds

Perishable :
Hardboiled eggs
Yogurt - Ratio makes good keto yogurts
Cheese
Sugar-free jello - basically zero calories, but fills you

When I'm eating carbs..
Honeycrisp apples (surprisingly low glycemic index)
Saltines
Chips and salsa
View Quote

I plow through those ratio yogurts.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I neckbeard the shit out of them at my local Kroger.  If they have 8 black cherry?  They're all coming home with me.  

I even got my wife doing it, and using the proper terminology.  She came home from food shopping a few weeks ago and announced, "I neckbearded some Ratio for you."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I plow through those ratio yogurts.

I neckbeard the shit out of them at my local Kroger.  If they have 8 black cherry?  They're all coming home with me.  

I even got my wife doing it, and using the proper terminology.  She came home from food shopping a few weeks ago and announced, "I neckbearded some Ratio for you."

She wins wife of the quarter!  My favorite is key lime followed by strawberry. I've never seen black cherry here probably because you guys get them all before they arrive here! I eat two at a time. Nice easy way to stack 50g with minimal carbs!

Yogurt is a staple or my protein intake.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:33:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I don’t watch them much but I watched a FB short and the guy was eating Greek yogurt with protein powder and blueberries.  I tried it with my Dymatize Vanilla from Sam’s.  

Holy hell…Damn it’s good .  

Other than that raw almonds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top