Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2023 11:10:21 PM EDT
IE, like unfunctionally human?  as in just a puddle of goo or something?  was listening to  a jb hixson podcast and he had on a guest that said something to that effect.  point was, if jesus doesnt show up soon, there wont be any "people" around to save/war against etc...  know what i am saying?  its the principle of "de-evolutoion" or entropy to the Nth degee, and obviously goes against the "grain" of modenr socienty and just another benchmark of the days we are living in
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Minor correction, it was a couple of generations AGO.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#2]
haha i mean could be!  

i mean with all this ai stuff and other "weirdness" it seems like the goal is to do something to humanity to "fix" it... i mean on the part of the "bad guys"  the Godless ones who wont submit to the divine plan...
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Restore Truth: Evolution Mindset Influencing Modern Problems ~ Fr. Ripperger (Lecture 1/2)

Fr Ripperger talks about genetic entropy in this talk. The further from the "Fall" will definitely destroy us.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
IE, like unfunctionally human?  as in just a puddle of goo or something?  was listening to  a jb hixson podcast and he had on a guest that said something to that effect.  point was, if jesus doesnt show up soon, there wont be any "people" around to save/war against etc...  know what i am saying?  its the principle of "de-evolutoion" or entropy to the Nth degee, and obviously goes against the "grain" of modenr socienty and just another benchmark of the days we are living in
View Quote
A problem here is that there won't be any agreement about when someone becomes "unhuman".

Devolution is in the eye of the beholder. What one views as a devolution or regression would be viewed as progress and evolution by another. For example, new therapies in the last 5-10 years for treatment of metastatic melanoma are based on specific immunotherapies. These can affect genes. And these are lifesaving. Jimmy Carter (yeah, not a popular guy on ARFcom) was diagnosed with melanoma when he was in his late 80s. At the time, I thought, "He'll be dead in 3 months." Many years later, he's alive and shows no signs of cancer (per his reports). He's had genetic and immunotherapy. One could argue that he's not the same as he was before treatment. Is he now functionally non-human? Or a puddle of goo?

I do agree with the ideas mentioned in the book linked after your post, that we're exposed to many more carcinogens and pollutants and "bad" food and that this affects our health and potentially our genome. But how or why does this make one unfunctionally human or not "people"?

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#6]
The following can be considered proof that I could be considered a Christian mystic, and that is basically defined as someone who believes in and expects God's presence and direct interaction in my life. God is not disengaged as most of the Protestant denominations influenced by Calvinism believe, but I do not believe that potatoes that are shaped like the head of Jesus are miracles.

Believing as I do, it stands to reason that the power that God used to create everything continued to resonate in His creation, and as the years have passed, that resonance has weakened some. CS Lewis made some reference to such things in "That Hideous Strength", and even other Christian writers such as Watchman Nee discussed those things as well. We are not of the same physical and mental qualities as Adam and the immediate succeeding generations of men. The Bible discusses how long Adam and those after him lived, and lifespans since the Great Flood have shortened. We've made some medical advances in the last few hundred years but we have not permanently reversed the trend.

In Romans, Paul not only discussed this, but he presaged that the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics would find their solution when Jesus returns for us.

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Modern medicine is killing the gene pool. All those inferior or recessive genes that would have killed you 50 years ago?  There’s a pull for that, and those genes don’t get culled from the population.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#8]
fered man, good point, i havent studied it much, as it never interested me. (i am referring to the giant population explosion of late) buuuuuut, post 2020 election i supposei t doesnt matter, as now i am more skeptical than ever about our history books.  man i love conspiracy theories!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]
monadh. havent read all you posted, buuuut, yes.  the more i learn the more i question how much standard, straight laced christianity is kinda leavin out some of the details. like the giants, demons etc
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A problem here is that there won't be any agreement about when someone becomes "unhuman".

Devolution is in the eye of the beholder. What one views as a devolution or regression would be viewed as progress and evolution by another. For example, new therapies in the last 5-10 years for treatment of metastatic melanoma are based on specific immunotherapies. These can affect genes. And these are lifesaving. Jimmy Carter (yeah, not a popular guy on ARFcom) was diagnosed with melanoma when he was in his late 80s. At the time, I thought, "He'll be dead in 3 months." Many years later, he's alive and shows no signs of cancer (per his reports). He's had genetic and immunotherapy. One could argue that he's not the same as he was before treatment. Is he now functionally non-human? Or a puddle of goo?

I do agree with the ideas mentioned in the book linked after your post, that we're exposed to many more carcinogens and pollutants and "bad" food and that this affects our health and potentially our genome. But how or why does this make one unfunctionally human or not "people"?

View Quote

oh i mean like  goonies "sloth" level of "unhuman".  and everyone being that way. or worse?  meaning so devolved noone can build sky scrapers or compose music or "commune" with God as we be so un functoinal?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:40:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

oh i mean like  goonies "sloth" level of "unhuman".  and everyone being that way. or worse?  meaning so devolved noone can build sky scrapers or compose music or "commune" with God as we be so un functoinal?
View Quote
I'll still argue that this is a spectrum. There may be a lower and lower percentage over time of people who aren't capable of building or designing skyscrapers. But as far as Sloth from Goonies goes, there are already lots of funny looking people who are non-functional and lots of funny-looking people who are brilliant (Stephen Hawking, for example). And plenty of non-functional and functional beautiful people.

Some of this sounds like when we get to a real life version of Idiocracy, which is better watched as a documentary than a comedy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#12]
No, human genetics is not only a couple of generations away from being "junk."  This isn't true at all.

Evolution is "self correcting" to a certain degree.  Individuals that are too unhealthy to reproduce successfully don't pass on these traits.

Now, this doesn't mean that traits we don't prefer aren't ever passed down (low IQ people frequently have children, for instance)... but traits that prevent successful reproduction will tend to vanish from populations over time.  Evolution is all about the traits that are passed down successful reproduction, regardless of any other consideration.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No, human genetics is not only a couple of generations away from being "junk."  This isn't true at all.

Evolution is "self correcting" to a certain degree.  Individuals that are too unhealthy to reproduce successfully don't pass on these traits.

Now, this doesn't mean that traits we don't prefer aren't ever passed down (low IQ people frequently have children, for instance)... but traits that prevent successful reproduction will tend to vanish from populations over time.  Evolution is all about the traits that are passed down successful reproduction, regardless of any other consideration.
View Quote

bu the problem is if you dont believe in evolution, then we are going the opposite direction???
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#14]
As man removes himself from creation into a world of his whim and artifice, he will increasingly become an artificial creature defined by the arbitrary imagination of man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top