Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2021 6:08:26 PM EDT
as complete as I'll get it.  been using it for a few weeks now and I'm happy with the setup.

just want to sell these plates and get rogue deep dish as these have a lot of variation and play on the bar.

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
That's some nice equipment.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I mean, that’s stuff is ok, but Chuck Norris says that this is all I need. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#3]
The RML is an awesome rack.  

If you are set on the Rogue deep dish just be sure you can deal with their depth.  They are wide like bumper plates.  

That will cause the center of gravity to extend out on your bar.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The RML is an awesome rack.  

If you are set on the Rogue deep dish just be sure you can deal with their depth.  They are wide like bumper plates.  

That will cause the center of gravity to extend out on your bar.
View Quote

Uuhhh...do what?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice setup.  Got any better pics of that pulley setup?  

I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate a pully on my Craigslist rack but that may be a much easier setup.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate a pully on my Craigslist rack but that may be a much easier setup.
View Quote

i had a heavy bag hanging there before i got the rack so i just left the swivel and hooked the carabiner to it.  it's through bolted on 2 joists.

I'll get closer pictures tomorrow.  i picked up the cable, clamps, carabiners and chain at home depot for less than 30 bucks total.  the pulley is a sheave block style climbing pulley from amazon that was like 20 bucks and the attachments are from amazon also.

i had some really old equipment prior to this and just upgraded everything a few weeks ago because of all the lockdown bullshit.  the treadmill is mostly for my wife after we sold a 27yr old one that came from my parents house.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I use a Spud Inc pulley. It’s a nylon loop with a D ring to attach the pulley. Works well for my needs and is adjustable. You could use two to create a low pulley.

I’ve seen knock offs somewhere that are cheaper but I can’t remember where. You could easily make them if you had the inclination.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Uuhhh...do what?
View Quote

The large thick plates put the weight load further from the center of the bar.  This is especially apparent when compared to calibrated competition plates.  

This changes the sensation of the pull, especially on deadlifts.  

Was just trying to point that out as it may be something that he may not have considered.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:41:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice set up OP. Mine is almost complete too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally completed my setup.

- Rogue SML-2C squat stand (Bright green) with the double pull-up bar. That wide bar is some serious torture.
- Rogue safety arms
- Rogue short post pair for holding some 45s on either side
- Rogue Echo bar. It works better than the cheap Dicks bar.
- Rogue Bar holder
- Rep Fitness flat bench
- “300lb” weight set from Dick’s.
- Weight tree
- two stall mats
- Two 45lb plates from Rep.
- $10 kitchen timer.

It has been assembled over the past 13 months and has to be one of my favorite investments. Luckily, both my girlfriend and the UPS guy are very patient and forgiving!
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
You bastards got me wanting to build a small home gym.

Nothing outrageous, just a few things I think I'd use a lot.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#12]
do it, no ragrets.

i will say it took about 2 or 3 weeks for me to acclimate to working out at home.  there was a mental barrier to overcome.  i typically lift heavy so psyching up at the gym with other lifters was part of the routine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Dooo eeeeet!

It is much better not having to deal with other people, waiting for machines, a locker room, commuting, etc.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:42:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
do it, no ragrets.

i will say it took about 2 or 3 weeks for me to acclimate to working out at home.  there was a mental barrier to overcome.  i typically lift heavy so psyching up at the gym with other lifters was part of the routine.
View Quote

The deep dish plates restocked today if you were quick and lucky.  
They still have 35 and 100s now.  

Kabuki has their plates in stock too.  Bring your wallet though.  Kabuki

Lifting at home definitely looses some hype.
I still find myself going to the gym for deadlifts and big to me squat or bench days when I know I want reliable spotters.  
I prefer to lift at home about 70% of the time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I still find myself going to the gym for deadlifts and big to me squat or bench days when I know I want reliable spotters.  
View Quote

thanks for the heads up.  I'm always missing my notification emails and everything gets sold.  i was trying to order everything at once to get the hundo pricing but that seems to be impossible with the panic buying.

want 6x45s 4x35 4x25
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
do it, no ragrets.

I used to feel the same way but I've been so much more consistent working out in the garage that I have set new PRs on pretty much everything. Saves me about 45 minutes of driving and prep too. Plus my wife lifts and I enjoy working out with her and watching her

I self-spot my bench and squat with the pins in my rack. I've been glad they were there a couple times too
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Got my Deep Dish Plates yesterday.  They are awesome.  Love the machined back and edge.  The kabuki plates are not machined.  Also the kabukis were more expensive once shipping was included.  That’s unfortunate because I live a lot closer to Kabuki than to Rogue.  Doesn’t matter the Rogue Deep Dish as just nicer.

I ended up with 4 sets of 45s and 1 set of 25. My folding rack and adjustable bench are on order.  Decided to go all in on the garage gym.  

I ordered mine back in early December.  I expect that when I die the grandkids will be fighting over these.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#18]
did you get to order them all together?  it seems every time i see them come in stock its only the 25s or 35s.  i wanted to order them all together to try and get the hundo pricing but they trickle in so not sure if that's feasible.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#19]
They were taking orders for all the sizes back in December. I thought about ordering 5 sets to replace the shitty ones I have and then selling the shitty ones locally to get my $ back.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I just added three sets of the deep dish 45s to my cart to see if it was in stock, and it is.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
did you get to order them all together?  it seems every time i see them come in stock its only the 25s or 35s.  i wanted to order them all together to try and get the hundo pricing but they trickle in so not sure if that's feasible.
View Quote

I was able to get them all together.  I was only after 45s and 25s.  Someday I may add some of the other sizes.  

They are nicer than I anticipated.  That’s bad, because I want more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top