Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2019 9:29:46 AM EDT
would like to purchase a cheapo but decent left handed electric to fool around with..suggestions? links?
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#1]
If you've never played before, do yourself a favor and get a right handed guitar.  It will be just as perplexing to learn but in the end you wil be able to use 90%+ of the guitars in the world.  As far as what guitar to get it all depends on your budget.  A $200-$300 Squire or Epiphone would be a good area to start but there are many options beyond those.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Schecter makes most models in lefty.  Here is a budget friendly model:

https://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/deluxe/c-6-deluxe-lh-satin-black-detail
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Schecter makes most models in lefty.  Here is a budget friendly model:

https://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/deluxe/c-6-deluxe-lh-satin-black-detail
View Quote
thank you
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:13:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy whatever you are comfortable with plunking down the $$ for and never seeing the $$ again.

Even if you buy a brand name guitar, the resale value
is a moot point unless you find another lefty.

I forced myself to learn how to play bass right handed even though I had learned to play guitar mediocrely left handed as a kid.

I never felt entirely comfortable with my skills picking, plucking, slapping, or strumming right handed on the bass but more than made up for it with hammer-ons and pull-offs with my left hand.

A few years ago I bought a POS telecaster knock off on flea bay, left-handed,¹ and was shocked at how much more confident I felt with my rhythm and timing right off the bat.  Without having to consciously focus on them.

If you buy a POS guitar don't take it to your local music store and ask them to do a set up.
They'll just do a half assed job and tell you the problem is with the guitar.
Find an independent instructor and take a few lessons, if there really are any problems with your guitar, if they are worth a crap, they will help you fix them.
(They want you to keep playing and paying for their lessons.)

YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top