Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2019 9:11:45 AM EDT
I have a female friend that was arrested for DUI on a Fri eve by GA State Patrol.  She declined a breathalyzer test and spent the weekend in the clink.   She wasn't administered a blood test either but she did say she was subjected to an "injection of a clear liquid".  She consented to this injection when she was told she would be placed in an unfavorable situation if she didn't (her words).  She said she was not combative or resisting the booking process.  I'm curious what this injection might have been. Any ideas why she was given this injection?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you trust a drunk woman who spent the weekend in jail? IBTL
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you trust a drunk woman who spent the weekend in jail? IBTL
View Quote
Ahhh, that's the million dollar question.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Good chance a tuberculosis skin test.  Maybe a flu vaccine.  She can solve the mystery by requesting a copy of her medical records.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Injected with a penis?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Truth serum, aids
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Most likely was a court ordered blood draw. Never have seen or heard of, anyone "injected" while in custody.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Most likely was a court ordered blood draw. Never have seen or heard of, anyone "injected" while in custody.
View Quote
that's what I thought
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
This right here.  We would only inject something if the medical department ordered it.  Our medical department isn't going to be giving any meds to someone who is just there on a DUI charge.  We WOULD get a search warrant for a blood draw if the arrestee refused the breath test.  Our medical department would do the blood draw.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Good chance a tuberculosis skin test.  Maybe a flu vaccine.  She can solve the mystery by requesting a copy of her medical records.
View Quote
Our medical department would not be giving vaccines.  I'm not sure if they would give a TB test but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Unless there's a whole lot more to it....

Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#13]
You have to get your skin pop TB test read within a certain time frame AFTER the skin pop to determine if you need a chest xray.
They didn't give a skin pop test to an inmate being held 48 hours.
Frankly, I don't believe a jail in Georgia (and I run one of the 140 or so jails in Georgia) injected her with something she doesn't know what it is.  ONLY a jails medical staff would inject an inmate.   I would like to know what jail this event took place.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You have to get your skin pop TB test read within a certain time frame AFTER the skin pop to determine if you need a chest xray.
They didn't give a skin pop test to an inmate being held 48 hours.
Frankly, I don't believe a jail in Georgia (and I run one of the 140 or so jails in Georgia) injected her with something she doesn't know what it is.  ONLY a jails medical staff would inject an inmate.   I would like to know what jail this event took place.
View Quote
I believe this was a Cobb county jail but not sure which facility. I'll see her again today and will get some more info about this. Thanks for all the feedback  gentlemen.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Blood draw under warrant after refusal.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Lord knows I love these "I have a friend..." threads.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:04:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Probably this
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#18]
As others have said, it didn’t happen. Time to find a new “friend”.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
That sounds nothing like the last TB test I had.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Probably this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably this
On a DUI arrest, you're going with TB test or flu vaccination over a blood draw?

Admittedly, in my new position it's been awhile since my last DUI arrest...they may be completely different now.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

On a DUI arrest, you're going with TB test or flu vaccination over a blood draw?

Admittedly, in my new position it's been awhile since my last DUI arrest...they may be completely different now.
View Quote
Do not know why someone would be injecting a clear liquid to draw a tube of blood.  Usually, long story short, a needle goes in the vein and a tube fills with the red stuff.  It is a rather obvious process that people have commonly experienced.

So yes, would guess a tuberculosis skin test which is commonly administered in a correctional setting.  An inmate may also be segregated from general population if refusing tuberculosis testing, thus the potential "unfavorable situation if refused".   I was not there, but given the brief story posted by the OP that would be my first guess.

Or less likely, but possibly they offered a flu vaccine because it is that time of year.

Your reply is proof there is not a subforum on this site that is not a crap show anymore.  Adding another person to my ignore list...
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Why possibly a flu vaccine?  It is that time of year.  Unfavorable situation if refused?  Perhaps the staff read their standard refusal form to document they offered it.  Negative consequences of refusing being possible permanent disability, death, etc. ...

There is not much else staff would walk around offering to inject in people's bodies who just arrived at the jail.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 1:47:47 AM EDT
[#23]
My dept jail doesn't do vaccinations. If an inmate needed treatment for an injury the inmate might get taken to a local hospital and the hospital might give certain vaccinations (such as tetanus) but the jail medical staff does not give flu vaccines. I don't know about TB tests but they do not do it as a general rule. Maybe in select cases but not as a general rule and definitely not to someone who is only there on a DUI charge.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 4:32:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like how a drunk would describe a blood draw. Could have been saline to clear a tube line/lock, especially if they put in a lock first and she was dehydrated and the line collapsed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 2:32:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like she either:
A: is both a liar and a criminal.
B: was served a warrant and blood draw.
C: there is no 3rd option. It's A or B.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 3:05:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My dept jail doesn't do vaccinations. If an inmate needed treatment for an injury the inmate might get taken to a local hospital and the hospital might give certain vaccinations (such as tetanus) but the jail medical staff does not give flu vaccines. I don't know about TB tests but they do not do it as a general rule. Maybe in select cases but not as a general rule and definitely not to someone who is only there on a DUI charge.
View Quote
When I was arrested and booked into San Diego Downtown Central approx 2002
Yea I was handcuffed to a chair and a nurse or medical personnel ask me a series of questions.
Are you on any medications? No
Are you hiv +? No
Do you have tb or hepatitis? No
Are you suicidal? No
Are you a homosexual? No
Maybe a few other questions but that was most of what I remember.
Then you were given a wrist band. Different colors indicated something.
Then off you go to be assigned housing and a bag meal lol.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sounds like she either:
A: is both a liar and a criminal.
B: was served a warrant and blood draw.
C: there is no 3rd option. It's A or B.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
We aren't supposed to talk about that.  Secret squirrel stuff must stay in the possession of the secret squirrel.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#30]
My guess would be the clear liquid was just a flush after the stick for a court ordered draw.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Clear tube pushed into vaccutainer holder to draw blood looks like a clear syringe being pushed when one is very drunk, perhaps.

No way they are injecting anything into someone who is clearly intoxicated and incapable of giving consent absent a clear life threatening medical emergency.

I’m going with blood draw.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Clear tube pushed into vaccutainer holder to draw blood looks like a clear syringe being pushed when one is very drunk, perhaps.

No way they are injecting anything into someone who is clearly intoxicated and incapable of giving consent absent a clear life threatening medical emergency.

I’m going with blood draw.
View Quote
This. After all she was toasted.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I believe this was a Cobb county jail but not sure which facility. I'll see her again today and will get some more info about this. Thanks for all the feedback  gentlemen.
View Quote
Make sure to lay the pipe before you bring it up.

Might get pissed and not want to talk anymore.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#34]
@jharpphoto

Were you ever able to get more information? Did your friend request their records?
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#35]
saw the chick yesterday and she said all charges were dropped.  She didn't  know why and I'm sure she didn't care.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#36]
More likely the case is pending lab results. It takes us about 2-3 months to get blood alcohol results and 3-4 months to get blood drug results.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My guess would be the clear liquid was just a flush after the stick for a court ordered draw.
View Quote
Which would dilute the blood draw.Most drunks would love this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top