Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2019 4:35:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, BUT I'm taking degrees 4, 6, and 15 tonight.  Did Royal Arch last month.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#2]
When I saw the Knights of Columbus guy I knew it would be a GD show, I will make a stop by and see can be done. Some people watch too much history channel
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
TBS you have the patience of a saint...

You and some of the other Brothers posting in that thread are true assets to the Fraternity.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I see it as an opportunity.  We're never convince some people and it's a fools errand to try.  But there are others that are reading that thread that have the opportunity to see the fraternity in a positive "light".

Let's remember that and keep our cool.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Great responses TBS. I was glad that you showed up and brought the cavalry. I get a little touchy when that crowd shows up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Fuckem. I don't have an ignore list anymore (it'll be a month or two before I can afford it) so I mostly just stay out of threads like than when they start to get stupid.

In pretty much any thread, people are just going to start saying random things that show they have no idea what they are talking about. At least they have the common courtesy to identify themselves.

I don't do that of course. Definitely not me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont have time for all 5 pages....

But I am surprised to see some of the more educated members talking out of their asses.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a question based on a few things I read in that thread.

I assume deists are eligible to become freemasons as they believe in a god or creator of the universe, and many historically famous deist were freemasons.

Would a deist be looked down upon if they rejected religious scriptures but still believe in a creator?

What would a deist swear their oath on?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow.  That thread has some level 100 stupid in it.

Some people get so caught up in their own view of their own religion that they can’t see the forest for the trees

Masonry is not a religion, nor does it discriminate on what religions it’s members choose.  I’m not quite sure why some are too dense to be able to understand that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a question based on a few things I read in that thread.

I assume deists are eligible to become freemasons as they believe in a god or creator of the universe, and many historically famous deist were freemasons.

Would a deist be looked down upon if they rejected religious scriptures but still believe in a creator?

What would a deist swear their oath on?

Thank you.
View Quote
You would certainly not be looked down upon.  You would be welcomed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top