BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Grand kids life, you're cute. The CCP owns the schools and they own your kids. That's Leninism 101. Give me a year with a child, I'll have a Bolshevik for life.

You think you're grand kids will be willing to face the penalties for being caught with that? Or where they gonna shoot it? Ranges will be shut down because lead is toxic. Wait for that one. It's a culture war. We lost.

Again, buy what you want, it's your money, but your grandkids aren't gonna be set up for life
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Buck’s mentality is stashing for the rest of your life and your grand kid’s life
You crack one on the cement, dog chews one,
Kids leave one at the range, etc

Not 100 loaded mags to mag dump towards UN blue helmets

Grand kids life, you're cute. The CCP owns the schools and they own your kids. That's Leninism 101. Give me a year with a child, I'll have a Bolshevik for life.

You think you're grand kids will be willing to face the penalties for being caught with that? Or where they gonna shoot it? Ranges will be shut down because lead is toxic. Wait for that one. It's a culture war. We lost.

Again, buy what you want, it's your money, but your grandkids aren't gonna be set up for life

iv got a range in my back yard, and theres land to shoot on for miles around out here. as for the kids / grandkids future. i cant predict what they will do with my " gifts" after i give them to them. all i can do is try to be a good influence, teach them, and set them up with each a small gun collection, that they could never afford otherwise.

they might pawn all of it the next day, but at least i did my part and ill feel a great satisfaction for doing my part. if they waste it, thats on them, but they will never be able to say i didnt do my part to try and leave them better in life than i was at their age. all i know is i wish to hell i had been given such a gift early in my life.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

In other words: if you want to know why things are bad you can look in the mirror. Getting the bigger house and the third car was more important than doing your job as a parent.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

iv got a range in my back yard, and theres land to shoot on for miles around out here. as for the kids / grandkids future. i cant predict what they will do with my " gifts" after i give them to them. all i can do is try to be a good influence, teach them, and set them up with each a small gun collection, that they could never afford otherwise.

they might pawn all of it the next day, but at least i did my part and ill feel a great satisfaction for doing my part. if they waste it, thats on them, but they will never be able to say i didnt do my part to try and leave them better in life than i was at their age. all i know is i wish to hell i had been given such a gift early in my life.
View Quote

If the indoctrination stuck they wouldn't be constantly trying to get a hold of them at ever younger ages.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Any deals on this wonderful Sunday?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Magpul-PMAG-60-Round-223-556-AR15-M4-Drum-Magazine-p/mag576-case.htm

8 pack of D60s for under $800
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Magpul-PMAG-60-Round-223-556-AR15-M4-Drum-Magazine-p/mag576-case.htm

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I could split that between D50s and D60s.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]
do we like the kci drum mags?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I have more M&P and P320 mags on the way.

I'm good on AR mags.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
They may be fine but the Romanian drums have a long track record of being high quality.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They may be fine but the Romanian drums have a long track record of being high quality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Know of anyone selling the Romanian Drums? Or Romanian box mags at all?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Agree for imported magazines or anything unusual, but Mapgul is churning out Pmags like mad.  I can't see those "running out" anytime soon unless they cut production.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have more M&P and P320 mags on the way.

I'm good on AR mags.
View Quote

good man.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Agree for imported magazines or anything unusual, but Mapgul is churning out Pmags like mad.  I can't see those "running out" anytime soon unless they cut production.
View Quote

magpul kicks ass with production, hell we can probably do like the russians and pave roads with mags soon.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Even the HiPoint redball hi-cap mags are flying out the door. 9mm is gone. Bought a few more in 45acp because, for reasons.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#16]
In 2004-2005, when the AWB sunset and the market was flooded, I purchased over a hundred AR magazines.

Ya'll should too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are the Amend 2 and ETS extended Glock mags any good?
View Quote

I have a bunch of ETS 9mm Glock mags and haven't had any problems with them. I prefer them to Magpul Glock mags
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hey thanks
I ordered 5 of the "good".  My 226 Elite is one of the few handguns that I still only own one mag for.   Sig mags are $$ yo
View Quote

Mec-Gar and Checkmate are OEMs for Sig. The Mec-Gar 17 rounders for the p229 are $10 cheaper than the 15 round ones sold by Sig

So I've been buying those.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are 1911 (Or other single stack/low capacity mags) currently a poor allocation of funds? IE Shield EZ 9mm, Glock 23, H&K .45s etc

I have one 1911 and maybe 5 mags. Honestly it’s just a suppressor host
Are limited funds best diverted to $22 g17 mags or $10 pmags?

Buck, I know your mentality is not so much for flipping but to stash in case they go poof and grandkids can still shoot...
View Quote

I wouldn't be surprised to see a ban of all online mag sales along with the expected overall ban on normal magazines. If you have a preferred type of 1911 mag or AICS mag etc... that you can only find online and not locally then I don't think that'd be a waste. I spent a cringey amount on 5 and 10 round AICS mags this year because I can only find Magpuls locally and they won't work in my Tikka.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Picked up a few more G17 mags locally this weekend. Interesting that there was no ammo to be found, but mags for days. Probably 200+ factory G19 mags on an endcap, tons of Pmags of most varieties, and P320 mags were very well stocked at the Scheels in Fargo.

I hadn't been in a sporting goods store in about a year, I was surprised to see mags readily available.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i got one of the 50rd .556 drums...

i would like to find some 7.62x39 drums, but they have to fit my armalite m-15, and all i can find for ar-15 pattern 7.62 commie mags is 20 and 10 rounders...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I just bought 10 more okays.  They are black teflon with little bumps for my pleasure.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
mags in general will take legislation to restrict.
View Quote

There has been no legislation regarding ammo has there?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What are ya gonna put in them?  Ain't no ammo.
View Quote

No ammo shortage at my location.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Take a look at the CO law. They chose 2013 as a date for ownership and it’s up to you to prove it. I’m not sure buying now is even the best idea but I can’t think of an alternative either.
View Quote

For someone who just turned 18, that might be a stretch to prove ownership in 2013.  But you'd have to be investigated for some other reason before the .gov would start doing that sort of math.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I got my used m&p9 mags from aim. Overall great for $14.99 per. I have current use mags with more wear
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that most of GD isn't shooting much anymore, and magazines only wear out from cycling, so....as long as you keep them stored out of the sun, ten pmags per rifle would probably keep you set for life.

In real logic, which I know nobody here fucks with, you will not get into or survive a firefight that'll last more than two magazines.

It's your money, use it on what you like though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that most of GD isn't shooting much anymore, and magazines only wear out from cycling, so....as long as you keep them stored out of the sun, ten pmags per rifle would probably keep you set for life.

In real logic, which I know nobody here fucks with, you will not get into or survive a firefight that'll last more than two magazines.

It's your money, use it on what you like though

It's not just you, it's the rest of your people as well.   A lot here are responsible for an entire household, and are making choices now that may impact their kids and grandkids who aren't old enough to look out for themselves, or not even born yet.

Quoted:

Mandatory brainwashing of kids is well into FO territory.   They're wanted to disarm us because they plan to do things that would make people want to shoot them.  They do not have enough time left to boil the frog like they tried from the 70's to the early 00's and failed with the sunset in '04, therefore things will come to a head before they can meaningfully disarm people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#28]
My mags and spare parts kits came in today.

Now all I need is a box or two of SD ammo for the 380.  Got plenty of FMJ for practice.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

For someone who just turned 18, that might be a stretch to prove ownership in 2013.  But you'd have to be investigated for some other reason before the .gov would start doing that sort of math.
View Quote

Is it the original owner or you just have to prove it was made before 2013?

As far as investigations, CO gun owners are just one governor away from a Cuomo or Newsom.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Take a look at the CO law. They chose 2013 as a date for ownership and it’s up to you to prove it. I’m not sure buying now is even the best idea but I can’t think of an alternative either.
View Quote

@SFENDER

Your statement piqued my interest so I decided to fact check you, just to be sure.

Co has a clause in their mag law that specificially states the burden of proof is on the state. Go here, scroll 4 posts down to the link provided and see section 2(b)

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@SFENDER

Your statement piqued my interest so I decided to fact check you, just to be sure.

Co has a clause in their mag law that specificially states the burden of proof is on the state.

Go here, scroll down to the lonk provided and see section 2(b)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@SFENDER

Co has a clause in their mag law that specificially states the burden of proof is on the state.

Go here, scroll down to the lonk provided and see section 2(b)

Yea, I read that information, but I am not sure its that clear. Regardless, I saw what I referenced on one of those legal summary pages that lawyers put up during recent research. I certainly hope its not the case and thanks for the follow-up. I think the bigger issue is inconsistent enforcement. In my view that only lasts until its no longer politically convenient in a given circumstance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You know what. It don’t matter.

It doesn’t fuckin matter. Everyone’s sitting on 500 pmags and it ain’t gonna do shit.

When dementia man bans them everyone will prop that case up in there basement and be like yeah man soon when it’s FO time I’ll need these.

But guess what. It ain’t ever gonna happen.

Flame away.
View Quote

I don't like cleaning guns so I'm not gonna fire a shot!  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Always enjoy Buck's threads, he reminds me of my old farmer Grandpa, when I was young he used to walk into my apartment and go straight to the fridge, open it and then say " Boy you ain't got a bit of food in here!"

me: " Aww grandaddy, i'll go to the grocery later today"

him: " Well boy what are you gonna do if you wake up one day and the grocery stores don't have any food and are all closed?"

me: "Seems kinda far-fetched"

him: "Boy I have SEEN it happen".

He was right.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Always enjoy Buck's threads, he reminds me of my old farmer Grandpa, when I was young he used to walk into my apartment and go straight to the fridge, open it and then say " Boy you ain't got a bit of food in here!"

me: " Aww grandaddy, i'll go to the grocery later today"

him: " Well boy what are you gonna do if you wake up one day and the grocery stores don't have any food and are all closed?"

me: "Seems kinda far-fetched"

him: "Boy I have SEEN it happen".

He was right.
View Quote

damn right, you run out of toilet paper again and its going to be

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#35]

He got me too

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ordered two d60s been wanting for awhile.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Yeah then there's the 20 Metalform mags for my new AR9 and some Mec-gar 75B mags.  I need to stay away from his website

Someday maybe the DWX will be released so I actually have a use for the 18 P-09 magazines that I now have.  CZ/Dan Wesson needs to get their shit together

ETA: I'm using ammo sale proceeds to buy stuff.  I'd rather have mags and other stuff than ammo I will never shoot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#39]
especially if you live in Washington State
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#40]

I bet that was a buck or two.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#41]
I just bought a m&p 1522 pistol off gunbroker. Does anyone have mags in stock for these?
I'm scared to ask, how many do I need?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ordered two d60s been wanting for awhile.
View Quote

Ordered the case of 8 this weekend, shipped this morning, should be here Thursday.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah it was :-(

I am contemplating buying a few more Metalform mags too.  I have a problem.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just bought a m&p 1522 pistol off gunbroker. Does anyone have mags in stock for these?
I'm scared to ask, how many do I need?
View Quote

A couple of 10's for prone and 5 or 6 25's.  And get a McFadden Lightning Loader so you can fill them up fast.  That will seem like enough mags if you can fill them in a couple of minutes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:36:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Just finished loading all these mags except for 2 usp mags and the 3 amber mags were from my msar I kept around that still had ammo in them.
10 42rd AUG mags, 10 30rd AUG pmags, 5 usp 45 mags.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just finished loading all these mags except for 2 usp mags and the 3 amber mags were from my msar I kept around that still had ammo in them.
10 42rd AUG mags, 10 30rd AUG pmags, 5 usp 45 mags.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177719/20210125_212121-1797042.jpg

View Quote

Awesome !

Now drop them and the aug in a box, and ship it to me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Awesome !

Now drop them and the aug in a box, and ship it to me.
View Quote

With or without resonator???
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Mags are drying up in my area. Few shops that I frequent usually sells used mags that come extra with guns people trade in or sell and one shop sells bulk police trade in mags. All the used and police trade ins are gone except for a couple odd ball magazines that’s been there for a long time. Their new magazines for common pistols and AR’s are almost bare. Both have a bunch of Korean AK mags for 10.99. They just feel very cheap. The welds are damn near non existent. No LPK’s at either, usually both have at least 10 in stock, no spare parts left. One always has extra parts like buffer springs, various weight buffers, spring kits, extras like detents, roll pins, gas tubes, and gas blocks. All gone. Has ammo, 20 rds of Federal .223 $20 a box. Federal 9mm 50rds $45 a box, Winchester .45 acp 50 rd box $50 a box Tula 7.62x39 20 rd box $15 a box Federal .308 20 rd box $40 a box. No .40 S&W. 525 Federal value pack .22 $50 a box. Not a whole lot of selection of firearms. I think I’m pretty much done at this point going into the local shops. I like to hit them up on my way home from work every week to see if anything odds come in on trade. I’d say people in my area are starting to buy up mags and parts like you warn in your thread. The mags and parts held in there for awhile.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Without, got my own.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mags are drying up in my area. Few shops that I frequent usually sells used mags that come extra with guns people trade in or sell and one shop sells bulk police trade in mags. All the used and police trade ins are gone except for a couple odd ball magazines that’s been there for a long time. Their new magazines for common pistols and AR’s are almost bare. Both have a bunch of Korean AK mags for 10.99. They just feel very cheap. The welds are damn near non existent. No LPK’s at either, usually both have at least 10 in stock, no spare parts left. One always has extra parts like buffer springs, various weight buffers, spring kits, extras like detents, roll pins, gas tubes, and gas blocks. All gone. Has ammo, 20 rds of Federal .223 $20 a box. Federal 9mm 50rds $45 a box, Winchester .45 acp 50 rd box $50 a box Tula 7.62x39 20 rd box $15 a box Federal .308 20 rd box $40 a box. No .40 S&W. 525 Federal value pack .22 $50 a box. Not a whole lot of selection of firearms. I think I’m pretty much done at this point going into the local shops. I like to hit them up on my way home from work every week to see if anything odds come in on trade. I’d say people in my area are starting to buy up mags and parts like you warn in your thread. The mags and parts held in there for awhile.
View Quote

Im seeing online stores inventory dropping day by day, i think people are buying inventory faster than its being replaced, soon it will catch up and mags, and parts will be gone like guns n ammo.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top