Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/17/2021 7:13:24 AM EDT
how will you treat those that chose not to listen to your constant advice to stock up while they can?

my best friend and his wife have been ignoring me for a year about this , i told him buy ammo , buy mags , buy the guns you wanted but have been putting off, deaf ears

i literally had to buy 1K of 9mm , 1k of 5.56 .and 1k of x39 and say you want in on this to get him to buy at least SOME ammo , because i know its going to be a sob story later as to how he is out of ammo and gets pissed when i cut him off with no

New years i watched him send at least 100 rounds into his woods at the stroke f midnight , i said you know you can get a noise maker at a novelty store for $3.50

i prepare for me , while preparing for the years to come family and friends do not factor in , i simply do not have the cash flow , im strapped now preparing for myself , so once i recover im expected to just feel sorry for those  that did not feel the crunch of prep and dole out my goods?

F that , i even sent him the link right to mags when they were still 12.87 cents a piece , his response , i have a couple ,when he says "couple" he means two

nephews same way
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I definitely won't rub it in their faces.

Trust no one
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, my mid 20something niece lost a friend to COVID last week and suddenly woke up. She has my Dad's Bersa 380, my other sister and I bent over backwards to find some ammo and was happy to do it. Pricey but we made it happen. My sons/family have already been factored in years ago.

Everyone else can get fucked.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, my mid 20something niece lost a friend to COVID last week and suddenly woke up. She has my Dad's Bersa 380, my other sister and I bent over backwards to find some ammo and was happy to do it. Pricey but we made it happen. My sons/family have already been factored in years ago.

View Quote

omF'n god it just doesn't stop
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Like everyone else all those people can just assume I have nothing because that’s my story in a world where immediate family are calling the fbi on each other for being at the wrong protest.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I definitely won't rub it in their faces.

Trust no one
View Quote

no one said anything about rubbing it in anyone's faces , i'm talking about people that you fell just short of beating them over the head with a ammo can ,who did not listen , i'm talking family and friends , will you sell them your nut in pieces knowing full well you did everything in your power to wake them the fuck up?

a little here , a little there and next you will be in the red
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:34:42 AM EDT
[#6]
This has happened to me with prior panics/threatening circumstances.

I still encourage people to prep and how to do it but after not been taken seriously for more than 20 years I don't encourage people as hard anymore. When they contact me bellyaching and whining that they are now behind the 8 ball I just tell them that I have what I need and I suggest they get busy not before it's too late but that it is too late.

Actually, after being labeled a conspiracy theorist and a radical doomsdayer over the years I really have NFG. I need to eat, drink water, and bathe so I have planned accordingly.

This kinda sums it up pretty accurately.

The Shelter
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:37:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Like everyone else all those people can just assume I have nothing because that’s my story in a world where immediate family are calling the fbi on each other for being at the wrong protest.
View Quote

you are delusional if you believe that

unless you are a shut in who lives in a bunker surrounded by piss jugs , you are going to stand there and tell me you managed to keep your gun and ammo habit a secret from your family and friends to the point they are oblivious to what you have or can reasonably assume you have?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

no one said anything about rubbing it in anyone's faces , i'm talking about people that you fell just short of beating them over the head with a ammo can ,who did not listen , i'm talking family and friends , will you sell them your nut in pieces knowing full well you did everything in your power to wake them the fuck up?

a little here , a little there and next you will be in the red
View Quote

Luckily the few people I warned stocked up in varying degrees. everyone, including myself regret not buying more

if I warned someone and they failed to listen they're on their own.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

you are delusional if you believe that

unless you are a shut in who lives in a bunker surrounded by piss jugs , you are going to stand there and tell me you managed to keep your gun and ammo habit a secret from your family and friends to the point they are oblivious to what you have or can reasonably assume you have?
View Quote

Yeah well, that’s my story.

Also, my bunker has a drain.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

My mother's sister's best friend's husband died of the shanghai shivers.
I've been telling my best friend to buy ammo for 2 years and he never did. He has a brand new Beretta M92 that he bought last year that he hasn't fired yet since he can't find any ammo. I tild him I ain't giving him shit since he never listened to me. I might break down and give him a hundred rounds, I don't know.
OP, you;ve been on a roll with these early-mornig threads. Also, when you want to ponder a thought it's "..." NOT ",,,"!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#11]
With haughty derision
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#12]
You had your chance now you are on your own.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:51:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Just maybe he had no money..........
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I have at least 100 rounds for my bolt action 22.

I’m good.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've been telling my best friend to buy ammo for 2 years and he never did. He has a brand new Beretta M92 that he bought last year that he hasn't fired yet since he can't find any ammo. I tild him I ain't giving him shit since he never listened to me. I might break down and give him a hundred rounds, I don't know.
OP, you;ve been on a roll with these early-mornig threads. Also, when you want to ponder a thought it's "..." NOT ",,,"!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could give him 100 rds.  At least let him shoot it and fill his mags after.  Universe!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Good friend of mine hasn’t listened for years.

Always buying/trading off guns, never buying ammunition.
I’d repeatedly send him links to SGAmmo for $169/k Magtech 9mm, only to be met with “nah I’m good, I still have like 500 rounds, plus I need to buy another new 4-wheeler.” Never got the point. Just yesterday the same dude ordered a $300 binary trigger for his 10/22. Of course I asked him how much ammo he had for it, answer was 2000 rounds. Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I’m good.
View Quote

I found a box of 12 ga slugs and 100 cci in my truck yesterday.  Woot woot!

I'm rich bitch!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I won't care? I'm not responsible for anyone else's safety besides mine and my immediate family.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
how will you treat those that chose not to listen to your constant advice to stock up while they can?

my best friend and his wife have been ignoring me for a year about this , i told him buy ammo , buy mags , buy the guns you wanted but have been putting off, deaf ears

i literally had to buy 1K of 9mm , 1k of 5.56 .and 1k of x39 and say you want in on this to get him to buy at least SOME ammo , because i know its going to be a sob story later as to how he is out of ammo and gets pissed when i cut him off with no

New years i watched him send at least 100 rounds into his woods at the stroke f midnight , i said you know you can get a noise maker at a novelty store for $3.50

i prepare for me , while preparing for the years to come family and friends do not factor in , i simply do not have the cash flow , im strapped now preparing for myself , so once i recover im expected to just feel sorry for those  that did not feel the crunch of prep and dole out my goods?

F that , i even sent him the link right to mags when they were still 12.87 cents a piece , his response , i have a couple ,when he says "couple" he means two

nephews same way
View Quote

I buy ammo and mags and rifles assuming I’m going to be outfitting the people I care about who aren’t gun people.

I can’t be awake 24/7 and having people I trust in my camp to help protect my family and I do the same for them is how you survive shit shows like what might be coming. Don’t be smug, but do make them aware when the time comes that taking your aid means you are in charge.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I’m good.
View Quote

INSURRECTIONIST ARSENAL!!!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You could give him 100 rds.  At least let him shoot it and fill his mags after.  Universe!
View Quote

That's what I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I won't care? I'm not responsible for anyone else's safety besides mine and my immediate family.
View Quote

+1

Unless you are my wife, or came out of my wife’s uterus, you’re on your own.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

+1

Unless you are my wife, or came out of my wife’s uterus, you’re on your own.
View Quote

Those of you with this mentality will find yourselves being overrun by people who choose to work together. Then you will be dead and all your ammo going into their supplies.

Human beings are herd animals. Build your herd. Be a leader, plan for those who don’t and then use their man power in exchange for your aid.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Those of you with this mentality will find yourselves being overrun by people who choose to work together. Then you will be dead and all your ammo going into their supplies.

Human beings are herd animals. Build your herd. Be a leader, plan for those who don’t and then use their man power in exchange for your aid.
View Quote

We have a herd, we're just too stupid to organize it.

It'll be too late once the range goes 2 way hot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Everyone that I know well enough to associate with is good to go.

I work with a few people like OP describes though.  One guy talked for years about wanting an AR but never did for one reason or another.  I sent him links to $279 PSA kits multiple times and it was always "maybe next paycheck".  He eventually got one but paid more than he could have and has no ammo for it.

Quoted:

View Quote

My neighbors are very nice, older, uber-christian weirdos...but they're really good at gardening.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Organizational issues stemming from rugged idealistic individualism will occur in both.

Warlord shit if you're not careful.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Well... All of the people that I know who have died of COVID told me with their last dying breath, “Take...All...of...MYAMMMOoooo”
Sucks being poor OP sorry not sorry.

ETA: 12.87 cent magazines?  Where are you finding $0.13 magazines? Quit holding out on us.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

nephews same way
View Quote

I don't give constant advice, annoying people to death only does one thing, annoys them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#29]
I traded a couple hundred rounds of 5.56 to a co-worker for a bottle of Weller 12 year. Couple more friends dug up some reloading supplies so I cranked out a few rounds for them since I have the press and dies. Of course I did it while sampling the Weller so I hope everything turns out OK!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't give constant advice, annoying people to death only does one thing, annoys them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nephews same way

Wtf with your avatar. You giving that dude your white pill?

That shit annoys me.

Dont let lil pone see it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#31]
By and large, other people's ammo supplies are not my business.

For the few that I trust for mutual support if it came down to it, I'd hook them up if needed. Then again, the fact that they're self-sufficient enough to be in that circle means they probably won't need it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I traded a couple hundred rounds of 5.56 to a co-worker for a bottle of Weller 12 year. Couple more friends dug up some reloading supplies so I cranked out a few rounds for them since I have the press and dies. Of course I did it while sampling the Weller so I hope everything turns out OK!
View Quote

Hopefully you don't look like this after sampling your reloads:
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That shit annoys me.

View Quote

I like baseball so I have a baseball themed avatar.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, don't worry, I would NEVER shoot reloads I made while drinking!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Tell them to go to SGammo every day.
They will eventually find what they need.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

......... i'm talking family and friends , will you sell them your nut in pieces.....
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#37]
I'll just pick it up from the mesh backed hat wearers  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
By and large, other people's ammo supplies are not my business.

For the few that I trust for mutual support if it came down to it, I'd hook them up if needed. Then again, the fact that they're self-sufficient enough to be in that circle means they probably won't need it.
View Quote

Pretty much this. If they make it to my house I’ll take care of them. Most of them have a long ways to come.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#39]

we live in a deep rural, area predominantly Mormon

they're showing us how to go 7 years without ever setting foot in a grocery store
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That shit annoys me.

Odd pic, favorite player?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#41]
If they didn’t prepare then they are on their own.  A few close friends I have provided with a box or two of ammo but that’s it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#42]

He is not my favorite player, but he had an interesting side job before making it to the majors.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

i'm seeing a black and white pic of an older lady. I thought she was your gramma or something.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Oh, don't worry, I would NEVER shoot reloads I made while drinking!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

i'm seeing a black and white pic of an older lady. I thought she was your gramma or something.
View Quote

That was my old avatar, my favorite author Flannery O'Connor, I think there some bugs on this platform from the DNS denial from GoDaddy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#47]
We all talk tough on the internet and before the fact. We also want to pretend its going to be like The Road, where we can gun someone down who is asking to borrow a cup of sugar.

But in the real world there are people we care about and worry about regardless of their mindset. I have young family members that I don't want to see suffer just because their parents are oblivious. We will all have to decide on how we are really going to deal with this situation and virtually everyone of us have the same problem.

You can buy 150 pounds of rice and 60 pounds of beans for about $120. That is enough to keep an adult human alive for a year. $120...that's it.

Now let me expound on that. If you consider yourself a patriot and don't have this food put up then fuck you. You will be a hindrance and a detriment to the rest of us.

You cannot help your country if you can't help yourself.

Edit: As far as guns and ammo,  they are of course great to have but the amount that will actually be needed is far less that most fantasize about.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That was my old avatar, my favorite author Flannery O'Connor, I think there some bugs on this platform from the DNS denial from GoDaddy.
View Quote

So you replaced it with some crass shit?

Something tells me you'll be outing yourself sooner than later.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#49]
I have helped out several family members who just got into shooting within the last year.

But those who have owned for years I am letting them learn a hard lesson
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top