Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i heard that it was around 200

now i hear its a couple thousand.

anyone know for sure?

this whole ordeal makes the Iran hostage situation look like a joke
View Quote

Thousands. If Dan Bongino is right, thr Taliban have biometric data on Afghanis that helped us. Abandoning Bagram AFB was an idiotic thing to do. Even Stevie Wonder could have sense the stupidity in it. This is going to be a slaughterhouse
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:01:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Per NBC

As many as 15,000 Americans remain in Afghanistan after the Taliban's takeover of the country, Biden administration officials told Senate staffers Tuesday, two aides said.

Two Senate aides confirmed that they were given that figure in a briefing led by national security and defense officials.

The Washington Post first reported that the staffers were told that 10,000 to 15,000 U.S. citizens remain in the country.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:02:42 AM EDT
[#3]
All of them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:06:14 AM EDT
[#4]
You "heard" it was around 200, now you heard it was a "couple thousand"?
Site your unreliable sources.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:06:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Per NBC

As many as 15,000 Americans remain in Afghanistan after the Taliban's takeover of the country, Biden administration officials told Senate staffers Tuesday, two aides said.

Two Senate aides confirmed that they were given that figure in a briefing led by national security and defense officials.

The Washington Post first reported that the staffers were told that 10,000 to 15,000 U.S. citizens remain in the country.
View Quote

Oh my God
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:08:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Unicef and organizations like that are full of Americans who are there by choice. The taliban invited them to stay and promised them protection so they're going to stay.

No, I'm not kidding.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:08:34 AM EDT
[#7]
You know who is stuck in Astan?
Joe Fuckin Biden.
That's who.
He will not survive it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:09:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been hearing anything from >10,000 Americans to >80k people who need to be evacuated.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:19:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Of all the colossal fuckups this nation has mishandled this is the 2nd biggest one that we have ever committed

I have not felt this bad since 9/11

People in government need to go to jail over this

But they won't

Because our government is a sham

... And they tried to impeach our guy twice

I'm going to bed And probably going to call in tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:30:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unicef and organizations like that are full of Americans who are there by choice. The taliban invited them to stay and promised them protection so they're going to stay.

No, I'm not kidding.
View Quote
The TB knows they'll need outside help. To achieve that, they can not be slaughtering aid workers. We'll see what happens.

I see a lot of young, internet savvy TB guys. And remember, the feckin' Arabs are always on top of getting into the newest gadgets and tech. These guys KNOW that being medieval will be on the evening news around the world in an hour.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:31:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
All of them.
View Quote

Came to post this!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:34:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Not an issue, Joe Xiden has planned for all of the contingencies that could come up.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:34:43 AM EDT
[#13]
87 people.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:42:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The TB knows they'll need outside help. To achieve that, they can not be slaughtering aid workers. We'll see what happens.

I see a lot of young, internet savvy TB guys. And remember, the feckin' Arabs are always on top of getting into the newest gadgets and tech. These guys KNOW that being medieval will be on the evening news around the world in an hour.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.

I dont think the taliban leadership will string them up for publicity or anything. I also don't think the lowly taliban "private", or any other Afghan male, for that matter, gives a flying fuck about optics and would have no problem raping the shit out of some unicef karen.

They won't be nearly as safe there as they have been, even if the taliban leadership will let them stay.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:46:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Per NBC

View Quote

This is the iran hostage situation all over again except 10x worse with an even more incompetent buffoon in office.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I’d trust the Taliban like I would trust a pitbull with a child.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:51:41 AM EDT
[#17]
What difference does it make?
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:59:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This is the iran hostage situation all over again except 10x worse with an even more incompetent buffoon in office.
View Quote

We don’t know what’s going to happen yet.  

Taliban could easily shell the airport and attack the forces there but for now, they’re just letting us leave.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 2:02:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i heard that it was around 200

now i hear its a couple thousand.

anyone know for sure?

this whole ordeal makes the Iran hostage situation look like a joke
View Quote

Depends

According to some media the republican claim that some americans are left behind in the chaotic situation is a lie.

Then again, I expect nothing else from the media. They will do anything to protect Xiden
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 2:03:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What difference does it make?
View Quote

It makes all the difference...
It depends on how far you are going to take it.

Personally, well I don't give a fuck anymore.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 3:55:03 AM EDT
[#21]
A better question is "why" are there any Americans there?
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 4:10:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Per NBC

View Quote

Currently told to "shelter in place" while Taliban have complete control over them.  FUCK BIDEN
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 4:12:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Oh my God
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Per NBC

Oh my God

I feel the same way, LP. This situation is really pissing me off.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 5:20:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Guy I work with called a buddy who just left Kabul (probably knows hoody actually), and he said all the contractors and gov types are gone. If anyone is left they're not associated with the embassy, cia, or any other gov org.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 7:58:42 AM EDT
[#25]
FUCKING 15K!?

GOD FUCKING DANM IT!

FUCK HIM!

FUCK THEM ALL!

THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS FOR THIS!
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:09:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Guy I work with called a buddy who just left Kabul (probably knows hoody actually), and he said all the contractors and gov types are gone. If anyone is left they're not associated with the embassy, cia, or any other gov org.
View Quote

This is mostly true.  There is a huge American presence outside of the official uncle sugar channels.  Everyone thinks of contractors as being the type for KBR, and hired guns but on the flip side there was a fuck ton of us living out in the city.  We still did .gov shit but we had our own compounds, security, etc.  

An example would be what I was doing there.  I was making around $1000/day to go to Afg work sites for the .mil and be the US Certified electrician on site.   Looking back it was pretty dumb because I drove and was driven all over that shithole in a Surf without much more than a handgun most of the time.  I had a clearance so I was able to get Into some really cool secret squirrel locations though.  The only way I finally got an LOA and CAC card was because I fixed the access control on the TOC at Camp Phoenix since Fluor kept fucking them around.  Getting to finally eat in a DFAC in Afg after being there for well over a year was kinda a nice victory.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#27]
The azure sky is dead
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#28]
I guess the old thinkers were right

In the end all you have is your religion
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I believe the TB are going to smile for the cameras while all the attention is there. There going to let US citizens go and “ others”.

Others is kinda like the southern border.

Once things calm down with the news and they move on to something else, say 6 months it will be game on by the TB with hardline rule.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#30]
The press was saying last night many of those left are missionaries.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Our government is a joke!
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Our government is a joke!
View Quote

And this surprises you how?
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The press was saying last night many of those left are missionaries.  
View Quote

Now THAT could go very badly if the Talibs decide to go hard over towards the "get that old time Muslim religion" ISIS direction.

"Infidel missionaries proselytizing good Afghan Muslims?  DEATH!!!  Somebody converted because of them?  APOSTAPHY!!!  DOUBLE DEATH!!!"

All streamed worldwide live in glorious 4K.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#34]
I wish I could wake up from this nightmare
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I think the important number is how many Americans are in Afghanistan and were not advised to leave before now?

My guess is that the NGOs, private citizens, contractors, journalists, and so forth were all advised by the U.S. State Department to leave Afghanistan or at least made aware of the impending withdrawal of U.S. military forces.  

I mean not to sound like a jerk, but when the USA pulled out of Bagram Airbase that should have been a clue that it was time to maybe leave Afghanistan for a bit and at least wait for things to stabilize. I have to imagine anyone of any intelligence knew that there could be an elevated risk following the turn over of Bagram to the ANA.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#36]
I just don't understand how or why we would have 15000 non military people in that country.

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I just don't understand how or why we would have 15000 non military people in that country.

View Quote

Add up all of the various NGOs. Assign a fairly small number to each entity, say, 200 people. Add up the numbers, it doesn't take long to hit a much bigger number
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#38]
We're going to wind up with dead Americans as a direct result of Joe Biden's incompetence.

I mean, directly as a result.  With pictures and everything.

We'll probably never have an exact body count on this disaster, either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top