Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2021 10:38:55 AM EDT
I *swear* I asked this in GD, can't find it, my time is horribly limited now and for the foreseeable future.

I have a secondary job in a cleared facility. If that sounds like gibberish, it means you can't have your phone, or smartwatch, or anything that helps you go about your normal day once you are inside the fenceline. Can't even bring notes back outside; maybe that's health info, maybe it's code so no.

I really need to watch my heart rate. Pulse ox would be super useful (i had covid and have to return to work). But I'd like at least a step counter, and it being able to calculate the calories I burn in there would also be helpful.

It can NOT have bluetooth, cellular, any kind of RF at all. Probably not even a data cable (you could theoretically store something in there like on my tactix).

If the DoD/IC/DoE has approved it, that would even be better.

Does this unicorn exist?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#1]
All that,, and no Bluetooth. Well, good luck with that.  Short of the step monitor, it's called an examination room.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yikes, I don't know of anything with all that stuff that doesn't have BT.  G-Shock just released an HR model w/ GPS. I was thinking there was a chance it wasn't connected, but I just looked it up and it's BT enabled.  If it's a legit medical need, maybe there's a waiver or exception to policy you could get for a Fenix that is restricted for use only in the facility, tagged or something.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Tissot T-touch  maybe ??

This is what all it does when not connected to a phone.   Plus it is still a watch & looks like a watch

I can email you the full PDF about it if you want.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:41:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All that,, and no Bluetooth. Well, good luck with that.  Short of the step monitor, it's called an examination room.
View Quote

most current smartwatches do that and more, like monitor your sleep which would be super helpful to me right now (kinda burning it at both ends for the forseeable future).

Thanks on the tissot, but if it has an obvious place to port out, or the brochure says it is connectable, they'll probably make an enterprise-wide example out of me.

Weird thing is, I recall looking at secure space released pictures, and I swear I don't think they were all the boring analog mil issue watches.

Hopefully someone else has already seen where this was figured out, but thanks for the responses, keep them coming!
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 5:05:44 AM EDT
[#6]
https://emfacademy.com/fitness-trackers-without-bluetooth/

Ignore the first two entries - they have Bluetooth. They’re included on the list because you can disable it, however from what you’ve said that’s not good enough for work.

Everything else on the list is true stand-alone.

But no heart monitors. Maybe a separate device?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#7]
You mentioned that you cant even bring notes out, so your area may be classified higher than TOP SECRET collateral, but here is that most current documentation I found, looks like if it does not have a camera or mic, you are allowed to disable Bluetooth, but also may not be necessary. (We just figured this out ourselves, because we have to upgrade our fiber fusion slicer and scope and the new ones use Bluetooth, we thought we were not going to be able to use them, but we can.)

https://dl.dod.cyber.mil/wp-content/uploads/stigs/pdf/2016-04-21_DoD_CIO_Memo-Use_of_Wearable_Devices_DoD_Accredited_Spaces_with_FAQ.pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top