Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2021 8:52:20 PM EDT
I'm about half way through book six.  I've grown weary of the belter saga.  Space Palestinians are not holding my interest.  Marco, Fill-Whip, blah blah blah.  Does book 7 to 9 get better?  I'm ready to trash book 6.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, some but it never gets as good at the first two or three IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in book 4, should I just stop at book 5?
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Book 4 was ok as it sort of resolves the Holden vs Proto-molecule situation.  But the whole book I'm wishing the Corporation would of just nuked the belters from orbit, just to be sure.  

Book 5 and 6 split up the crew.  In the TV series you can simply fast forward any scene with Naomi in it.  But in the book I find it harder to skip around.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Book1, awesomeness all around. The book was better with the details that get overlooked in tv production and stomped into a much too short season.
Book 2, kind of slow and I had a hard time getting thru it.
Book 3, pretty awesome book. Tv series butchered this book so bad that it’s children will inherit the bruises.
Book 4, hard to get thru and dragged. Heavy on belter bullshit which is like listening to Antifa commies whine. The ending was really hard to follow. I had to read it a couple times to get the gist of it. Watching the tv show helped with the mental image of what happened. You’re still left wondering what it’s all about. Hopefully they tie it all up in book 9.
Book 5 and 6 are solid books. They’re kind of a pair. The Naomi drama isn’t leaned on as heavily as the tv show thank fucking god. Tv series skipped most of the cool shit you wanted to see from the book which was disappointing. As a consolation prize, you get like three hours of Naomi ugly crying over space commies. You get snippets of Amos larping thru fucked up North America, and that was about the only good part of the season. Them killing off Alex was bullshit and fucks up the story going forward.
Book 7, takes places like 30 years after the events of 5/6. It was alright, but not very memorable to be honest.
Book 8, continues after 7 and was pretty solid. Pretty good action. Dialog was good and treated characters you care about well.

We’re all waiting for book 9 to come out at the end of the year which is supposedly the series conclusion. This book has been delayed to death.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:46:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Season 6 Episode 1 is out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top