Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2020 10:58:08 AM EDT
Doctor confirmed it yesterday.

We haven't discussed whether I will need surgical repair or not yet.

Anyone have experience here?  I'm still lifting heavy and have no intention of stopping though I guess if I have surgery I will have to stop lifting for a period of time.  Ugh.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Inguinal? Umbilical?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]
In my experience, if it hurts when you “do that”........ then don’t “do that”

Hope you don’t need surgery, good luck!
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#3]
groin so I believe inguinal
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Having one repaired next week.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#5]
A tuck here, a stitch there and it will be all better. You may have to take it easy for a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Been there, done that back in 2015.  Surgery, three weeks rest, and then I was good to go again.

Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd lay off the squats and deadlifts until I had more information.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:32:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Figured I'd update this.  Going in for surgical repair on Monday.  Supposed to be 2 - 3 weeks not lifting anything then I can start back at the gym but I have to drop way back to zero with light weights and build back up.

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:32:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd lay off the squats and deadlifts until I had more information.
View Quote

Yeah that's what I did.  Continued to lift but stopped doing squats, deadlifts, cleans, barbell rows and anything that aggravated it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Had the surgery yesterday.  Turned out I had double hernia repair - tore both sides lol.

Recovery pretty easy so far but godddamn its a pain trying to remember not to lift anything.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Had the surgery yesterday.  Turned out I had double hernia repair - tore both sides lol.

Recovery pretty easy so far but godddamn its a pain trying to remember not to lift anything.
View Quote

I bet the nurse has fun in pre-surgery.

Glad everything went well! :)
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

@livefreeordieNH, how's the recovery going so far?

I had a double repair maybe 9 years ago. I felt ready to do stuff much faster than I actually could have. I remember at one point (a week or so post-op) thinking I could go back to work (sitting at a desk). But just being upright in a chair for longer than I had been previously during recovery started to hurt and made me nauseous.

I also distinctly remember the worst pain I've ever felt coming when my wife told a joke two days after the surgery. It seriously felt like I could feel each and every stitch holding the mesh in place when I laughed.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@livefreeordieNH, how's the recovery going so far?

I had a double repair maybe 9 years ago. I felt ready to do stuff much faster than I actually could have. I remember at one point (a week or so post-op) thinking I could go back to work (sitting at a desk). But just being upright in a chair for longer than I had been previously during recovery started to hurt and made me nauseous.

I also distinctly remember the worst pain I've ever felt coming when my wife told a joke two days after the surgery. It seriously felt like I could feel each and every stitch holding the mesh in place when I laughed.
View Quote

Hah!  Yep I laughed at something a few days in and regretted it bigly.

I'm at 2 weeks out now and feeling great.  Not even taking advil anymore.  Surprised how easy the recovery has been.

My junk turned black and blue though which is something I never thought I'd see and hope not to see again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top