Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2020 12:50:36 AM EDT
For a 5.1.2 Atmos setup, would you get Klipsch RP-150Ms or the Bipole RP-402S for the surrounds? I'm currently using Klipsch Reference R-41Ms and they're lagging behind my other speakers.
I've heard that Atmos prefers to use directed speakers like the RP-150Ms, but based on my room dimensions, my surrounds are only 4' from my seating position, and I have a lot of noticeable "pinpoint" sounds rather than a sound field coming from my rears.

My room is kind of weird too, while it's a long room, the middle is bisected by a staircase so I can't move my rears any further back. But that does still leave a rather large space/void behind my seating positions.

(My fronts are a RP-280FA towers w/ atmos upward firing speakers, RP-440C. Subwoofer is a R-112SW. AVR is a Yamaha TSR-700. TV is a Sony X900H 75")

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 11:39:41 PM EDT
You’re just asking a question to show off that sweet set up

I’m sorry I don’t know the answer. Where did you get the theater recliners from?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:42:20 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheRubberDuck:
You're just asking a question to show off that sweet set up

I'm sorry I don't know the answer. Where did you get the theater recliners from?
View Quote
lol- genuine question!

The recliners are the Octane Contour HR from theaterseatstore.com (4 seat, middle love seat configuration)
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 6:16:04 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NightHawkIX:
lol- genuine question!

The recliners are the Octane Contour HR from theaterseatstore.com (4 seat, middle love seat configuration)
View Quote

I think I looked at that place years ago - referenced pretty often at AVS if I remember correctly. Happy with them?

I’m looking to replace a pair that I currently have.
Top Top