Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2018 7:14:00 PM EDT
Just started riding at the end of August.  Decided to keep rolling through the winter indoors.

Signed up for Zwift to make it less boring.

Anybody on here riding on Zwift?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Thinking about a trainer but not something like that. A plain one.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thinking about a trainer but not something like that. A plain one.
View Quote
A lot of trainers hooked up to a bike can be paired with Zwift.  The tacx flow smart can be had for around $350 (wheel on trainer) - then you don't have to worry about power meters or cadence sensors.  Check out craigslist for used trainers - a lot of people upgrading and getting rid of their old stuff.

Zwift is not for everyone though - there is a membership fee after you get through your free trial period.  I hate monthly fees, but at least it will keep me active through the winter.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A lot of trainers hooked up to a bike can be paired with Zwift.  The tacx flow smart can be had for around $350 (wheel on trainer) - then you don't have to worry about power meters or cadence sensors.  Check out craigslist for used trainers - a lot of people upgrading and getting rid of their old stuff.

Zwift is not for everyone though - there is a membership fee after you get through your free trial period.  I hate monthly fees, but at least it will keep me active through the winter.
View Quote
Craigslist is a great idea, thanks. I just don’t think I’d enjoy Zwift. I think I’d prefer to just watch a documentary or something to stave off boredom.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I was one of the early beta testers, but dropped it when it went to a subscription plan. Living in Arizona, it's hard to justify paying for Zwift, when I can ride 9 months out of the year. I miss having it during the summer, but still ride my trainer when it's too hot to get outside.

I loved how much I got out of it training wise, though. Pretty easy to simulate a real world workout, too. The power numbers it took to keep my guy moving were pretty close to what it took on the road.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
We do LOTS of winter Zwifting in the Kreate household.  Some weeks it's the only riding i'm able to get in with the time change.  
It's not as fun without a smart trainer but it's certainly better than staring at the wall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top