Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2020 12:45:48 AM EDT
did depot mx at tinker few years back, rebuilding flight controls on -135s.... we would fill dents etc with some compound i thought was called "ren" with a grey, alumi-tized composiion that really just kinda looked like JB weld, anyone know what its real name is so i can do some research on it?  i dont think its approved for my lil cessna, military is like cartman and does what it wants, haaha
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 12:51:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Henkel EA9394 2 part epoxy?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:38:23 AM EDT
[#2]
there are a bunch of products for aero fairing. on MD (C-17) metal surfaces we'd use one thing, composite something else, H60 yet another thing, then Boeing, Bell, Bombardier, and Embraer all have their own preferred brand.

<---- assembly inspection for all of them, and more

edited because I can't type

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
dont think it was a henkel product...
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#4]
ATACS 5103 is what I’ve always used for final smoothing before primer and paint when doing composite repairs
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I am using aeropoxy light on an rv build
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am using aeropoxy light on an rv build
View Quote

interesting, and vans allows it?

some folks said that cessna didnt allow it, but this stabilator that im lookn at has some filler on the mod cessna factory did sooooooo
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]
not sure there is much that van's can do...hor stab I had some rivet gun marks I didn't like; just a little.  It is a very light filler, I might have used a total of a pea sized amount over three spots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top