Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You’ve never had skyline then. Serve over spaghetti, top with mounds of shredded cheese, don’t forget the hot sauce!
View Quote
Umm.. Not down with that cinnamon shit Skyline uses. I know its a cincinnati thing, and cincinnati sucks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Umm.. Not down with that cinnamon shit Skyline uses. I know its a cincinnati thing, and cincinnati sucks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’ve never had skyline then. Serve over spaghetti, top with mounds of shredded cheese, don’t forget the hot sauce!
It’s certainly you love it or hate it. It’s certainly the best chili cheese coney known to mankind.

Go during lunch or dinner and you can’t find a table.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've never had skyline then. Serve over spaghetti, top with mounds of shredded cheese, don't forget the hot sauce!
  On the advice of some of the resident Midwest-Americans ( Can we still say Yankee or is it CoC?)  here, I tried Skyline canned chili.  That was hands down the nastiest shit I have ever tasted from a can.  My dogs wouldn't even eat it.

Hormel Black Angus is my go to.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Homemade.

1 can Keystone ground beef
1 can beans
1 can tomateos
seasoning packet.

Best served as a nacho dip.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#6]
There is no way in hell I would eat that shit.  Would rather starve.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Only canned chili I'll touch is Wolf brand.

Have tried the others and they're .
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Skyline
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#9]
This wasn't terrible

but I don't go there any longer

Stagg,hormel and wolf brand chili with no beans are decent,I tried Hardy Jacks Chili no beans and it was pretty good but no one carries it around here anymore..
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Wolf brand without beans for taste and heartburn. Hormel chili without beans mostly.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’ve used this on hot dogs, for year. One day, I checked the ingredients.  It has beans in it.  So ...

I buy cans of Armor No Beans, Old El Paso refried beans, and Ro-tel, and a two pound package of Velveta. I put about a quarter of both the chili and the beans into separate mixing bowls.  I mix the remainder of the chili into the mixing bowl of refried beans: hot dog chili.  I mix the remainder of the refried beans and half the can of Ro-tel in to the mixing bowl of chili: bean dip.  I microwave the rest of the Ro-tel with half the package of Velveta: queso.

I’ll grant you, it ain’t likely to bring the folks from “Fine Cooking” on the run, but so long as I keep my husband fucked into a near catatonic state, if I lead him to the table, and give him a hot dog and a bag of Tostitos, he’ll reflexively starting eating.

I agree he deserves better, but he was the one who insisted on us getting married. {shrug}
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I’ve used this on hot dogs, for year. One day, I checked the ingredients.  It has beans in it.  So ...

I buy cans of Armor No Beans, Old El Paso refried beans, and Ro-tel, and a two pound package of Velveta. I put about a quarter of both the chili and the beans into separate mixing bowls.  I mix the remainder of the chili into the mixing bowl of refried beans: hot dog chili.  I mix the remainder of the refried beans and half the can of Ro-tel in to the mixing bowl of chili: bean dip.  I microwave the rest of the Ro-tel with half the package of Velveta: queso.

I’ll grant you, it ain’t likely to bring the folks from “Fine Cooking” on the run, but so long as I keep my husband fucked into a near catatonic state, if I lead him to the table, and give him a hot dog and a bag of Tostitos, he’ll reflexively starting eating.

I agree he deserves better, but he was the one who insisted on us getting married. {shrug}
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sidebar.

You’re a good wife/woman planejane. In our house we call it “fat, dumb, and happy”. Wife says “that’s my job”

God bless you, your husband and your marriage.

Just talked to my wife about how awesome she is and how my number one goal and pride  is to be good husband.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I like to mix a can of Wolf and a can of Hormels.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I like Cattle Drive. I've only seen it at Costco. I wouldn't call it hot, but it has a little warmth to it.

I've had Stagg. I don't remember what it tastes like but I remember thinking it was okay. Nalley is a little bland for my liking. Haven't tried any others.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#17]
A few years ago Bush's made chili.  As I remember it came in a jar.  It was great.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:59:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It’s hot dog topping if it is out of the can.

Years ago I liked Castlebury’s canned chili.   A touch greasy.   The plastic plant break room had it in a hot vending machine, plunk in your coins and out rolled your already heated canned chili or soup.  
View Quote
I used to like Castlebury's chili and their Brunswick Stew as well.  Haven't seen either in any store for years, though.  But back in my single years it was my go-to cold evening meal.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Easy. Over spaghetti topped with mounds of cheddar cheese. That’s how. Had it today, have it every week. Food of the gods.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, for those that said SkyLine you have either mental or taste bud issues! How in the holy hell can you eat chili with ginger in it?
Easy. Over spaghetti topped with mounds of cheddar cheese. That’s how. Had it today, have it every week. Food of the gods.
I'll agree that it's a tasty meat sauce. It's not chili.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:03:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Stagg Steakhouse Chili at Costco.   It's good and has chunks of beef. 40 grams of protein in one can.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I normally don’t post in chili threads. And I don’t eat straight chili, only on dogs. And then it’s Tony Packo’s. Surprised not mentioned yet.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:23:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ok, for those that said SkyLine you have either mental or taste bud issues! How in the holy hell can you eat chili with ginger in it?
View Quote
Note to self.... look for SkyLine hot dog sauce. ( cause as previously stated canned chili is for hot dogs, and on the cheap fly at that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cinnamon oh that's sound not so great now. Ginger hell yeah.  Cinnamon, not so much.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:34:33 AM EDT
[#24]
It's not from a can- it's refrigerated in a bag inside that box, but if you're not making your own, you're not going to do any better.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:43:31 AM EDT
[#25]
They all suck.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:30:14 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn man, that link is all kinds of fucked up.   Ublock Origin wouldn't let me see the page.

http://link.sylikes.com/?publisherId=615103&afPlacementId=1659178&afCampaignId=k1whbdw10e00zk8a05aty&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com%2Fip%2FSam-s-Choice-Chili-Con-Carne-15-5-oz%2F561548604
Weird. Not sure why it did that.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sam-s-Choice-Chili-Con-Carne-15-5-oz/561548604
@Subnet

No big deal, I just happen to know shit about computers and stuff.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 5:04:47 AM EDT
[#27]
JFC, what kinda basement dweller do you have to be to actually eat canned chili?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
JFC, what kinda basement dweller do you have to be to actually eat canned chili?
View Quote
You eat it when you need to eat fast and don't have the time to make it from scratch.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top